This Was Uncalled For From Lions Fans

Why?

Listen, I'm huge Fratty guy and still like him.

With that being said, this is a playoff game.

Yes, a regular season game he should receive a standing ovation. I hope we do next season when they visit.

Playoffs though, win or go home. Friendships die out on that field.

Why?

Listen, I'm huge Fratty guy and still like him.

With that being said, this is a playoff game.

Yes, a regular season game he should receive a standing ovation. I hope we do next season when they visit.

Playoffs though, win or go home. Friendships die out on that field.
From a Rams standpoint point I don’t care what Lions fans do. They supported him during the Super Bowl and booed him last night. True supporters and fans of Stafford are Rams fans because he’s on the Rams. Lions fans proved that last night. You think 9ers fans did this to Montana? No chance

From a Rams standpoint point I don’t care what Lions fans do. They supported him during the Super Bowl and booed him last night. True supporters and fans of Stafford are Rams fans because he’s on the Rams. Lions fans proved that last night. You think 9ers fans did this to Montana? No chance
49ers didn't play Montana in the playoffs.

To correct you as well..

Two years ago there was a true 50/50 split on Stafford love/hate that season and into the Super Bowl.

49ers didn't play Montana in the playoffs.

To correct you as well..

Two years ago there was a true 50/50 split on Stafford love/hate that season and into the Super Bowl.
Did I mention they played in the playoffs? So no correction needed. 50/50? Did you count each head? It is what it is

Did I mention they played in the playoffs? So no correction needed. 50/50? Did you count each head? It is what it is
Yes.

Around 50/50.

I can tell you from a fall through winter experience that year it was a love or hate thing. I'm around the people, a lot. Trust me when I say I have a very good perspective on it. This was quite the topic that year.

I don't think you understand how polarizing the QB position is in a town like Detroit.

Goalie
QB
Closer in baseball
PG

Easily heavily scrutinized in this town.

If you want to talk about something completely uncalled for check out what the Chicago fans did at a ceremony for the Bulls when the PA announcer started to talk about Jerry Krause. The fans booed and made his widow cry. That was one of the most despicable things ever; booing an opposing player before a playoff game is more than ok.

Yes.

Around 50/50.

I can tell you from a fall through winter experience that year it was a love or hate thing. I'm around the people, a lot. Trust me when I say I have a very good perspective on it. This was quite the topic that year.

I don't think you understand how polarizing the QB position is in a town like Detroit.

Goalie
QB
Closer in baseball
PG

Easily heavily scrutinized in this town.
I was happy for Detroit. I know what it feels like to go from 2005 to the end of Fishers tenure to lose every year. When the Rams won the West in 2017 on Christmas Eve it
was awesome. I know 1st hand what that must have felt like last night.
Will be rooting for the Lions the rest of the NFC playoffs. Goff has always been a class act despite me being critical. GL

When you great they hate! They suppose to pump up the Rams? The take is absurd!
Why are you strawmanning? I‘m not saying pump up the Rams. I‘m saying show your team‘s former long-time quarterback some respect and acknowledgment. They booed him as if he pulled a LeBron betrayal.

Why are you strawmanning? I‘m not saying pump up the Rams. I‘m saying show your team‘s former long-time quarterback some respect and acknowledgment. They booed him as if he pulled a LeBron betrayal.
Are there any classy fanbases in the NFL anymore? I saw guys flipping Stafford the double bird last night. Overall the NFL fanbase has issues. Fights breaking out repeatedly is absurd.

Are there any classy fanbases in the NFL anymore? I saw guys flipping Stafford the double bird last night. Overall the NFL fanbase has issues. Fights breaking out repeatedly is absurd.
This is the part that makes going to games much less fun than it used to be (well and dealing with a full day of crowds in general as we get older).

I don't care about the booing, flipping off, cursing (problem for me, find myself trying to keep it tame with kids around is very distracting from the game), etc. I don't really expect class from fans of any sport during the game, usually good fan bases can comingle with other fan bases well before and after. But the trashy fighting has gotten to the point the same fanbases are throwing down with each other for some drunken bullshit.

Again, a regular season game and you'll see a much different reaction.

Listen, if not for a SM outcry last week you would have seen hundreds of Stafford jerseys last night.

20% of our fans still wear Barry and Spielman jerseys.

Guess what's still in Reno's closet? A #81 Megatron.

They set the tone. Retire and he’ll be honored. I guarantee he knew what time it was. He wont have a bad thing to say AND I betcha hes rooting for them to destroy the Niners shall they meet. Plenty of things to talk/bitch about this aint in the top 10 from this weekend.

