The Worst HP Umpire Is...

wiseplayer

Pretty much a regular
Iassogna. Hes doing the Astros game tonight. This guy calls anything within 6 inches of the plate a strike. Atrocious would be an understatement.

you should have watched cubs white sox today with barksdale. atrociously bad. threw out bryant who never says a word to anyone. strikes were balls, balls were strikes. he might as well have flipped coins.

Yep I much prefer the consistent ones, regardless of zone. If you've followed the ump thread here for the last ton of years Iassogna has always had a consistently large zone, any pitcher that can't succeed with him won't likely succeed in the majors.

That thread exists for a reason.

I'll just say I'd never feel comfortable with an over wager with him, it would take some extra work from both offenses

Ya it's bucknor

Still remember the Nats guys calling him out earlier this year in that game vs the braves

C.B. Buckner, Angel Hernandez and Laz Diaz are complete embarrassments to MLB.

There is no way these guys should be umpiring.

MLB has to do something about this ineptness.

I think his name is Todd Tichenor. The guy who called a fly ball a home run in the first inning of a game between Tampa Bay and White Sox. Mind-boggling to say the least.

C.B. Buckner, Angel Hernandez and Laz Diaz are complete embarrassments to MLB.

These are easily the three that come to mind for me as far as umpiring in general, they consistently screw up routine calls regardless of where they are on the field, of course cowboy joe is in there too...the game is somehow about them.

As for home plate umpires (I assume this thread is about balls and strikes) just want someone consistent, regardless of the k zone. Inconsistency as cub mentioned about strike zone is more frustrating than anything to me, regardless of their zone.

Add Doug Eddings to the list. It's bad enough to miss whether is was too high or low but when it's off the plate and too high, that's brutal. Anything near the plate is a strike.

And it never should...

You don't think? Man when I'm watching games and they have that little box up showing how dumb the ump is I ask all the time why not just have a kid behind the plate w a iPad and just looking at that box? seems we would get a much better more consistent zone like that.

You don't think? Man when I'm watching games and they have that little box up showing how dumb the ump is I ask all the time why not just have a kid behind the plate w a iPad and just looking at that box? seems we would get a much better more consistent zone like that.

Umps and weather are my favorite capping angles. I'm nothing if not self-interested...

Back