The White Sox right now

Joe Public

Gabibbo's Finest
VK mentioned something to me about Sale the other day and A) I realized my response was longer than necessary and B) it may be smarter to not only put this in a thread but wait until the Detroit series was over.

That all said, this team is a shitshow right now if you haven't noticed.

The weekend series with Detroit was 'somewhat' excusable because Melky was out of the lineup for the whole series with a family issue and Austin Jackson was out in CF with turf toe. Right there they were going to have huge problems. Because they have no real replacement for Jackson. Eaton is playing too well in right to move him back to CF unless you have to. And if you do have to, you still have a dropoff and then you have no good option in RF because Avi Garcia wasn't good there last year and he won't be good there in spot duty this year.

More importantly, their confidence is a fucking disaster right now. It helps that Melky's back, it's probably what helped them get to 5 tonight rather than their standard 2. Nobody is hitting consistently except maybe Melky. Frazier is the Chris Carter of the White Sox, he only hits home runs. Abreu is still scuffling. Ventura, who used to never have anybody bunt, has them bunting all the damn time now.

It's a fucking mess.

My long-winded point being, until further notice, you have to look to go against them or at least look at the team totals for their opponent.

As loyal as the organization is, this is a low point and they know they have the talent, I'm not sure how much longer they can go without firing Ventura.

So, my advice, is tread carefully if you want to back them.

Just my two cents.

Today is Wednesday and they are playing the Nationals

And they're getting shit-housed.

I missed the beginning of the game, wasn't today supposed to be Shields' debut? Holy fuck, how does Robin Ventura have a job come Monday?

Back