The Spurs are winning the NBA Championship

• Thread starter Thread starter Billivy
  • Start date Start date
GO SPURS GO

We will all continue to see dominating play from the SAS.
No doubt, they won't win 'em all......but you can chunk all that
"....well they're 0-2 vs LJ...." type of stuff out of the window.
This IS a CHAMPIONSHIP caliber team from starting big guy to the deepest bench player....they are the deepest team in the association, hands down.

Go SPURS Go

nobody can man up on LJ on your squad, however.

you also gotta get by houston, suns, dallas, utah, and lak. i just have pistons to worry about and one shouldered wade. chicago is going nowhere and toronto will fold under pressure.

I look for a late run out of the Grizzlies to storm to the title.

nobody can man up on LJ on your squad, however.

you also gotta get by houston, suns, dallas, utah, and lak. i just have pistons to worry about and one shouldered wade. chicago is going nowhere and toronto will fold under pressure.

Apologies BrewersFan.......Looks like I gave you the impression that I cared about the Cavs progress compared to the Spurs progress. My Bad.
I really don't compare the 2 teams. Ever. No need to.
Just so we're straight here, I've been a Spurs fan a very long time.
I'm pretty sure that it's been longer than you've been following LJ.
It goes way back into the 70's (not even sure if you're that old).
Here's my point......I've been let down and had high hopes shattered by many, many good Spurs teams, FAR more than any good LJ teams that have existed. I will never compare the Spurs to the cavs or any other east team until perhaps they are pecker to pecker with another team and both are locked into the playoff race or perhaps destined to meet in the playoffs.
The Cavs do not meet this criteria.
But now that you've mentioned how easily the Cavs should make it.....
I certainly hope (on your behalf) they do make it.
Like I said, I know what it's like to be letdown.....especially when all they have to do is get by the Pisstons.
Either way friend......it's all in good fun.....and the NBA Playoffs are coming at us faster and faster.

Good Luck!!!!

Wow man, so you've seen the Ice Man play live... I'm not that old, let's say I'm on the "bandwagon" since the Elliot, Little General, Del *****, Admiral, etc... days...and staying on baby... woooohoooooo SPURS :smiley_acbe: :wacka wacka:
getting TD was one of the best moves in NBA history.

i grew up watching the chicago bulls dynasty in the early 90s and am still a fan of them, however, how can one who grew up with michael in his living room every night not appreciate what LJ can do with what he has. yes the cavs dont have a pg like paxson, keer, armstrong or the wing man to accompany james but what the cavs do have the use extremely well.

their frontline is as solid as you find in the entire nba. and LJ can not be guarded one on one by anyone. gibson is gonna have to mature fast for cleveland and snow is gonna have to be right there when needed. Hughes can be the robin to LJ, as hes shown, but hes gotta be more consistent.

the cavs gave detroit a run for their money last year when given zero to little chance by anyone. LJ in the playoffs is another animal. he is gonna slash and slash and get your people in foul trouble. his free throw shooting is a concern but hes a pro and im sure hes workign on it after and before every practice.

i think that the road to represent the west is gonna be much more rough than for any east team to represent the east. the physicallity of the west showed on dallas last year in the final IMO.

good luck on your future wager, too.

Wow man, so you've seen the Ice Man play live... I'm not that old, let's say I'm on the "bandwagon" since the Elliot, Little General, Del *****, Admiral, etc... days...and staying on baby... woooohoooooo SPURS :smiley_acbe: :wacka wacka:
getting TD was one of the best moves in NBA history.

Yep the IceMan days were really cool. I was a youngster but got to go see them play and I never ever said no. This was back when i could afford my own ticket with money from my paper route as well as my job at Playland Park (old amusement park on Broadway), but I usualy got to go with the older folks who had the better seats in the Hemisfair Arena.
Ah.....those were really cool days.

I think Chicago goes out and wins the East, a bit of a long shot I know, but I think these guys have what it takes.

I think Chicago goes out and wins the East, a bit of a long shot I know, but I think these guys have what it takes.

i think clevelands big people are gonna be too much for chicago's small frontline, ive seen many a bulls games this year (everyone, lol) and the dominant post players kill us.

i would be happy with chicago or cleveland. if they were to meet im in a bit of a situation tho.

The Spurs are winning this game thanks to performances by Udrih, Vaughn and Barry :D.

Let's hope they cover. come on Spurs

brewers fan, are you seriously saying that the Cavs have even a 1/100 chance?

i'm a gambler, I will bet on anything where I see value...I would not take 40-1 on an NBA Future for the Cavs winning the title...

no man who knows basketball would agree with you, i hope and prey you are kidding...

Spurs/Dallas/Phoenix and if everybody's healthy: Miami would win a 7 game series over the Cavs 10 times out of 10.

You cannot count out Miami of course, if they are healthy come playoff time all they need is an opportunity and they have the star power to certainly make the most of it. Phoenix has added adequate defense to their top of the league offensive attack. San Antonio is playing their best ball of the last two years right now and lets not forget they were one bucket from the NBA Finals last season with an injured Duncan and a run down squad. Dallas is having the best regular season run I've personally ever seen, and I would never discount their chances at a title even with the fact that they have never won one.

IMO the futures should go as follows

Dallas +350
San Antonio +400
Phoenix +600
Miami +900
rest of league +3000

I think Cleveland has a definite chance to go to the Finals, but I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I said nothing of getting to the finals...

i said they cant WIN them...

the impossibillity lies with their three possible opponents out west

funny thing with futures is that i can hedge when they get to the finals :)

Miami would win a 7 game series over the Cavs 10 times out of 10.

This is the part I disagree with.

Dallas is having the best regular season run I've personally ever seen

obviously 72-10 means nothing to you then. that bulls team would wipe the floor with this year's dallas team.

Dallas is having the best regular season run I've personally ever seen

obviously 72-10 means nothing to you then. that bulls team would wipe the floor with this year's dallas team.

He said he's ever seen. Our friend billivy was a late bloomer as an NBA fan, lol.

Back