Thinking the Astros are a lock today

tuck321

Not all those who wander are lost
That is definitely not saying the Astros are a lock to win the Series,
If Cole loses today the Astros might easily lose the next 2 and the series ends in 5 games,. Not good for the League. No drama Boring.
Cole just happens to get a ump who he is 4-0 with with a 1.88 ERA and a ump who has given the Astros 9 wins in a row.. Just a coincidence? I doubt it very much. The league may want Yanks vs Washington for the next series. Not sure but I could see it and it would be very exciting. But I think this Ump is a direct gift to make sure it goes at least 6 and probably 7. It just makes sense in so many ways.. Plus after that Greenbay Detroit game its hard not to think about fixes.

That is definitely not saying the Astros are a lock to win the Series,
If Cole loses today the Astros might easily lose the next 2 and the series ends in 5 games,. Not good for the League. No drama Boring.
Cole just happens to get a ump who he is 4-0 with with a 1.88 ERA and a ump who has given the Astros 9 wins in a row.. Just a coincidence? I doubt it very much. The league may want Yanks vs Washington for the next series. Not sure but I could see it and it would be very exciting. But I think this Ump is a direct gift to make sure it goes at least 6 and probably 7. It just makes sense in so many ways.. Plus after that Greenbay Detroit game its hard not to think about fixes.
Great post. Hope you are correct.

Severino with a rested pen at home makes this line off by 40-50 cents. Even if you look at Fangraphs today’s odds are Astros 51/Yanks 49.

You could bet the Astros and win, but laying -155 on a true -115ish line is bad business.

Severino with a rested pen at home makes this line off by 40-50 cents. Even if you look at Fangraphs today’s odds are Astros 51/Yanks 49.

You could bet the Astros and win, but laying -155 on a true -115ish line is bad business.
Is the pen fully rested? I get there was an off day... Just for discussion...

Is the pen fully rested? I get there was an off day... Just for discussion...

Yeah, nobody had to overwork during the ALDS and nobody had much b2b strain during the first 2 games in Houston. The pen is full steam ahead in every way today.

Yes. Its not as deep now because Pressly simply can not be used and 2 others are very marginal. No question Yanks pen much better but still 4 fairly solid available

Last edited:
Yanks TT over? I’m thinking it will be tough to for Cole to go 7+ Innings 3 times in a row. So eventually this yanks lineup will get a chance to score some runs in that pen. But that purposely assigned Ump makes me think AStros get the win so feel safe with TT...

Here a prop worth checking Cole under strikeouts. Last time he pitched the OU 9.5 strikeouts he just hit it a 10...

Last edited:
This iis a day game which is great for Cole. Just seems very hard to put real limits on Cole, He is looking at a huge pay increase next year hopefully at Houston and everything seems to be easy for him

I guess i would lean a little to that team total over, 2 teams that really like day games but Cole really loves pitching in the day so ??

Have you watched Sevy? He's been playing with fire. Astros' bats are cold but Sevy can walk enough to spark it. This line isn't off IMO. You have a legit Cy Young/Ace going up against someone who has been thought of with that type of ceiling who has NEVER come close to performing that way in the post season. Throw in he's still not back to form from injury, etc.

Sevy pitched 12 innings this year.

He has a 1.56 WHIP and a 5.33 ERA in the post season.

Cole has a .76 post season WHIP.

You could argue the line is short.

Have you watched Sevy? He's been playing with fire. Astros' bats are cold but Sevy can walk enough to spark it. This line isn't off IMO. You have a legit Cy Young/Ace going up against someone who has been thought of with that type of ceiling who has NEVER come close to performing that way in the post season. Throw in he's still not back to form from injury, etc.

Sevy pitched 12 innings this year.

He has a 1.56 WHIP and a 5.33 ERA in the post season.

Cole has a .76 post season WHIP.

You could argue the line is short.

Seems like we just don’t agree on this line, is what it is.

Just check the prop O(-130)/U(+110) 9.5 strikeouts for Cole. Seems short for Cole being such a strikeout beast..
Update:
just FYI the under is now being juiced -130 and over 1.5 earned run -140.. are the books tipping their hand on Cole?

Last edited:

agree...this line is fucking stupid

Back