The Real Season

JPicks

Pretty much a regular
NBA Playoffs 0-0-0 +0.00 Units :)

Raptors vs Nets

The "Vince" Series as it's being dubbed. I have a major lean on the Raptors here. The Nets aren't as jackle and hyde to me as some others. I really don't think they are a good road team. They are veteran enough to beat the teams that they should beat on the road, but aren't good enough to beat anybody good on the road. Look at their schedule on the road since Feb.1. I use Feb.1 because that's about the time they started picking it up for the playoff run.

They played 19 games on the road. They went 8-11 SU and 7-10-1 ATS basically winning SU or losing ATS. Those 8 victories were against Atlanta (2 pts), Boston (23 pts), Memphis (11pts), Hornets (4 pts), Charlotte (6 pts in OT), Washington (4 pts, sans Butler&Arenas), Pacers (4 pts), Knicks (9 pts). Of those victories I'd say the Hornets victory was probably their best. The rest of these teams were either A) trying to lose or B) playing without stars or C) all of the above. They lost by DD's, during this time period, on the road to Orlando (33pts), Toronto (11pts), Philly (13pts), all the Texas teams by 13+, Chicago (31), and Cleveland (18). Not to mention their 2 losses at Philly as well.

Bottom line is that I think this line is shaded for a Vince factor. So let's look at VC's #'s at Toronto. 5 for 15 on Feb. 14 for 17 points. He was in the middle of a pretty solid 20+ run before throwing up bricks north of the border. 4 of 17 for 12 points on Dec. 15. Bottom line is I think Vince is mentally weak and he has a problem with 20G+ booing the shit out of him. He can pound his chest all he wants after the victory over the Bulls while talking about how excited he is to play the Raptors. Careful what you wish for.

I think this line should be closer to 6.5. When these teams played on Feb. 14 the Raptors were favored by 9.5. Both teams were on a b2b and off of travel so the line should have been fairly even. Raptors won 120-109. I really don't think the Nets have done enough over the last two months to move this line down 5 points. They've beat a bunch of teams that had no desire to win and got their asses handed to them by teams that we're fighting for positioning. So what reasons has the line moved so dramatically for?

The one thing that I've heard alot of Jersey backers lean on is experience. I 100% agree that experience is key in the playoffs. Bosh and co. have no experience while the Nets got swept in '04 to the Pacers and lost to the Heat last year in the semis in 5 games. As Charles Barkley would say, "No series starts until a home team loses". I'm not sure that the Raptors are going to fully understand that it's the playoffs until they hit the road. Should be a great atmosphere for the first playoff game since 2002 in Toronto.

I may be wrong as I've certainly been before, but that's my take on this game.

Raptors -4.5 4 Units

One last interesting stat. The Nets are 12-3 O/U over the last two years in the playoffs. Game 3 may be a spot for me to play the over depending on how the first two shake out. I just don't trust Vince to help enough with the scoring load in Toronto.

I've also tailed B.A.R. and Billivy with the Suns/Lakers U 214 for 4 units.

Also played the Jazz/Rockets O184 and then the U185. Having 2nd thoughts about the over. I really think the Jazz have to push the ball in transition in order to be competitive in this series. The line definitely has me thinking the Jazz should be competitive, but I'm not so sure. Either way I'll just sit out the 1st game and see what happens. So no play on the total. Hoping it lands on 184 or 185.

I'm working on some stuff for the other games and will have them up tomorrow sometime. Definitely on the Heat but for slightly different reasons than most. Still thinking about the Pistons game. Line seems a bit short, but for what reason?

GL to all this weekend. Nothing like a good start to get things rolling.

GL! I like the Raptors ML in game 1. I think they come out very emotional, but the better team will end up winning this series: NJ.

NJ and Raptors is a very interesting series.

NJ has more talent and is the better team.

But when has NJ ever showed up?

I like the Raptors to take the first game as well. Let's cash this ticket.

no worries that both teams come out sluggish with the 1230am east coast start time?

Good stuff Jpicks.
Brewer. TOR get used to playing early on the weekend at home and they played very well .I used to bet TOR and the Over on early game and made $$$ for about 3 years.
NJ meanwhile is a bad team playing early in the weekend game.They used to come out sluggish and the game went under more often .
TOR for the most part,is the second half team,during regular season.
I am really not sure how this will come out because this is the playoff but one thing for sure is my money will on TOR and the OVER as it used to be.
I really don't know if it is true or not but base on my experience while spending time in TOR and some parts of CANADA I can see the people there are almost always ready for life early in the morning while the American are not.I lived and studied in PHI,NJ worked in NYC ,BOS,CHI,SYR,CON and CAL. people seem to started very slow.
I just don't know IMO.
BOL 2 all guys.

Thanks for all the commnets guys. I do disagree with some though. I actually think Toronto is the more talented team. We shall see.

no worries that both teams come out sluggish with the 1230am east coast start time?

Have to agree with tranxyz. The Raptors usually thrive in this spot. Don't think it'll be as important an angle as normal with them playing another East Coast team. GL

I'm a major tailer and generally don't spend enough time researching to lend much to these threads. But there are a couple of games that seem emotionally charged and ready for first-quarter bets on the home team:

Raptors -1 -115
Bulls -1 -115

Same could be said for first half, I guess:

Raptors -2.5 -105
Bulls -2 -115

What do you think?

I'm a major tailer and generally don't spend enough time researching to lend much to these threads. But there are a couple of games that seem emotionally charged and ready for first-quarter bets on the home team:

Raptors -1 -115
Bulls -1 -115

Same could be said for first half, I guess:

Raptors -2.5 -105
Bulls -2 -115

What do you think?

1st qtr plays are sometimes a bit rough. I like to save them more for when you KNOW that a team has to come out strong in the 1st qtr. Normally game 3's when the home team is down 2-0 is a good spot. I can agree more with the Raps play than the Bulls in this spot though. I think you might see Wade score 20 in the 1st qtr today to set the tone for the rest of the playoffs. GL with what you decide.

Never got around to the writeup on the Heat. Either way I completely agree with everyone that they should win one of two in Chicago. I'll play the 2nd game ML if this one loses.

Heat ML +200 3 Units.

Also I still have the over 184 (2 Units) for Utah/Houston. Never got around to playing the U 185. Quite happy about that. Still deciding what to do with it. Still leaning on playing the U 189.5.

Really not happy with myself with the whole Toronto play at the moment.

Add Spurs/Nuggs 2nd Half O97 4 Units

Last edited:
Back