The two biggest bets of my life in the Niffel are...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Should you guys even need to ask? Come on.

One team is the defending Super Bowl Champion. They have not lost a game in about 11 months. They run the ball well, despite who is back there. They have the best quarterback in football. Their defense, with a great healthy safety, is very underrated and has stopped decent offenses all season. They are playing on their indoor fast track. They should have a decent crowd that will be loud from the get-go. They have beaten the other team in each of the last three meetings...

Give me INDIANAPOLIS +4.5

I took it big already.

You guys will love the fact that I know a couple of shops here that are full of Massachusetts bookmakers - they are so scared shitless of getting drowned to NE (or they think like all the suckers, that NE is a lock); that I was able to take 7.5 points and +300 on the ML for big, big bets each...

And another guy offered me +9 -120 ... I told him that half-point ain't worth it, so he gave me 9 -110 - which I took.

All in all, my biggest Niffel bet ever.

My second-biggest revoloves around several great variables.

Philly is three games behind Dallas. Tony Romo could not do better with a ski-mask and a gun than what he did to Jerry Jones... Romo is about the 15th-best QB in the league. Now he signs the big contract and I forsee Letdown City...

The Eagles have won five of the last six NFC East crowns, but have dropped their first two division games this season.

Divisional play has been a problem for Dallas, which is just 8-11 against the NFC East since the start of the 2004 season. The Cowboys haven't won the East since 1998. Philadelphia has won nine of the last 12 meetings with Dallas, including both last season. The Eagles limited NFL leading rusher Adrian Peterson to just 70 yards on 20 carries in last week's win. And Brian Dawkins is supposed to play for the first time in about six weeks.

And who is favored, again?

The Cowboys? By 3.5 points? IN PHILLY?

Um... where do I sign up?

The play: PHILLY plus 3.5 and ML for big bets each

I am going to set up some RR's with PHI and IND with a variety of teams...

I also like Tampa, Carolina, Detroit OVER, Buffalo and Houston...

GL all....

:cheers:

The play: PHILLY plus 3.5 and ML for big bets each

Bless you, Rex. Bless you.

Oh, and here's one more reason to hope this hits.

If the Eagles can win this game tomorrow, that will be three straight and it will set up an absolute *ss kicking in Dallas later this year so you can cash twice.

Good luck.

nice Rex

I have Philly as well and a friendly bet getting nice odds on Colts SU with a buddy

gl Sunday

Romo is about the 15th-best QB in the league.

Rex, I've learned to respect the shit out of you since I started lurking here, and I wish you nothing but luck with your plays; however, that statement is bullshit.

You've got Manning, Brady, and maybe Farve (yes, F-A-R-V-E--if you're going to pronounce it that way, spell it that way) and then everyone else:

Edwards
Lemon
Pennington
Rothlisberger
Anderson
Palmer
McNair/Boller
Cutler
Huard/Croyle
Culpepper/Russell
Rivers
Schaub/Rosenfels
Garrard/Gray
Young
Jackson
Kitna
Griese/Grossman
Hasselbeck
Smith
Bulger
Leinart/Warner
Garcia
Brees
Delhomme
Harrington/Leftwich
McNabb
Campbell
E. Manning

There are 12 better QB's on that list?

I am a Cowboy fan, but I am by no means a Romo fan. I've not drank the Kool-Aid. Personally, I think he needs to spend more time in the film room and less time playing grab-ass with country music singers and the like, o.k.? And I agree with the bet. But there are not 12 better QBs on that list than Tony Romo. No way. No how.

Good luck with your POL's (Plays Of a Lifetime). I wish you luck since I'm only putting a small bet on the Philly ML (that way I won't feel as bad when/if the Cowboys lose the game), and a medium on New England -5.

maybe not necessarily having great seasons this year but i can name a few better than Romo
McNabb, Hasselbeck, Palmer, Brees, Bulger, Rothlesberger, Anderson (his play this season puts him here) and maybe E manning coming into his own. The rest is a toss up
You can make an argument for these guys....
Garcia, Garrard, Delhomme

Romo gets a lot of love just because he is on Americas Team. Im not saying he sucks, but right now I can argue the guys above. Dall has had a ver soft schedule other than NE. NYG werent the team they are now when Dall played them in Week 1 and I think Dall is gonna get an ass woopin Nov 11 @NYG. Mia, chi, StL Buff and Minn arent exactly the cream of the league.

With you on Indy and Philly Rex. Good luck

Rex: Only disagreement I have is Manning being better than Brady, Brady in my eyes is and may be the best ever. :cheers:

I would say Romo is in the top ten. I would say Brady, Manning, Palmer, McNabb, Brees, Hasslebeck, Rothelisberger and Bulger are before him in the current form. Romo is 12-5 as a starting QB and these other have a lot more games to showcase themselves. Romo in say, 3 years may prove to be in the top 5 but I don't drink the Kool-Aid as well.
Love the picks for the day Rex.

