Thoughts and plays for week 1

Throwback420

Diehard L.A. fan
I have no plays in yet but will write all my thoughts on the teams i Like for week 1. I dont really like putting in plays early usally wait closer to kickoff or a day before sometimes it helps some times not. Been waiting a while for the NFL season felt like for ever lets get this started. Will add official week 1 plays in this thread closer to game time plays might (may change plays if spreads or other things change closer to game time. These are thoughts and most likely the temas i will play as for now) GL to eveyone at CTG.

Saints +6 and ML @ IND- I really like the Saints in this one. The 2 headed monster of Deuce and Bush should really test the indy run D, to see if they have got better or worse. I think the Saints can hang scoring with Peyton and the Colts, I just hope the Saints DB's can cover this year If not its gonna be back and forth. I think The saints have the edge on pass rushers they got both Will Smith and C Grant hopefully they can pressure Manning into some mistakes. I feel the best bet is to take the Pts. I also think the saints can win SU so theres value in the ML.

Hou Tex -3 vs KC- I know the AFC West pretty good and IMHO i think the Cheifs will be the worse team in the divison. I will admit their Defense is getting a little better but their Offense sucks. Larry Johnson said himself it will take a couple of games to get into "game shape", since he was holding out. I dont expect Bowe to help their weak WR core right away so I would just put 8 in the box and cover Tony G with your best DB and Lets Huard and the WR's beat you. Matt Shaub has been waiting for this moment for some time and now he finally gets to show what he gots to the whole NFL. IMO the texans is the play in this game.

BUF +3 and ML vs DEN - I know eveyone feels Denver is the play and that they should win easily but i dont think so. Denver hasnt really impressed me much this pre season. I think their Defense isnt nearly as good as it was last year. Im still not sold on Jay Cutler. Im taking the home dog. I think The Bills have some nice young talent and some speed than can really challange that Denver D. I dont think denvers pass rush will hurry Loseman that much so he should have time to throw and make smart decesion. The big question is how will their running game do, Lynch has looked like shit in the preseason while Dwayne Wright and Fred Jackson have looked good. Another question is if the Bills can stop denvers running game. If they can make the Broncos one dimentional it will be a long day for Cutler. I like an unpopular home dog in this game. Also this game looks like a trap game for denver.

Chi Bears +6 and ML @ SD - nothing really to say on this game just think that Bears can win this and +6 and ML is value. I know this can go to shit quick if the Ugly Rex shows up but I'll take my chances. Phillip Rivers usally plays like shit against Elite D's.

*Homer Alert --- Im a Raider fan. I know everyone thinks this team is shit and its OK. I think they will shut up all the critics this season and show what they got. I know everyone thinks the major key to this teams winning and covering ATS this year is the Oline and QB play. I will agree with that. So far in pre season the changing from from the power blocking scheme to zone blocking scheme has helped tremendously. The Oline this pre season went 7 Qrs without giving up a sack in preseason. I know its pre season and not a big deal but compared to last year they gave up like 2 sacks a Q in the preseason. Thats a nice improvement and shows what the zone blocking scheme can do. This scheme has really helped the running game also. Lamont Jordan has looked good coming off a knee injury and Griffth and rookie FB O'neal add some fresh legs to the Raiders FB's. The biggest Thing is the Big 3 coaches on Offense OL Tom Cable , OC Greg Knapp and HC Lane Kiffin. They have been nothing but great so far and Kiffins play calling will be huge on the teams sucess this year. Another thing people froget is that the raiders only bring back 1 WR that played last year Ronald Curry and he didnt even play till late in the year and was still the best WR. The new WR core is Jerry Porter , Ron Curry , Rookie Johnnie Lee Higgans , Big Mike Williams and Travis Taylor. Raiders also add rookie TE Zack Miller and bring back TE Madsen who looked really good in the pre season. The offense should be alot damn better than last year. The defense is striding to be the best Defense in the league and i think they could accomplish that.

Oak -1 vs DET - This game is gonna have to be won on the Raiders offense. I still have no clue on who the starting QB will be for Oak. It should be CPEP but It wouldnt suprise me to much if McCown gets the nod. The Raiders pass D will harass Kitna all day Det backers and fans better hope his back holds up. Nnamdi Asomugah should give Roy WIlliams all he can handle. The matchup that scares me is Calvinn on DB Fabe Washington. He is a smaller DB but blazing fast. He has trouble against bigger more physical WR's. The Lions will not be able to run on the raiders I promise you that The raiders made Tatum Bell their Bitch when he was with denver. Burgess owns him. Their best bet is to go with Duckett. I think Raiders win this game easily I know Semcon and many others disagree but its all good go ahead and put your money on the Lions week 1 I dare you.

