Thoughts On Eric Gordon

twinkie13

In transit, arriving late.
There is a local reporter here that cannot stand him. He is now taking nights off from B2B to rest while other guys are out there every night. Other players of same and better caliber toughing it out. I do not think he wants to be here, the contract sucks for the Hornets. They made a mistake signing him, and he is like a Dwight Howard type poster boy of why fans hate NBA player contracts and the current state of the "trade me or I wont play shit"

What can the Pelicans get for him? Any rumors out there? I think the guy can play, but it is not a good look how he is. Maybe another team will spark his interest etc...

Kid has talent for sure. Would not be opposed to a trade with the Sixers that involves shipping Spencer Hawes. A backcourt of Gordon and the homie Jrue would be pretty good, IMO.

Pelly office is dumb for matching the Suns' offer this past summer, kid made it fairly obvious he didn't want any part of Nawlins. Why pay someone so much that would rather be elsewhere. It's not fucking rocket science to run an NBA franchise. Shit is all about chemistry in order to succeed...

[h=6]Ian (Indianapolis)[/h]

We don't get a lot of New Orleans games in the Midwest. What's the Hornets' incentive to get rid of Gordon?
[h=6]Chad Ford (1:44 PM)
[/h]

They overpaid this summer to keep him. There are concerns about his durability and he wasn't very happy when the Hornets matched the offer. If they could get a young (cheaper) quality two guard in return (Klay Thompson is the player most often mentioned) in return, they save money long-term and still get a two guard with a bright future to grow around Anthony Davis and whoever they select in this year's draft.

[h=6]Michele (Los Angeles)[/h]

Are the Hornets considering dealing Eric Gordon?
[h=6]Chad Ford (1:23 PM)
[/h]

Yes. I mean, c'mon, they've got Austin Rivers waiting in the wings! But teams are wary because of his injury history. Teams like the Warriors have shown interest. The Pacers have shown lots of interest in the past. The question is whether their doctors can get comfortable enough with Gordon's medical issues to give up something of value and take on his huge contract.

not too sure the Pacers would want another potential injury disaster since they are trying to figure out what to do with Granger lol

I love Evan Turner....I think when he leaves the sixers and Doug Collins his is gonna be a star....that being said ET and Jrue does not work and can not work and the sixers need someone who can score and get to the basket.....seems like a match to me....ET and Kwame brown and Nick Young seem to somewhat matchup salary wise....if you are the sixers you take a shot and get a scorer and if you are the hornets you get out from gordons probably terrible contract and add a few 1 year deals and get a someone who could be your point forward....I would hate and love it....

Didn't Golden State turn down a Harden-Klay deal in the offseason? Why would they now flip him for Gordon?

if they didn't win the lottery the team might not be there anymore in a few years

Yea the new owner likely would butted heads with the other team in town's owner. Definitely was dependent on the the draft lottery, because that matters.

Back