Those of you in Vegas

pstone

Pretty much a regular
who want the fresh numbers and don't mind parking it in the book for a few hours. I have it on good authority that the Las Vegas Hilton is going to post their College GOYs sometime Sunday. Jay Kornegay typically puts up close to 100 games.

Good luck,
Paul

i will take a minute today and run in there. Not a guarantee but i will try.

i will likely just grab the sheet unless the lines are up on the big boards where i can jot down changes. if not , i am not going up to the ticket writer and getting the current line for each game. if i remember i will try to get limits.

I'm tied up right now and cannot post all the openers

from the LV Hilton.

If anyone, however, wants a specific game or two, please let me know and I'll try to get it up.

Paul

these are the numbers that were on the sheet. limits of a dime. all games have to be played within 8 days of scheduled date and have to be played at scheduled designated site.

sept 6

miami
florida -18.5

ttech -7
nevada

sep 12

kansas
usf -6.5

sep 13

ohio state
usc -5.5

wisconsin-3
fresno st

ucla
byu -9

michigan
notre dame -3.5 ( different favorite than gnugg opener )

iowa state
iowa -14

sep 18

wvirg -6
colorado

sep 20
florida -6.5
tenn

georgia -4.5
az st

vt -4
unc

boise st
oregon -6

iowa st
unlv -2 ???really ??

wake forest
fsu -5.5

notre dame
mich state -3

sep 25

usc -11.5
oregon st

sep 27

bama
georgia -9.5

illinois
penn st -8.5

nevada -3
unlv

oct 4

ohio st -4
wiscy

mizzou -4.5
nebraska

fsu
miami fl -2.5

texas -4.5
colorado

oct 9

clemson -4
wake forest

oct 10

louisville -7.5
memphis

oct 11

lsu
florida -8.5

oklahomasucks -6
texas
game in dallas

penn st
wiscy -3.5

ucla
oregon -10

notre dame
unc -3

oct 16

fsu -5
ncstte

byu
tcu -1

oct 18

kansas
oklahoma -16 ( that many ? )

ohio state -9
mich state

mizzou
texas -3

michigan
penn st -9

cal -1
arizona

oct 23

auburn
wvirg -3.5

oct 25

usc -10.5
arizona

georgia
lsu -1

penn st
ohio state -10.5

vt -2
fsu

bama
tenn -4

nevada
hawaii -3

msu
mich -4

nov 1

florida -2.5
georgia
game in jacksonville

nebraska
oklahomasucks -17.5

texas
texas tech -3

ksu
kansas -5

pitt
notre dame -4.5

nov 7

nevada
fresno st -7

nov 8

clemson -3
fsu

bama
lsu -7

cal
usc -13

nov 13

vt -3
miami

wyoming
unlv -2.5 ( hmmm )

nov 15

south carolina
florida -13.5

georgia -1
auburn

ohio st -8
illinois

texas-3
kansas

nov 20

miami fl
georgia tech -1

nov 22

texas tech
oklahomasucks -11

michigan
ohio state -14.5

byu
utah -2.5

stanford
cal -14.5

boise st -3.5
nevada

msu
penn st -8

ncstate
unc -7

washington -3
wash state

nov 27

tamu
texas -15

nov 28

wvirg -6.5
pitt

lsu -7
arkansas
in little rock

fresno
boise st -9.5

miss st
ole miss -6.5

colorado
nebraska -6.5

ucla
az st -9.5

nov 29

notre dame
usc -16.5

florida -8
fsu

georgia tech
georgia -14

oklahoma -11
okie state

kansas
mizzou -7
in kansas city

south carolina
clemson -7

auburn
bama pk

virginia
virg tech -14

oregon
oregon st -1 ?? really ??

dec 6th

usc -14
ucla

navy -10
army
game in philly

arizona st
arizona -1

cincy
hawaii -3

usf
wvirg -7

georgia -4.5
az st

Love Georgia in this spot.

Go back to the USC-ASU game last year on Thanksgiving night. The Sun Devils simply could not hang in the trenches. Ask Hawaii about the trenches against the Dawgs. It may be close for a half but I expect a double digit victory no doubt. I have a feeling when we get to that week the line will be 7-8.

Not sure what they opened at for certain. This is their current sheet. at the bottom of the sheet it says "current as of 7-13-08".

Despite the fact that i sort of knew the particular ticket writer that i asked about limits, i wasnt going to ask him to go through the entire listing of games to see what had changed. Used to be able to ask for a printout but they wouldnt do that.... "too much paper" .. whatever.

Love Georgia in this spot.

Go back to the USC-ASU game last year on Thanksgiving night. The Sun Devils simply could not hang in the trenches. Ask Hawaii about the trenches against the Dawgs. It may be close for a half but I expect a double digit victory no doubt. I have a feeling when we get to that week the line will be 7-8.

In complete agreement.

Have to keep in mind that arizona state was also one of the luckiest , most overrated teams at the end of last year , and this team looks very similar. shrug. That offensive line might mature for later in the year but that is a tough matchup for them in middle to late september.

I would put arizona state right up there with uconn as the luckiest team last year.

