This play is the reason baseball is my favorite sport to wager on.

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
G

Gyno

Baseball is my favorite sport to wager, most profitable by far...

The selection is post #2 is a reason why.

Indians +110

Angels fresh off a heartbreaking loss where game was tied and lost without giving up a hit. Now they travel back home over 3,000 miles to face the Indians and Masterson who is in great form. Indians were one of the top teams vs LHP last season.

I love baseball and I love the Indians Monday.

gyno..line has moved up to +119/-129 at the book I use, does that concern you at all? Not disagreeing with your play, just stating this information

let's see where this line goes tomorrow. Line movement is strange, I had 2 plays the other day where the line moved dramatically and I lost both games handily.

If the Indians close over +120 then I'd be concerned a bit.

Ahh good point to consider gyno, whenever I bet on or against Masterson he ends up screwing me royally. I'm pulling for you though

GL, hope you get it.

But FYI Masterson is NOT in great form. He's actually off to one of his worst starts in his entire career. He's voiced his frustration about the season pretty loudly this year saying he doesn't feel right and his four seamer isn't doing what it normally does. His offense hasn't done him any favors either, I get that...but he's definitely struggled in spots where he usually cruises.

Go Tribe. GL

I'm pro-Masty, think he can go pitch for pitch against just about anybody on a given night, but Tribe's not clicking. 5 runs total in San Fran over the weekend, a wet paper bag would be safe with the 2 & 4 hitters hitting inside it. Team's shown some bounce under Francona dating back to last season, so good a spot as any. And the Angels have their own problems. GL gyno.

Masterson 2.83 era last two starts..

It's tough to score at at&t, I'll give then a pass..

Problem is their clean-up hitter is batting .122. Move Los's sorry ass down in the line-up, or bench him completely.

I believe there 3-6 vs Lefties this year and coming off losing 3 straight @ S.Fran The last in Dramatic fashion. The travel for the Angels I do agree with but the price would have to make it worth it. On the positive side Masterson is 2-0 vs the Angels with a 2.23 Era and is 2-0 at Angel stadium with a 0.92 Era but seems to be walking the tight rope by giving up 20 hits and 8 walks in 19 innings but also has 16k's so it seems like he gets outs when really needed. A plus also is Hamilton hits this guy pretty good off a very small sample size but he's not there. I'll pass and wish you good luck

Indians +110

Angels fresh off a heartbreaking loss where game was tied and lost without giving up a hit. Now they travel back home over 3,000 miles to face the Indians and Masterson who is in great form. Indians were one of the top teams vs LHP last season.

I love baseball and I love the Indians Monday.

Love your stuff, Gyno. However, Indians aren't the same team as last year. They're struggling against lefties so far in 2014. I think the Angels come out pissed on home turf and take it. BOL to you!

The sample size is small vs lhp.. I think they are just fine vs lhp..

I think it will progress nicely..

Masterson 2.83 era last two starts..

It's tough to score at at&t, I'll give then a pass..

Wind was blowing out to center at 20+ mph in every game.....the series vs SF tells me Indians not putting the bat on the ball, no excuse not to score runs imo this past wknd.

It's not the park, Tribe's had very few big innings at all yet this year, home, away, vs. righties, vs. lefties ... Their anemic bats coaxed the game of his life out of Vogelsong yesterday. The only guy in the line-up I want up with RISP right now is Brantley. I do agree with gyno that they'll hit, eventually. Think they were 5th in runs LY with minimal pop in the line-up and garbage years out of Bourn and Swisher. Didn't really subtract any hitters other than Stubbs, who really didn't play much anyway. But predicting the exact night they'll hit these days, that's a toughie. I like the Tribe side a little better than the favorite tonight as I think the game's a toss-up, so why not? But I don't love it.

The sample size is small vs lhp.. I think they are just fine vs lhp..

I think it will progress nicely..

To have a proper sample size is so tough in sports today with all the moving around that's done. I also look at match-ups against Lefties for all teams and of course the sample size is always small and then who was the lefty are we talking Kershaw or Lee or are we talking someone of much lesser quality. It sometimes feels like a catch 22 but it's all we have that's what makes forums like this good to see other opinions. Were all in the same boat trying to grind a profit so with that said I do wish you the best of luck.

It's not the park, Tribe's had very few big innings at all yet this year, home, away, vs. righties, vs. lefties ... Their anemic bats coaxed the game of his life out of Vogelsong yesterday. The only guy in the line-up I want up with RISP right now is Brantley. I do agree with gyno that they'll hit, eventually. Think they were 5th in runs LY with minimal pop in the line-up and garbage years out of Bourn and Swisher. Didn't really subtract any hitters other than Stubbs, who really didn't play much anyway. But predicting the exact night they'll hit these days, that's a toughie. I like the Tribe side a little better than the favorite tonight as I think the game's a toss-up, so why not? But I don't love it.

Unreal.

masturbator doesn't have to leave the game with the lead--he just has to keep it close, and the angels from hell bullpen will probably do the rest. even though the invalids offense rivals a triple-A team, the bullpen they'll be facing rivals a single-A team.

I added Skaggs as a stream on my Fantasy teams as I think he can have his way with CLE (Tribes first time ever seeing Skaggs). Not playing a total or side here though. GL!!

ErI think you guys like Skaggs more than I..

I think we're all forgetting the mental aspect of this game..

Angels first game back from a road trip, a spot I always think is bad.. They lost a heartbreaker on..

national TV.. Now they travel cross country.. This is a flat spot if there ever was one..

e.. Losing a game like in baseball is different cause you have to bounce back the next day..

Add a 3k mile flight, back home getting affairs in order to the mix as well..

Win or lose I love the spot..

Tribe probably wins by 11 runs because most everyone in here's like, "Eh, I don't know about this one."

under might be the better bet... from what i have seen in spots the angels are in, they will most likely tend to not work counts and extend at bats... the indians suck offensively

under might be the better bet... from what i have seen in spots the angels are in, they will most likely tend to not work counts and extend at bats... the indians suck offensively

Perhaps, although Overs are 8-1 in Angels home games this year.

I lean under but angels bp woes and Skaggs doesn't make me feel that safe...

Could be 3-2 after 7 and then someone explodes..

Masty's fine. He may soon regret not doing a deal this spring though. Some hard luck involved, but guy hasn't won a game since August.

Sorry. Bad play..

I just read this post for the first time today.
No not a bad play. You made the right call based on last years success against lefties.
The Indians are really strugling against lefties this season so far and I think they are losing about 65% of those games.
One thing to watch for is when they are playing teams with winning records. last season they made a run late against losing teams and are starting to look like one themselves at this point.

Kluber is the best they have right now, so he's worth the play Tuesday.

GL all season.

Angels did a lot better than I thought.. Good call those who questioned the play...

Back