Thoughts on Jazz Ml.....

Hawaiiguy

Big Kahuna
I played Lakers and the Over tonite.....it couldnt get easier than that......

I swear, I could just see the Utah players with little cartoon thought bubbles over their heads:

"We got Boston at home tomorrow....."

Utah didnt go to LA to even play......IMO

I gotta lay one or two units on Utah ML tomorrow.....:hang:

I swear, I could just see the Utah players with little cartoon thought bubbles over their heads:

"We got Boston at home tomorrow....."
lmao.jpg

is that their excuse? we got boston tomorrow? that's what i thought but come on you shouldn't cake in vs a conference opponent. It was obvious that the Lakers were just too good and the Jazz couldn't do anything.

Well I would assume the celtics will get a lot of money on them tonight thinking the Jazz are playing b2b. I'm staying away from this one because i'd like to just watch and observe the possible situation that occurs for tomorrow. If the line sets up nicely, its hard press not to just unload on the lakers than bet tonight.

GL HG!

Box scores confirm a total lack of interest by Utah. No one played long minutes. Think a better play would be Utah at half time. GL

and if AK is out then I'd be very very cautious with the Jazz. He's pretty much the only guy on the team that will chase an outside shooter down.

The ESPN anchor led the late night highlights of the game with, "What happened to the Jazz? They stink!" Maybe they come up with some kind of inspired performance against the Celtics, but no way will I wager on it. Much easier bets out there.

I think they just got out played . Lakers are just on fire right now and maybe Jackson showing the tapes of the last beating had them really amped up for this game. When a team is HOT just stand back and most haven't learned this with Portland . I just cant buy into the fact Utah didnt show up especially cause the first few minutes of the game they were winning. Real early but like 5-0 , 9-4 and I checked they were up 13-12 with about 7 to play in the 1st and down 16-13 half way through the 1st. If they didnt show up from the opening tip they would have been blasted. LAL just caught fire and then from what little I saw it seemed Utah started trying to match there pace . Pushing the ball up the court and taking real quick jumpers when they needed to work the ball in the post and use there bigs.

Why would Utah show up in the 2nd H? Sloan has to know his team is terrible on backends this year 2-7 SU? Why fight a battle you cant win? Your down 75 -47 at half and really the game was tied midway through the 1st?

I liked Utah last nite and the go smoked. I cautioned we could just be seeing a red hot Laker squad but the lookaheads I simply dont believe in. Who is Boston? They played DET and lost so in my eyes DET is still the team to beat in the Eastern Conference. The Jazz are not circling a gme with Boston on there calendar. Maybe someone has a logically reason why they would and I would listen. Being 26-3 vs mostly garbage teams is nice but not reason to crown them anything.

Personally I hate the loss of AK47 as many have said the only dude who plays any perimeter defense. I just cant see how you can lay 5 points in Utah. They just beat Dallas two games ago at home.

If you like playing situations and value then you haveto take a stab with Utah here. And if you believe I am wrong with the lookahead scenario's well then clearly Boston is thinking about tmrw and Utah was only focused for this game anyway and wasnt trying yesterday...but I cant believe some East Coast squad is more important then a conference rival.

Claiming Utah was looking past a game at Staples vs. the Lakers is completely absurd. Lakers are at the moment the best team in the western conference. Utah's starters' minutes were low b/c they were down by 30 points and sat everybody.

Claiming Utah was looking past a game at Staples vs. the Lakers is completely absurd. Lakers are at the moment the best team in the western conference. Utah's starters' minutes were low b/c they were down by 30 points and sat everybody.

Totally agree.. To overlook a road game vs a hot Lakers team.. is laughable. They just got beat :tiphat:

Boston is the nearly invincible mystery team and Garnett is on the way to becoming MVP, the hype doesn't get much bigger. The look ahead factor is real, even if the game is not really as important as meeting a western rival.

Utah is desperate to start a run, and I believe they need to launch it from their home court, beating Celtics would be huge for them.

It's not about overlooking.

Looking ahead for me means not putting all on the line because there is another big game coming up tomorrow.

Utah wanted to win, but when it didn't go well they tanked rather than putting up every effort to get back in the game.

I don't know why you mix NFL into it, anyway they have a full week between their games, which makes it easier to focus fully on one opponent at a time.

Thats a better clarification because we were assuming looking ahead meant not even showing up. Your right though down 27 at half why go all out ? I am sorry but if you go from tied midway through the 1st quarter to down 27 and allowing 75 pts in a HALF you are not coming back? What adjustment do you make? The point were making is there play and los had nothing to do with playing Boston on Saturday . The beating is a credit to how well LAL is playing.

Again how Boston is invincible? I mentioned this yeasterday they played about 8 or 9 quality games all season and were like 5-3 or 6-3. Even those they had the benfit of playing some West Coast teams in bad spots playing 3rd gme in 4 days vs a rested Bos team...

Same shit we saw with the Pats for the most part they beat up terrible teams put a decent opponent in front them and its a good game..

