The Sports Cruncher's 2015 CFB Week 13 Lines & Market Plays

TheSportsCruncher

Pretty much a regular
Leaving for a long family vacation Wednesday evening, so after tonight no 2nd half plays until the Bowl games, I reckon. Happy Holidays to one and all. Spend time with your family and don't gamble with money you can't afford to lose. :)

Bowling Green @ Ball State

I recommended a 1% play on BGSU -20.5 when the line opened.

I guess the question in this game is which if either of the teams will show up with some energy in a game with no ramifications. BGSU has their side of the conference won, while Ball State hasn't played at all well in quite a while except for a luck-aided win against Massachusetts a month ago. Defensively Ball St. is a disaster. I would think that BGSU, who struggled throwing the ball in their last couple of games, throwing for their lowest ypp average of the season in back to back games, will want to get some positive momentum back there before preparing for the MAC championship game on December 4th. In the second half, though, I expect BGSU to a fair amount of running the ball with a healthy lead. That's my one concern for the Over and why I didn't recommend a play on it, even though the line has shot up enough that just playing for a pure middle would have been worth it. I'm not sure Ball St. can score enough points to make BGSU keep the pedal to the metal in the 4th quarter. BGSU's run defense has been pretty good in conference play, with the only bad game there against Ohio in a game where BGSU had a huge 2nd half lead but Ohio kept running the ball anyway -- and Ohio's running game has been really, really good the past few weeks, starting with that game. Ball State's running game had a good start to the season but weirdly has done much worse in conference play than it did against TA&M and NW. They had a good ypc average last week against Ohio -- but Ohio's defense hasn't been able to bounce back in the final month like its offense has. The Ball passing game has been up and down, but have all three of their worst passing games in the second half of the season. BGSU's pass defense started off the season pretty poorly, but has been decent against conference foes. Ball State just doesn't have any offensive advantages they can consistently exploit in this game. They have been playing at a faster pace as they've leaned more on the pass lately. If they decide to play at their faster pace most of this game than this game could easily go Over the total, or at least the opening total. Ball State has been involved in some high-scoring shoot outs this year, so it makes sense to think that a game against BGSU could obviously go that direction.

skHXsxC.png

Ohio @ NIU

I recommended a 1% play on the Over 56 when the line opened.

NIU wins their side of the conference with a victory over Ohio tonight. Ohio, for their part, will be hungry for an upset to to finish out their resurgent end of season. It looks like the Bobcats may have finally settled on JD Sprague as their starting quarterback. It only took most of the season for them to figure that out...assuming he is the guy who plays most of the game tonight, lol. He's proven to be a better runner and a better downfield passer than Vick. Ohio resurrected a dead running game after their week 9 bye. As a team they had failed to reach 200 yards of rushing in a game since weeks 1 and 2. Since the by they've averaged over 300 yards rushing per game, while still throwing for over 200 yards per game as well. My lines incorporate the in-season trends, but I think my line is still under-valuing where the Ohio run game is right now. It wouldn't surprise me to see them hang around within a score for most of this game. Unfortunately for Ohio, and why they should lose this game tonight, is that their injury-ravaged defense wasn't involved in the bye week resurrection. Outside of a game against the offense-less Kent they've let their opponents gain more than their usual yards per play averages, especially against the run, which is especially bad against NIU. Ohio-Ball St. was a higher-scoring game than TOL-BGSU last week. While I don't think tonight's Ohio game will be higher scoring than the BGSU game again, I do think it provides better value on the Over.

ST0nz8H.png

A final look at last week's cheat sheet, plus results on recommended investments. I'm encouraged that even near the end of the college football season my lines were so much sharper than the opening numbers. It was my biggest winning week of the season, and I think it was also the week my lines performed best in gaining value versus the closing lines, both across the board and on recommended investments. My recommended investments have now saved over 1,000 total points versus the closing lines, and my starting bankroll has grown over 50% with an average bet size of just about 1%. Last week's top plays (2% and 3% recommended investments) went 10-3-1 -- though it would've been 11-3-1 if the Western Kentucky game had lasted 3 or 4 more seconds.

BOgqkF9.png

roO8X4N.png

gK513Ky.png

znnb5TM.png

0a7AdeJ.png

Looks like Ohio is going to win -- good news for my NIU Under 8.5 wins with NIU sitting on 8 wins currently! lol. Now Toledo has plenty to play for against WMU this Saturday. I'm not showing much line value on Toledo, but I'm going to add them for a 0.5% play anyways. Their defense is playing good, and their balanced offense will be tough for WMU to stop. WMU has my 4th worst rated run defense in the MAC. After Ohio finally found their defense tonight, WMU's might be the 3rd worse behind Ball's and EMU's.

Back