The_HAMMERs: NFL Round 2 $$$ Playoffs Plays

The_HAMMER

Pretty much a regular
Hello Gentlemen,
I believe this is actually my first post on this site; however, like many of you I too am a long time gambler. I'd just like to add that I surf a lot of forums mostly observing with the occasional post here and there and I have to say thats hands down this site has to be by far the classiest one around. No games or BS, just picks and thats the way it should be. I have a great deal of respect for just about all of you. I wish everyone here Good Luck; on the the plays...............

Game 1: Indianapolis @ Baltimore

I'll start by staying that I was actually at last year's WEEK 1 Sunday night game in Baltimore @ M&T Bank Stadium vs. Indy that had the Colts win 24-7 in convincing fashion. Mind the fact that Baltimore had a quarterback combo of Kyle Boller and Anthony Wright that was just putrid. No need to elaborate there.

Once again this year, I feel that the Colts outclass the Ravens on the Offensive side of the ball and I'd be interested in hearing anyone argue otherwise. Now; Defensively it can certainly be argued the other way around. Although it was at home, the Colts handily held Larry Johnson in check last week and I see the same being done today with Jamal. No one can deny the exceptionally talented Ravens Defense. But the real truth of the matter here is that if anyone knows how to beat them, it is certainly Peyton Manning. I've watched it happen closely for the last few years. IMO there is a little too much hype being placed on the Ravens defense only because in respect the Colts can match up well against them as they do with anyone in the league. It's possbile that many are looking at this game the wrong way. I beleive that the key matchup in this game will be Steve McNair VS. the Colts Defense. The Colts will stack the box again as it worked well last week and force McNair the beat them. Will he be successful? Only time will tell. I do see the Ravens getting some breaks; but but in the end I think Indy will just outscore them. Bob Sanders' return is a crucial factor and I beleive he will be the difference maker for the Colts defense. For the last few years everyone and their mother has expected the Colts to win and go to the bowl and each year Peyton has disappointed by losing the big game. This year I feel it's a bit different; for a change many are against them and the it's probably because they've lost faith and I really don't blame anyone for that. The Colts haven't been a dog to the Ravens since '02 where the won straight up and have actually one the last two SU & ATS. It's certainly possible they lose, but if you ask me Peyton and the COLTS getting points sounds like gravy to me. My Play is INDY + 3.5.

Prediction
INDIANAPOLIS 27 BALTIMORE 23

Game 2: Philadelphia Vs New Orleans

I agree 100% with MistaFlava's write-up and really don't want to regergitate his words or anyone else's but again just as above I'll say that there's a bit too much hype on the Saints. I know they've come a heck of a long way and are certainly this years Cinderalla team; but Philly is also an exceptionally talented team that has show tremendous ability to overcome adversity. IMO they should be able to at least keep it close. My Play is Phily + 5.

Prediction
NEW ORLEANS 27 PHILADELPHIA 26

Take care guys; and all the best!

Weather

Current Conditions — Baltimore
06.gif

M/CLOUDY 63°F
Wind: SW 10

..........thanks antmagic219.

Its raining in baltimore..Manning wont be able to play defense. I like Baltimore to roll here but good luck

Back