GL

Thats a better clarification because we were assuming looking ahead meant not even showing up. Your right though down 27 at half why go all out ? I am sorry but if you go from tied midway through the 1st quarter to down 27 and allowing 75 pts in a HALF you are not coming back? What adjustment do you make? The point were making is there play and los had nothing to do with playing Boston on Saturday . The beating is a credit to how well LAL is playing.

Again how Boston is invincible? I mentioned this yeasterday they played about 8 or 9 quality games all season and were like 5-3 or 6-3. Even those they had the benfit of playing some West Coast teams in bad spots playing 3rd gme in 4 days vs a rested Bos team...

Same shit we saw with the Pats for the most part they beat up terrible teams put a decent opponent in front them and its a good game..

GL
Your crazy man... Pats went into Dallas and beat them and went Indy and beat them, they also crushed san diego and pitt. Who have the cowboys beaten this year besides the Packers (where Farve got hurt)?Im sorry but those AFC playoff teams are a lot better than any in the NFC (Cowboys wins)
<table class="yspwhitebg" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="ysprow2"><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap">Sun 9/9</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> NY Giants</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> W 45-35</td></tr><tr class="ysprow1"><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> Sun 9/16</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> at Miami</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> W 37-20</td></tr><tr class="ysprow2"><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> Sun 9/23</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> at Chicago</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> W 34-10</td></tr><tr class="ysprow1"><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> Sun 9/30</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> St. Louis</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> W 35-7</td></tr><tr class="ysprow2"><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> Mon 10/8</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> at Buffalo</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> W 25-24</td></tr><tr class="ysprow1"><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> Sun 10/14</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> New England</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> L 27-48</td></tr><tr class="ysprow2"><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> Sun 10/21</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> Minnesota</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> W 24-14</td></tr><tr class="ysprow1"><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> </td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> bye</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> </td></tr><tr class="ysprow2"><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> Sun 11/4</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> at Philadelphia</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> W 38-17</td></tr><tr class="ysprow1"><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> Sun 11/11</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> at NY Giants</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> W 31-20</td></tr><tr class="ysprow2"><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> Sun 11/18</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> Washington</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> W 28-23</td></tr><tr class="ysprow1"><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> Thu 11/22</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> NY Jets</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> W 34-3</td></tr><tr class="ysprow2"><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> Thu 11/29</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> Green Bay</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> W 37-27</td></tr><tr class="ysprow1"><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> Sun 12/9</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> at Detroit</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> W 28-27</td></tr><tr class="ysprow2"><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> Sun 12/16</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> Philadelphia</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> L 6-10</td></tr><tr class="ysprow1"><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> Sat 12/22</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> at Carolina</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> W 20-13</td></tr><tr class="ysprow2"><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> Sun 12/30</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> at Washington</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> 4:15 pm</td></tr></tbody></table>

abcs...I was replying to wikeman...
Ok i was just curious about this statement thats all. Seems to be a lot of Pats haters in this world.
Pats for the most part they beat up terrible teams put a decent opponent in front them and its a good game..
Quote sounds a lot like a certain anthony smith quote :36_11_6:
<table class="yspwhitebg" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="ysprow1"><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap">Sun 12/9</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> Pittsburgh</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> W 34-13</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table class="yspwhitebg" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="ysprow1"><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap">Sun 9/16</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> San Diego</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> W 38-14</td></tr></tbody></table><table class="yspwhitebg" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="ysprow2"><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap">Sun 10/7</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> Cleveland</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> W 34-17</td></tr><tr class="ysprow1"><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> Sun 10/14</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> at Dallas</td><td class="yspscores" nowrap="nowrap"> W 48-27</td></tr></tbody></table>

No apology bro. Actually I am dumbass . I forgot I had a football comment in there. So I was like WTF is he talking about but I am the idiot. Dont mind me.

My point was yes they are indeed very good. The excellence of execution and consistency. I didnt mean it as a slap. What I meant was that 3/4 of the teams they were played were terrible and had no chance due mostly to the AFC EAST Miami , Buffalo and NYJ are just terrible teams with no starts or playmakers. You look at the games they played and NE is elite cause there really is no up and down in there level of play that is what seperates the from Dallas and Pitt.

They caught Pitt after the Steelers had a bunch of tough battles and the final is misleading IMO. They held then to some FGs and Pitt went for some plays they shouldnt have takeing pts of the board. Nice win but not as convincing as the final . Same with Cle oh I would have loved to see the Browns not throw an INT with Lewis out of the game in the 1st H from the 1 yd line. Not to mention the last 7 pts came on a fumble in the last 30 seconds even still it was a 10 pt game. SD well new staff and just in a funk at the time they played. Plus no one knew how good NE would be. Same with Dallas and Indy very nice wins but Dallas had the lead mid way through the 3rd q and Indy led to start the 4th q.

All I am saying is that they have been tested and they can be beaten. Philly and Balt should what playing good defense on them does...

I just mean you put a quality opponent in front them its a ball game. No knock intended. Same thing with the C's given them a quality team and yo have urself a game...

Thats all ...I have tremendous respect for NE...

I have no idea where this thread is going........

All i know is if AK is doubtful I am laying off.....

:36_11_6:

Back