Thoughts on my FF team

Fondybadger

CTG Partner
I was just a "wee bit" drunk last night (6 beers and a half of a 1.75) and I didn't wake up until 30 minutes into my fantasy draft today. I logged in and as I did so the clock was on me in the 5th round. Had things a bit pre-ranked so I wasn't screwed really but I feel I have a lot of question marks and bigger names with lower productions... Any thoughts or feedback you can provide would be appreciated.

Leagues a bit different in terms of starters. We only start 1 RB & WR, and then 2 WR/RB flex.

Points are as follows: passing, receiving, rushing td's are all 6 points, 30 yards passing = 1, 10 yards rushing/receiving = 1, int -3, fumbles -2, otherwise everything is basic, with no return yards counting and there is fractional/negative points.

Twelve team league
QB: Brett Favre
RB: Brian Westbrook
WR: Marques Colston
WR/RB: Andre Johnson
WR/RB: Edgerrin James (see bench)
TE: Tony Gonzalez
K: Phil Dawson
Def: Arizona
Bench:
RB's Ricky Williams, DeAngello Williams, Steve Slaton
WR's Marvin Harrison, Laverneaus Coles
QB's Eli Manning

So basically I'm going to be forced to play at least 2 WR's (instead of my perferred 3 RB's) but that 2nd flex spot is a toss up who I can play each week. Don't know how I feel ending up with the two NY QB's either.

Players of note available:
RB's: Chris Brown, Chris Perry, Warrick Dunn, TJ Duckett, Leon Washington, Ladell Betts, Adrian Petersen, Tim Hightower
WR's: Isaac Bruce, Reggie Williams, Tedd Ginn, Vincent Jackson, Donte Stallworth

Team looks decent. I agree that the second flex position is up for grabs. Maybe find someone in the league lacking depth and trade Edge and Harrison for a good WR3 or RB2. Good luck

I like your team. Only concern is Favre and Harrison.

That career year Favre had last year was due more to productive system he played in than him finding a way to increase his production at his old age imo.

Can Harrison still run routes? Will they decrease his role with the emergence of Gonzalez?

Return yards don't count. Slaton is about the only guy on my team that I could realistically cut right?

Slaton still has a chance to get some yards if Taylor cant do it, but in all reality he is probably the only one to cut.

Last edited:
what everyone else said. Id forget about most of those RBs that are FAs except for Perry, Washington, Betts, and I guess Hightower. That is if you have to pick one up or injuries/etc

Back