Again, a regular season game and you'll see a much different reaction.

Listen, if not for a SM outcry last week you would have seen hundreds of Stafford jerseys last night.

20% of our fans still wear Barry and Spielman jerseys.

Guess what's still in Reno's closet? A #81 Megatron.
The one and only football jersey that I own is a Santana Moss Jets jersey that I bought since I'm a Canes fan. A couple of months later he was traded to Washington for Laverneaus Coles and I've never bought another jersey since.

The one and only football jersey that I own is a Santana Moss Jets jersey that I bought since I'm a Canes fan. A couple of months later he was traded to Washington for Laverneaus Coles and I've never bought another jersey since.
I've had two jerseys as an adult.

That Megatron and a white home Miggy #24.

Not even sure why I have the Mega anymore. It's just there.

I don't care about the booing, flipping off, cursing (problem for me, find myself trying to keep it tame with kids around is very distracting from the game), etc. I don't really expect class from fans of any sport during the game, usually good fan bases can comingle with other fan bases well before and after. But the trashy fighting has gotten to the point the same fanbases are throwing down with each other
Very true. Steelers fans in Buffalo or Green Bay or most other cities usually a very good time. Shit, we had a blast in Vegas this year partying with Vegas and Steelers fans.

• Love
Reactions: KJ
Very true. Steelers fans in Buffalo or Green Bay or most other cities usually a very good time. Shit, we had a blast in Vegas this year partying with Vegas and Steelers fans.
I go back to the NFC 'ship when the Cards beat the Eagles. By all accounts Eagles fans could have made the post game miserable but instead they joined in at a tailgate with a dj/beer pong etc, raging kegger just outside the stadium and they were a blast well into the night. Extended post game hours were in effect for that game, was a blast.

Matt was awesome yesterday.

Incredible, as I expected.

Oh, fwiw, he should have been taken out of the game for the concussion.

NFL can't be picking and choosing when concussions matter.

Gritty Fratty as always though.

Honestly, McVay kinda choked yesterday.
McVay spit the bit last night. In the last 3rd and 15 however I did hear Stafford say he should have taken the underneath route but he was going for the win. Stafford I feel F’d that up and then McVay compounded it by punting. Once we lined up to punt I texted my brothers that we’re never getting the ball back. I do think often times Stafford is overriding McVay just based on McVays comments. I thought it was one of McVays worst play calling in the redzone I’ve seen him have.

Are there any classy fanbases in the NFL anymore? I saw guys flipping Stafford the double bird last night. Overall the NFL fanbase has issues. Fights breaking out repeatedly is absurd
All it takes is 1,000 fans out of 70,000 at a game to make things ugly or at least distasteful. Those 1,000 fans being louder & more obnoxious (violent), gets them noticed & raises their profile whether it be on camera live or social media & news reports post game. I think 90% plus of fans are still just enthusiastic & loyal to their particular team.

All it takes is 1,000 fans out of 70,000 at a game to make things ugly or at least distasteful. Those 1,000 fans being louder & more obnoxious (violent), gets them noticed & raises their profile whether it be on camera live or social media & news reports post game. I think 90% plus of fans are still just enthusiastic & loyal to their particular team.
Very true. I’ve attended many football games including the NFC Championship vs our rival 49ers. Everyone was cool around me. There was a brutal incident that took place at the pregame tailgate and other incidences after the game.
Look as a Rams fan, I saw what the Lions fans did last night. We all did. Would I boo as a fan in that position, no. Stafford did what he had to do and won a Super Bowl. That had to hurt a little more than cause euphoria.

For any Lion fan to be mad at Stafford is insanity. To expect someone to suffer in that city and that franchise for 20 years is cruel. He wanted better than to knock the packers out of the playoffs as career highlights.

But booing is all fun and games.

The win by the Lions won’t mean a thing when they get knocked out. If Goff wants to be on the level of Stafford , he’s gotta win 1. Can’t be Phillip Rivers all his life.

For any Lion fan to be mad at Stafford is insanity. To expect someone to suffer in that city and that franchise for 20 years is cruel. He wanted better than to knock the packers out of the playoffs as career highlights.

But booing is all fun and games.
Agree. Stafford ultimately has what he wanted and that’s the Super Bowl championship. All is good and he’s got more to go with the Rams. Good luck to the Lions

That was a great trade. Coles was a dawg on the jets

Back