theking NBA season

theking

Pretty much a regular
Finally it is here! The long awaited NBA 2013/14 season.

Two plays locked in...both are Wednesday games:

Pelicans +3 (-125) $37.50 to win $30

Thunder -4.5 (-126) $37.80 to win $30
New Orleans should start this season off with a W against Indiana and I think being able to grab 3 makes this one worth while.

I like the way OKC matches up against the Jazz inside... Durant > Hayward in every aspect of the game and Hayward is Utahs best wing. I was hoping for OKC -6.5 so I'll lay -4.5.

Rod! :cheers:

How has the NBL season been this year? Sadly I have not been able to watch a game yet

1-2 (-$45.40)

can't believe I started 0-2 in this damned league...both picks were shattered down the stretch in the 4th Q...

-Thunder don't have anything more than Durant...Perkins shouldnt even be in the NBA in my opinion, yet he starts. Thunder looked downright BAD in the 4th Q. Had a lucky 3 go down late and Durant got to the FT line thanks to the zebras.

-Paul George was just too much for the Pelicans....he carried the Pacers until George Hill hit a deep 3 late in the shot clock on a somewhat broken possession.
Looking @ Friday:

I'm happy to say its November! College hoops starts up 7 days from now.

I don't think the Thunder have enough scoring other than Durant to get them a road W on Friday. Lamb, Adams and Jones are new out there for OKC. Adams minutes might go down with Thabeet returning, but Adams is actually better than Perkings so its actually good if hes off the court. T-Wolves have more options and a coach that will figure this game out as it goes. I hate looking at last year stats...but Minnesota won both home games vs. OKC last year. I have to side with the home team here. I was actually hoping Timberwolves would be getting 2 points but I understand why they are laying 2. With that said, i'll buy it to 1.5 and hope for the best.

Timberwolves -1.5 (-115) $34.50 to win $30

2-2 (-$15.40)

Still pissed I went 0-2 to start this year off....but as I look at how teams are distributing minutes I feel I have a good read on these games. Leans today were Hawks & Magic so maybe I should have bet all 3...less is more in the NBA.

best of luck with tomorrows picks folks

saturday...what a day, had The Pugue in Breeders cup at 3-1, poor girl ran great until the final turn..jockey turned her up too early and she had nothing left at the end and go run down by The Magician. Horses gives way more of that 'gamblers rush' than any silly sports bet...

speaking of sports bets;

Cleveland +8
(+2 2nd half bet) (-105) $15.75 to win $15

Toronto 1Q ML (-107) $26.75 to win $25

good luck

added live:

Milwaukee ML (+166) $55 to win $91.30

hope Raptors can get the 1Q ML win so I can watch this game hoping the Bucks win... Raptors energy looks low, I got Bucks with a bench advantage and they will win this one tonight.

3-4 (-$60.40)

Last edited:
3-4 (-$60.40)

(nov 3rd)
Hawks/Lakers 1st half over 101.5 (-104) $26 to win $25

also had an unposted wager in the okc/suns game...suns 1st q +4 (-110) $16.50 to win $15 and suns 1st q ML (+297) $10 to win $29.70 so +$44.70 there. Should have hit em 1st half as well but thought if they could grab a lead into the break it would be the 1st q.

pace is nice in this game...Lakers are much better to watch this year without Howard.

added live:

Hawks ML (+452) $15 to win $67.80

had another unposted.... (nov 4th) Grizzlies 2H -9.5 (-107) $37.45 to win $35

Last edited:
updated record: 6-5 (+$44.30)

Rockets/Clippers 2H OVER 107.5 (+115) $35 to win $40.25

66 + 78 = 144 + 107.5 = 251.5

so need 252 points in this houston/la game

got there!

7-5 (+$84.55)

(nov 5)

Pelicans -8.5 (-108) $43.20 to win $40

Love the match up here for the Pelicans....Suns don't have much interior presence and the Unibrow should dominate inside on both ends of the floor. Guard play should be a large advantage for the Pelicans; and the Dragic injury really makes the Sun's bench thin (either Morris twins or 1 twin + Green), especially when it comes to the back court...If Ish Smith, Slava Kratsov and Dionte Christmas are the reason that the Suns cover I'll take the loss like a man..

Raptors +11 / Pelicans -4 / Mavericks -3.5 (3 team, 5.5pt teaser) $20 to win $30

Last edited:
7-7 (+$21.35)

Pelicans came up lame yesterday...was a little choked because I almost bet the Bobcats ML for $15 but closed the confirm screen for reasons I don't know...

Anyways, on to today...

I had this game circled last week -- I wish Dallas wouldn't have spanked the Laker's yesterday, but I think today they can compete with OKC.

Mavericks +7 (-101) $40.40 to win $40

Should have known better....what an extremely poor choice of wagering on this game. Mavericks didn't give 2 fucks about this game.

7-8 (-$19.05)

Last edited:
Back