J-E-T-S +6 and ML vs NE - The team everyone loves The pats.I said when they got Moss he would be a problem and theres rumors that he was going to get cut and this and that. This is not what the Pats need going in to NY against Magenius lol. I really like the Jets this year i think they look alot better this year than what they did last year. Still though this team will only go as far as Chad Pennington takes them. I really like the 2 headed monster of Jones and Leon Washington. I think the Jets will score on a Hurt Parts defense (Seymour PUP and The Cheater Harrison out). I just hope the Jets D bends and dont break against the Great Tom Brady. If they Jets can hold the Revamped Pats Offense to Fg's and not TD's they should win or cover a close game thats why im taking 6pts and the ML on the Home dog on their season opener against a hated rival.

Wash -3 vs MIA - I really like this redskins team but they will only do as good as Campbell does. He should have better grasp of Al Saunders offense being its his 2nd year in it. I really like their Skill set players. The big key on Offense will be their Oline. If they can give Campbell time he will make the right plays. Skins Defense looks more like that defense that took them to the playoffs a couple of years ago. The big thing this year will be if they can pressure the QB and Coverage thats what hurt them last year. I think they made enought offseaon moves to help them. With the Dolphins im not sold on their Offense. Trent Green looked bad in pre season IMO. Also their Oline doesnt look to good. Being its Coach Camerons 1st game on the road, Im going with he better overall team IMO the Redskins. Even though the dolphins can still win with their bad ass defense if they rattle Campbell, but i think the Kid has a breakout season and this is a big test for him.

Vikings -3 vs ATL - In this game we will see like 2-3 sportcenter highlights made by Adrian"AD"Peterson. I know alot of peolpe dont really like Tavaris Jackson and he wont be nothing in this league I disagree. I really think T Jack and this Viking Team will make some noise in the NFC. The big question in this game is if The Falcons have improved their RUn d because if they havent, Taylor and AD should run wild. The falcons and Joey Harrington looked all right runing new coach Petrino's Offense but I think he would struggle against a Solid D in the Vikes. I also am not sold on the Falcons Defense although i do like how rookie DE Anderson has looked. I like Minny in this game as they should run all over the Falcons.

Sea -6 vs TB - I like the seahawks in a rout. They got alot better in the offseason and I think Hasselbeck and Shaun make a statement this season and it starts week 1. Sea at home vs a weak Bucs team.

Green Bay +3 and ML vs Eagles - How will McNabb play coming back from Injury? That is the big question in this game. I think the wrong team is favored in this game, GB should be laying 3 not the Eagles. If McNabb was coming offa healthy season i could see this line making sence but not after what happen last year. I really like GB's defense, there CB's can play man , they put pressure on the QB and their LB's dont miss tackles and make plays. The weak part of their D is the safties which i think are a question. I think Brett farve can do just enough in the passing game to get a lead in hold, im not so sure on how rookie RB Jackson will do against a stellar D in Philly. I just really see value in the unpopular home dog on opening weekend. May just play the ML and say fuck the pts.

Rams -1 vs Panthers +1 - cant really make up my mind on this play at 1st I really liked the rams but now im kind of leaning on the panthers. I think its all because of Delhomme, when he's on this team is lights out on offense, when he's not the whole offense is shit. I really think Deangelo williams is gonna step up this year and help keep Deshawn Foster a little fresh. Panther D should be solid like always. On the Rams Side their Defense is garbarge. I likt Little and thats it. Their DB's were terrible in the pre season and S.Smith can light them up he scares me. Marc Bulger is money and he got money in his new contract. Their ?'s on how Healthy Holt is. Steven Jackson is a monster and should have a monster year.

Browns +5 vs Pitt - I just really like the home underdog against a hated rival.

Titans + 7 and ML @ Jax - 2 words Vince Young. I have never bet against this man in the pros and in college and I dont plan to anytime soon. I kow Titans didnt really seem to improve in the off season but I think they added some nice young solid talent, some with lights out speed. I really like Rookie DB Griffen the Titans hope he can be a playmake on D like Pac Man was hopefully without the off field troubles lol. Keith Bulluck is the leader of this D, they are gonna have a tough job of taking on Taylor and Jones and New Starter Garrard, but I think the Titans can hold their own. I know VY has a hard task against a stellar D in the Jags which he has had trouble in the past but i think YOung is going to take it to another level this year, hopefully Lendale White takes off a little pressure as he got the starting rb job. I think the Titans will be in a close game with a chance to Win SU late.