In complete agreement.

Have to keep in mind that arizona state was also one of the luckiest , most overrated teams at the end of last year , and this team looks very similar. shrug. That offensive line might mature for later in the year but that is a tough matchup for them in middle to late september.

I would put arizona state right up there with uconn as the luckiest team last year.

Excellent points.

Check Zona St. O-line coming into this year. the depth is chock full of redshirt freshman.

Olson was adamant in saying the 55 sacks allowed last season were 33.3 percent on Carpenter, 33.3 percent on poor blocking by the running backs and 33.3 percent on the offensive line. Considerable effort has been spent to rectify those problems.

"We made a lot of progress. Are we where we need to be? No, we've got a long way to go, but I thought, from the beginning of the spring to where we're at now, it's way better," Erickson said. "I thought our pass protecting has been a lot better. I thought we protected pretty well. That's been an area of concern, but they've made a lot of progress."

The starting guards are back in massive senior Paul Fanaika (6-6, 359), a former walk on with 23 career starts, and junior Shawn Lauvao (6-3, 305). One of the positions the coaching staff was paying extra attention to this spring was left tackle, where it appears sophomore Jon Hargis (6-4, 310) successfully made the transition from defensive tackle. He was not only listed No. 1 on the depth chart; Erickson and Olson each believe he could anchor the line.

At right tackle is junior Richard Tuitu'u (6-4, 353), who has seen action in 19 games, while either junior Thomas Altieri (6-2, 300) and Garth Gerhart (6-0, 305) is expected to man the middle. Others in the mix on the line include junior tackle Tom Njunge (6-5, 280), a transfer from Pasadena City College, and redshirt freshman Matt Hustad (6-4, 275).

Yep. That's basically what Steele projected. The starters could be solid, but we'll see how the depth fares.

Time will tell. I'll believe it when I see it.

msu
mich -4

Going to be a very interesting game this year. Maybe a good under game. I expect a battle. Mr. Hart is no longer here but his "little brother" comment following last years 4th quarter comeback in East Lansing is still stinging Sparty I can guarantee. I think the Rodriguez-Dantoni coaching rivalry may get spicy over the next few years. Two fiery guys. MSU defense slowly but surely continues to improve. Michigans will be excellent this season as well. This should be a low scoring battle. RichRod's system will of had a month and a half to adjust so they should be ready. I think this line is a little low. Is this saying that MSU is a FG better than Utah(for line value comparison)?

Yep. That's basically what Steele projected. The starters could be solid, but we'll see how the depth fares.

Time will tell. I'll believe it when I see it.
The Trojans had six sacks, four by Lawrence Jackson alone, and that was hardly out of the blue: prior to that debacle, the Devil line had allowed three sacks to Colorado, four to Oregon State, six to Stanford (!), five to Washington State, eight to Oregon and six to UCLA, then finished the year by giving up four sacks to Texas in the Holiday Bowl. Carpenter was sacked more times per game than any quarterback in school history, more than any Pac Ten quarterback since the NCAA began keeping the stat in 2004, and more than any quarterback in the country last year except beleaguered Andrew Robinson at Syracuse. Anyone who watched ASU’s marquee, nationally-televised games against top ten-ish opponents -- Oregon, USC and Texas -- knows the high sack totals were only one symptom of the line’s inability to keep rushers off Carpenter, who was constantly hounded, hit and forced to throw the ball away in those games (all lopsided ASU losses) even when not actually sacked. How they managed to win ten while often allowing similar pressure in the late night FSN ghetto is a mystery, and a testament to just what a gamer Carpenter is.
This year’s group is not as experienced or talented on paper -- massive right guard Paul Fanaika is a two-year starter who’s been honorable mention all-Pac Ten both years, but the newbies are unheralded third and fourth-year players who couldn’t supplant the turnstile guys on the front line last year, and one of them, projected right tackle Jon Hargis, spent all of ‘07 on the defensive line -- but the law of averages says there’s nowhere to go but up. If they’re as easily overcome as that group, the problems here go much deeper than talent.

Excellent points BAR. He got rid of the ball just in time so many plays last year. He was also more elusive back there than a lot of us give him credit for.

its easy to forget that this arizona state team deserved to lose at washington state , had a bullshit win at home vs oregon state inwhich they were dominated for the majority of the game and then a bunch of big plays and turnovers aided them late. They caught CAL when half of the bears team was injured , and caught ucla at a good time too. They were as fortunate as you can get last year. The coach is solid , makes great adjustments and if they stop the run like last year they will be just as good ... but it wont show in the record because this year they dont have it so easy. georgia at home , at cal , at usc back to back , at oregon state in nov when that front seven might have matured and an offense that beat the shit out of them in tempe last year , at washington who is improved , and at zona to end the year. tough tough tough.

