The Super Bowl isn't sold out and . . .

Joe Public

Gabibbo's Finest
-----

StubHub, the nationwide ticket broker, had more than 3,000 seats at Tampa's Raymond James Stadium for sale as of yesterday.

And they were getting cheaper every day.

"In terms of pricing, this game has become the Limbo Bowl - how low can it go?" StubHub spokesman Sean Pate told the Associated Press. "When it comes to plunking down $7,000 for a weekend, people are becoming more pragmatic. They have other needs."

-----

In other news:

The Cancer Project has released a report of the "unhealthiest Super Bowl party foods." No. 1 on the list is Domino's Deep Dish MeatZZa Feast. Also in the top five are Papa John's Meats Pan Crust Pizza and KFC's new Honey BBQ Wings.

-- Seriously, something called a "Deep Dish MeatZZa Feast" is bad for you? Really?!?

The game is sold out. Stubhub always has tickets available, the issue is people aren't lining up to spend 2,3,4 times or more than the $800 face value of tix. NFL didn't pick the best time economy/matchup wise to have the most expensive tix ever for a Super Bowl.

Tix are still going for about $1,500+, so depending on your point of view, its either a great buy, or a little ridiculious in these times to spend for a game.

Its not like you can call the NFL and say, "I'd like 2 tix for Sunday's game, please."

-----

In other news:

The Cancer Project has released a report of the "unhealthiest Super Bowl party foods." No. 1 on the list is Domino's Deep Dish MeatZZa Feast. Also in the top five are Papa John's Meats Pan Crust Pizza and KFC's new Honey BBQ Wings.

-- Seriously, something called a "Deep Dish MeatZZa Feast" is bad for you? Really?!?

Sweet! Thanks Joe...now I know what I'm ordering for the Superbowl!

:cheers:

Ato is right. A ton of people buy the tickets to scalp and double or triple their money. Got mine yesterday for $800 each lower level endzone. I hate both teams so who cares who wins. Going because I may not go to a Super Bowl ever again plus it's in my backyard practically. Looking at some props though.

Ato is right. A ton of people buy the tickets to scalp and double or triple their money. Got mine yesterday for $800 each lower level endzone. I hate both teams so who cares who wins. Going because I may not go to a Super Bowl ever again plus it's in my backyard practically. Looking at some props though.

where did you get them for that?

Not surprising at all, I can't remember a Super Bowl with less hype than this one. Just not an interesting match up to most, I don't think.

i'm opposite of that JGALT. i see a great matchup. cinderella with a previously thought of washed up QB vs the best defense in recent years with a huge fan base going for the most SB wins ever.

i would love to get my hands on a lower bowl ticket for $800, tampa is only about an hour away and pitt is my team, just haven't had any luck finding anything this week, everything I have seen has been going for $1500 - $2000.

Funny, I'm with Tide. I think from a football perspective the matchup is very interesting. For the average fan, though, nobody could really give a s**t.

I have a number of friends in advertising and when Philly lost they turned white as sheets. They knew immediately they'd just lost 30 to 50 million viewers because nobody gives two s**ts about Arizona no matter how much you hype 'em.

i would love to get my hands on a lower bowl ticket for $800, tampa is only about an hour away and pitt is my team, just haven't had any luck finding anything this week, everything I have seen has been going for $1500 - $2000.

Got some friends at the Bucs and they hooked me up. They were completely tapped out as of 3pm today. Sitting in Section 150 Row K. What's funny is that I bought two upper level seats for $800 earlier in the week but when I got an opportunity to buy the lowers at the same price I took it. Sold my other two to a friend at face value. I live practically across the street from the stadium and it is a mad house. Yeah the price is crazy now.

Got some friends at the Bucs and they hooked me up. They were completely tapped out as of 3pm today. Sitting in Section 150 Row K. What's funny is that I bought two upper level seats for $800 earlier in the week but when I got an opportunity to buy the lowers at the same price I took it. Sold my other two to a friend at face value. I live practically across the street from the stadium and it is a mad house. Yeah the price is crazy now.

man, enjoy the game, that is awesome. Phillies are my favorite baseball team and got lucky enough to be picked to buy world series tickets from their drawing, but was out of town hunting when the 1st two games were played there so i didn't buy them, was hoping it went back to tampa, but we all know how that turned out. never sent in this year for the nfl drawing like I have years past. never thought pitt would be there this year, figured NE was a shoe in. Have a blast :cheers:

Where at you at? I'm an hour away too. Ybor City is the place to be tonight. I wish I wasn't stuck at the firehouse tonight. All the celebrities are out there in bunches tonight getting drunk. They have all day Saturday to sleep it off. :smiley_acbe:

Where at you at? I'm an hour away too. Ybor City is the place to be tonight. I wish I wasn't stuck at the firehouse tonight. All the celebrities are out there in bunches tonight getting drunk. They have all day Saturday to sleep it off. :smiley_acbe:
orlando area, don't think the wife and kids would go for me going out tonight with Disney on tap tomm. morning. :hang:

In other news:

They obviously have never heard of the Bacon Explosion

Back