Sir Rex,
u just made my day !!! i was hoping you would provide some niffel posts late yesterday. went to sleep, woke up and saw this post...WOW !!!!
i have been smiling all week long about indy getting points and at home..what could be better. indy's d is very much under the radar, they can keep the ne def on the field which in my opion is the reason ne eng is doing so well. thier d does not have to stay on the field very long and never gets tired. isnt this what happened in the afc champ game last year.. the ne def got tired in the 2nd half and was not able to stop indy...
anyway thanks for your confirmation :)

thanks for your effort !!!!!!

Are Reid's family problems not a factor? I can't decide on a Dallas/Philly play, but good luck to you, friend.

On a side note, the public is right about the Patriots this season, they will win by DD today in Indy
:pillow:

dude i couldnt agree more.. these are my 2 favorite games of the weekend, indy is my biggest play of the year so far... im pounding a teaser with these 2

Thanks for the comments folks. I'd rather discuss the QB issue in another thread on a different day, so let it go.

Keep it to the games in this one please; I'd like to hear someone validly argue how New England can win by a TD or more. I've yet to hear a reason to keep me off hammering this thing again.

BC: Reid's family factors make me like Philly even more.

It's like all of these perfect elements are there to form the perfect storm. Philly's effort tonight should be their best of the year.

Rex: I completely agree with your Philly play. That Indy/NE game scares me, Coach B seems to be on a mission to wax all in his way for being called a "cheater", Indy will be a tough one for sure but to this point NE has shown the ability to destroy all in their way & it is a pay back game for NE melt down last year at home.

not going crazy on these two games, but do have medium sized bets on them. laying points at indy is never a good idea when the other qb's name is peyton manning, and like you said earlier, reids' family issues make me like philly more tonight too. good luck today

Thanks for the comments folks. I'd rather discuss the QB issue in another thread on a different day, so let it go.

Keep it to the games in this one please; I'd like to hear someone validly argue how New England can win by a TD or more. I've yet to hear a reason to keep me off hammering this thing again.

BC: Reid's family factors make me like Philly even more.

It's like all of these perfect elements are there to form the perfect storm. Philly's effort tonight should be their best of the year.

I agree Rex about the home lofe of Reid's. We all know his players love playing for him and they will rally around him. Also, I cannot see Philly staying winless in the East.

Well NE has blown every team out; I would think that's valid right there.

I'm on colts too rex..let's cash.

with ya on the colts +pts.

simply angles in capping this game:
home dog -
colts rarely lose at home,
NE public play, colts got the pats off their back 3 yrs ago,
MANNING A BETTER QB THAN BRADY...now and even in the hof
since manning became a colt how often they get pts at home?
a heart of a champion,
AdamV will kick the last FG to defeat his former team!

Pats will then take it out on the Bills 2 weeks from now.:36_11_6:

I like the Pats a lot today Rex, simply put this is the best team I have ever seen in the NFL including the '85 bears. Indy is the second best team in the NFL but the drop is dramatic. The largest difference between the teams is actually in special teams, Indy is average at best and NE has been exceptional all year. Field position will constantly be on NE's side today. Indy isn't (especially with Harrison hurting) at the same level they have been in the past on Offense. NE D is healthy , and considering a healthy NE D has always found a way to slow Indy I don't see Indy scoring more than 24-27 points. Indy's D is much better than even last years playoff version with their new corners and a healthy Sanders. That said this years NE offense is light years ahead of last years team and as good if not better than the 04 Colts or 99 Rams. Is Indy's D really going to be able to stop a NE team that has steamrolled everyone in their path, including a very good Washington Defense last week? The Pats are my biggest play of the year, and I will enjoy the carnage 52-27 NE.

If New England scores 52 points today I'll drop my pants in front of the largest man in Costa Rica.

That said, I am far more worried about Ugoh's injury than Harrison's.

Ugoh has played great at LT all season and if he is a no-go, the backup has limited mobility and could really struggle against the Pats' complex defensive schemes.

Ugoh has played exceptional in play of Glenn, but I think even if he plays he has a tough time with pre snap recognition of the Pats D. That being said you are right to worry if he can't go. Let me know how flashing a fat man goes after the blowout.:36_11_6:

I realize that NE is one of the top two teams if not the best team in the NFL but how in the hell can anybody not take IND + points or even the ML? They are the SB champs who have been flying under the radar with all the NE hype and everybody blowing NE. Does anybody not think that IND will be seriously amped up for this game since they are IMO being disrespected by all the NE talk? I see the IND defense coming up big today. IND by 3.

NE could very well be one of the best teams in the last 20yrs & Coach B has been making new statements each week with his teams play on the field.

Good call Rex, didn't see that coming at all. Still trying to figure out some of those ridiculous PI calls or non calls, but the Indy D played much better than I thought they would. I will now go flash the fattest man in Boston.:36_11_6:

Back