Schedule/Results

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahead colSpan=5>Regular Season:</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2b width="18%">Date</TD><TD class=datahl2b width="15%">vs.</TD><TD class=datahl2b width="25%">Score</TD><TD class=datahl2b width="24%">Line</TD><TD class=datahl2b width="18%">O/U</TD></TR><TR align=left><TD class=datacell>09/01/07</TD><TD class=datacell>SJST </TD><TD class=datacell>W 45-3 </TD><TD class=datacell>W -16.5</TD><TD class=datacell>U 52</TD></TR><TR align=left><TD class=datacell>09/08/07</TD><TD class=datacell>COL </TD><TD class=datacell>W 33-14 </TD><TD class=datacell>W -15.5</TD><TD class=datacell>U 53</TD></TR><TR align=left><TD class=datacell>09/15/07</TD><TD class=datacell>SDST </TD><TD class=datacell>W 34-13 </TD><TD class=datacell>L -28.5</TD><TD class=datacell>U 58</TD></TR><TR align=left><TD class=datacell>09/22/07</TD><TD class=datacell>OREST </TD><TD class=datacell>W 44-32 </TD><TD class=datacell>W -11</TD><TD class=datacell>O 51.5</TD></TR><TR align=left><TD class=datacell>09/29/07</TD><TD class=datacell>@STAN </TD><TD class=datacell>W 41-3 </TD><TD class=datacell>W -15</TD><TD class=datacell>U 60</TD></TR><TR align=left><TD class=datacell>10/06/07</TD><TD class=datacell>@WSHST </TD><TD class=datacell>W 23-20 </TD><TD class=datacell>L -9</TD><TD class=datacell>U 64</TD></TR><TR align=left><TD class=datacell>10/13/07</TD><TD class=datacell>WASH </TD><TD class=datacell>W 44-20 </TD><TD class=datacell>W -11</TD><TD class=datacell>O 56</TD></TR><TR align=left><TD class=datacell>10/27/07</TD><TD class=datacell>CAL </TD><TD class=datacell>W 31-20 </TD><TD class=datacell>W -3</TD><TD class=datacell>U 61</TD></TR><TR align=left><TD class=datacell>11/03/07</TD><TD class=datacell>@ORE </TD><TD class=datacell>L 23-35 </TD><TD class=datacell>L 8</TD><TD class=datacell>U 62</TD></TR><TR align=left><TD class=datacell>11/10/07</TD><TD class=datacell>@UCLA </TD><TD class=datacell>W 24-20 </TD><TD class=datacell>L -7</TD><TD class=datacell>U 52</TD></TR><TR align=left><TD class=datacell>11/22/07</TD><TD class=datacell>USC </TD><TD class=datacell>L 24-44 </TD><TD class=datacell>L 3.5</TD><TD class=datacell>O 50.5</TD></TR><TR align=left><TD class=datacell>12/01/07</TD><TD class=datacell>ARZ </TD><TD class=datacell>W 20-17 </TD><TD class=datacell>L -7</TD><TD class=datacell>U 56.5</TD></TR><TR align=left><TD class=datacell>12/27/07</TD><TD class=datacell>TEXAS </TD><TD class=datacell>L 34-52 </TD><TD class=datacell>L 1</TD><TD class=datacell>O 62</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I posted that so I could read off it. I have liked the ASU program for several years now. Prolly because they are shady ;). I played a lot of their games last year.

I had the over in week one. Was really pissed after that one.

Had them against CU in week two. Were they not down 14-0 to start.

I know they were down 19-0 to the Beavers. That was a lucky ass win for many of us.

The Cal game, they were getting dominated. I mean dominated in the first half. I remember watching the first 20 minutes of play of so and was pissed. It was 20-3 at one point. The second half was just amazing. I remember talking to Hunt on phone at half and we kept reminding ourselves that ASU was a second half team. Of course it was a scintilating second half. Bought into them at Oregon and that was an odd game to say the least where we coulda got the cover but didn't.

The UCLA game is the one game last year that still has me pissed off. The fumbles inside the 5(2 I believe). The kickoff returns for UCLA. Unreal. That was a tough game to take emotionally. One of the rare times last year I just totally got very pissed at a loss.

So my first bet against them....the USC game which goes back to the offensive line. I wasn't so much using that as my criteria in that game betting as I learned more and more about it watching the game. It was men versus boys. It was ugly. Def gained a lot of admiration for Rudy that night. He was a trooper no doubt.

Had them against CU in week two. Were they not down 14-0 to start.

yeah , check out the last five minutes of the first half starting with a big fourth down conversion for az st down two td.

I know they were down 19-0 to the Beavers. That was a lucky ass win for many of us.

I had plus 12 with the beavers.... so besides the fuck job i took for the game to get a push , i also got fucked by the mysterious worthless two point ocnversion attempt at the end of the game.

The UCLA game is the one game last year that still has me pissed off. The fumbles inside the 5(2 I believe). The kickoff returns for UCLA. Unreal. That was a tough game to take emotionally. One of the rare times last year I just totally got very pissed at a loss.

shady bullshit in that game. very shady. i watched it without action. arizona state should have covered that going away. again though , could they have caught ucla at a better time ??

I hate that team. lol. i bet them against my favorite team texas in the bowl game , thinking texas would have no motivation and that az st would. they got bitch slapped even with mac browns relative running onto the field to pick up fumbled balls.

Back