The Sheriff

• Thread starter Thread starter Lareux
  • Start date Start date
L

Lareux

Is officially calling it quits. Shouldn't be too surprising to anyone, but he's set to make it official at a press conference on Monday.

Good for him to be able to go out on top with a SB title, not too many guys get to do that.

Was just coming to post this.

Also glad to see he went out on top.

I love how people are saying the Broncos defense won the superbowl and Manning just got lucky to be along for the ride too. Of course, that is true. But the constant changing of the goalposts is funny. When Manning was clearly the best player in the league for years it didn't matter because he wasn't winning super bowls. Then when he did win, it didn't matter because he wasn't, well, Peyton Manning anymore. Shows what hypocrites we can be as fans sometimes (self included).

Now it is time to get David Carr his superbowl and then he can retire.

Payton Manning is an interesting topic. All time great regular season QB but I'm struggling to find film of him putting together 1 immortal playoff game drive that solidifies him in history. Elway, Montana, Staubach, Bradshaw, even Eli Manning have numerous, but Payton I cant. 1st immortal QB who really doesn't have a signature playoff moment.

If you took Peyton's regular season play in his career and combined it with Eli's postseason play in his career, you'd have the greatest QB of all time without question...but both guys only shined brightest in 1 or the other...Peyton is the greatest regular season QB ever...but his postseason numbers are average at best...hell, he threw more picks than TD's in the playoffs the year he won the SB with the Colts.

I'm not able to access that video but I think it's the brutal play by Champ Bailey letting the WR get behind him late. His best year personally was the year he lost to Seattle in the SB. It's that SB and the brutal pick 6 loss vs the Saints in his other SB loss that standout more about his playoff legacy. I wish it was different but that's how I see him. Kurt Warner isn't far behind. Great SB with my team but his pick 6 vs the Pats and Steelers cost his teams the SB.

Last edited:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_vs9C8M0vs0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

with how well he knows the game too, and I read he's more interested in a colour commentary job than a studio job, he could come in next year and immediately be the best in the league there too

I imagine every network outside NBC with Collinsworth would make him their number 1 guy

with how well he knows the game too, and I read he's more interested in a colour commentary job than a studio job, he could come in next year and immediately be the best in the league there too

I imagine every network outside NBC with Collinsworth would make him their number 1 guy
\

Depends if Peyton is willing to be honest or not. What makes Collinsworth great is the same thing that holds Gruden back from being great .... Collinsworth is willing to be honestly negative about players, plays, coaching decisions, officiating mistakes etc. etc. ..... I worry P Manning will be another asskisser.

\

Depends if Peyton is willing to be honest or not. What makes Collinsworth great is the same thing that holds Gruden back from being great .... Collinsworth is willing to be honestly negative about players, plays, coaching decisions, officiating mistakes etc. etc. ..... I worry P Manning will be another asskisser.

ya that's true, I think he has it in him but we would have to wait and make sure to see

With Gruden I thought it was always he didnt want to sour things in case he went back to coaching

Hell of a career

In honor of him I just ordered a Peyton special from Papa John's....nuts only

I would love to see him become our QB coach - no one knows the position like he does.

I know this won't happen, but a girl can wish :)

Back