Gmen +5.5 and ML @ DAL -

Bengals -2.5 vs Ravens -

Cards +3 @ San Fran -

:prayer

Last edited:
NFL ATS : 0-1 (-4 units)
NFL Underdog ML's: 0-1 (-1 unit)
---------------------------------------------------------

Saints +6 (4 units) --------- L

Saints ML +205 (1 unit) --------L

Sunday Week 1 NFL Plays :

Texans -3 (1 Unit) --------W
Redskins -3 (1 unit) -------- P
Browns +6 -120 (2 units) <<--- Bought .5 at Bookmaker.com -------L
Vikings -3 (2 units) -------W
Bills +3 (2 units) -------W
Titans +8 -120 (2.5 units) <<---- Bought .5 at Bookmaker.com ------W
Jets +6 (2 units) -------L

underdog ml's :

Browns +200 (.5 unit to win 1 unit) -----L
Bills +155 (.25 unit to win .4 unit) --------L
Titans +275 (.65 to win 2 Units) ------W
Packers +160 (.5 unit to win .8 unit) ------W
Jets +225 (.42 units to win 1 unit) -------L

Last edited:
still looking at things, but for thursday i'm falling in luv w/ the under.

yeah at 1st you think both teams are gonna put up hell of pts its given, but its week one and I dont think both teams will be as sharp as they like. Its given week 1. I never really play totals though. Love underdog ML's though.

I remeber last year I hit the Lions ML when they beat the Cowboys week 17 i think. :cheers:

i am yet to miss a game risky rexy has taken a snap. i'll have more on bears later this week.

like most of your leans.

The only one I don't like really is the Raiders. I think Detroit, believe it or not, actually wins that game.

I also think that the number's nice for Philly, but I'm not touching that game and can understand why you'd roll with the Pack.

The only one I don't like really is the Raiders. I think Detroit, believe it or not, actually wins that game.

I also think that the number's nice for Philly, but I'm not touching that game and can understand why you'd roll with the Pack.

Raiders win easy. Kitna wont have time to throw, they wnt run on the Raiders. Lions D sucks. Its all on how the Raiders offense does.

It's all about Detroit's O-line.

If they can protect Kitna, it's going to be a long day for the Raiders--and an easy cover for the over.

But you're right, if the Raiders' DL can get to him, the Raiders should win easy because as bad as the Raiders' offense is going to be, I'm pretty sure everybody can score on the Lions this year.

Nice thread man...

Impressed with the stats you put out for Oaklands O-Line in preseason. I am not playing the game. I think the over is the play but won;t play totals in niffel. Losing Bullocks in secondary made Lions defense prolly worst in league. They have a chance in week one if the defensive line comes to play. When those cats do they can be dominant(see Seattle game last year).

* for any1 that cares on the Det/Oak game all things point to McCown starting. Kiffin told the qb's who will get the start. I would go with Culpepper.

– Defensive tackle Warren Sapp was involved in what appeared to be a serious conversation with Daunte Culpepper heading off the practice field. Culpepper's body language suggested he hadn't received good news.
http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/2007/09/04/making-the-call/

IMO that shows that Kiffin gave the nod to McCown. I could be wrong. Kiffin will make it official for everyone wednesday or thursday

for any1 that care on the Det/Oak game all things point to McCown starting. Kiffin told the qb's who will get the start. I would go with Cullpepper.

Man, we can't agree on anything with the Raiders, can we.

I'd have gone with Luke, too.

However, for what it's worth, though, I'm coming around to your points on the Raiders this weekend.

I grew tired of Daunte culpecker. That guy needs to put down the x-box and learn his playbook instead of practicing his silly gigs.

Start Ivan Drago against his former team

" You will lose"

It will be reunion day at MacAfee colesium

Our backupQB/5th WR last year McCown starts for Oka

Our 6th WR last year is a backup there (BMW)

It will be reunion day at MacAfee colesium

Our backupQB/5th WR last year McCown starts for Oka

Our 6th WR last year is a backup there (BMW)

A you think the Lions picked up 5th rd rookie Eric Frampton from waivers from the raiders for their playbook ?

Larry Johnson IS in Game Shape. He worked out with Brady Quinn. Quinn came to camp SHARP AS A TAC. Wach out for Larry today.

Day games :

SeaHawks -5 -120 (1 unit) ------W
Raiders ML -150 ( 3 units to win 2 units) ------L
Bears +7 (2 units) -------L
Raiders -3 ev (2 unit) ------L

underdog ML's

Bears +280 (.65 units to win 2 units) ------L

*side notes on the early games: just wanna say Browns are garbage and fuck the Pats and Randy Moss lol and Go Vince Young!!

Last edited:
SNF :

Gmen +7 -120 (risking 3 units to win 2.5) -----L

Underdog ML:

Gmen +245 (.4 unit to win 1 unit) --------L

Last edited:
Good luck on NYG, I'm on them as well. Still don't trust the team completely but they usually have a good showing in big D.

MNF:

Cards +4 -120 ( 1 unit) --------W

MNF Underdog:

Cards ML +175 (.45 unit to win .8 unit) ------L

Week 1 NFL :

Ats - 7-7-1 (-6.5 units)

Underdog ML's 2-7 (-.90 unit)

Last edited:
Back