Thoughts for Ohio State at Virginia Tech

• Thread starter Thread starter CapeCodCannibal
  • Start date Start date
C

CapeCodCannibal

Spread is currently 14-14.5 up from an opening line around 10.5/11

- Reigning Big 10 defensive player of the year Joey Bosa is suspended

- VT defense is returning 8 starters, last year they ranked 21st in total defense and 14th in scoring defense.

- VT won 35-21 at Ohio State last year

- VT QB returns for his Sr season after a mediocre year in which he passed for 2,700 yards and 18 TD's

- Every single Hokie who scored a point last year will be playing tomorrow.

- The Hokies offensive line scares me

Lean VT +14.5

Thoughts?

:cheers3:

My PR line is 14.5 on the dot, meaning 14.5 on a neutral. I played VT at 14.5 giving them 4 points of HFA. I think Ohio St is vastly better but I'll take my chances that VT can keep it within 2 scores. I may end up on VT 1H as well. I could see a 10-7 HT score with something like a 31-17 final for the buckeyes. I just think eventually the 3 and outs produced by the VT offense will take it's toll on the defense

Meyer's now 35-9 ATS with a week+ to prepare. He's had 8 months to prep for Va Tech. No way I bet against him.

Spread is currently 14-14.5 up from an opening line around 10.5/11
- Reigning Big 10 defensive player of the year Joey Bosa is suspended

- VT defense is returning 8 starters, last year they ranked 21st in total defense and 14th in scoring defense.

- VT won 35-21 at Ohio State last year

- VT QB returns for his Sr season after a mediocre year in which he passed for 2,700 yards and 18 TD's

- Every single Hokie who scored a point last year will be playing tomorrow.

- The Hokies offensive line scares me

Lean VT +14.5

Thoughts?

:cheers3:

Line opened at 14.5 and dropped to 9.5-10 (End of July) when suspensions were announced. Now it back up to 14 and subjected to a middle for those who bet it a while back at 9.5-10.

This game should not be close and if any dog money is on them at 15 or more could get lucky with a back door cover but I doubt it.

If I could trust Brewer, VT would be easy play. That VT defense may be top 10 this year and they return all playmakers. But someone has to allow them to make plays.

I expect conservative start and low scoring first half and fhrn tOSU to pull away in 2nd half

This has under written all over it which to some could be a problem, but it makes the most sense to me

Back