The Ohio State vs Michigan hate week

Mike Weber leaving this great state for Ohio will burn for an eternity.

He got conned into going. Fuck.

I wish it was primetime personally. So dumb it isn't. Hoping for a healthy, hard hitting game.

Will be interesting to see how coaches adjust. Also, who plays qb for Michigan.

Given how concerned Urban and harb are with publicity for their programs...it's absolutely shocking to me that this game is still played at noon.

Urban has been on record as stating he hates noon starts. They moved the 2006 game to 3:30pm and I'm surprised they didn't make the same move here. I wonder if both teams were undefeated would they have done that?

Going to be a great one.

I think this might be the week we see Peppers throw one. O'Korn just not adequate. Peppers going to have to take ~10 snaps to try to generate some explosive plays. Could come back to haunt UM though -- Peppers seems the most likely candidate to match Samuel when OSU moves him around.

Conversely, JT Barrett has been really ineffective throwing the ball with any kind of wind. If weather isn't great, the game is sure to be a grinder, which plays into what UM wants.

MSU interior OL was moving OSU interior DL, who've been pretty stout through most of the year. Another thing I'll be watching early that should tell us a lot about which way the game will go. UM really struggled in that respect against Iowa.

I prefer 3:30 but I will definitely take noon over prime time. By prime time my head has gone pretty muddy with all the football I have watched beginning at noon. Anyone know if ESPN game day is in Columbus?

Go Blue

I prefer 3:30 but I will definitely take noon over prime time. By prime time my head has gone pretty muddy with all the football I have watched beginning at noon. Anyone know if ESPN game day is in Columbus?

Go Blue

Yes ESPN Gameday is in Cbus. Five hour show from 7am-12noon.

Speight is likely out even though Hairballs is saying he is day to day.

Go Bucks, Beat the Blue!

Going to be a great one.

I think this might be the week we see Peppers throw one. O'Korn just not adequate. Peppers going to have to take ~10 snaps to try to generate some explosive plays. Could come back to haunt UM though -- Peppers seems the most likely candidate to match Samuel when OSU moves him around.

Conversely, JT Barrett has been really ineffective throwing the ball with any kind of wind. If weather isn't great, the game is sure to be a grinder, which plays into what UM wants.

MSU interior OL was moving OSU interior DL, who've been pretty stout through most of the year. Another thing I'll be watching early that should tell us a lot about which way the game will go. UM really struggled in that respect against Iowa.

I agree with a lot of this. Definitely think we see peppers throw as well.

Peppers can do everything else, so why not. Hell, he may just throw a TD to himself.

That being said, go BUCKS!

I wish it was primetime personally. So dumb it isn't. Hoping for a healthy, hard hitting game.

Will be interesting to see how coaches adjust. Also, who plays qb for Michigan.

No shit.....
Is there a contingent of old schoolers up there that like this thing played at fucking 12pm?
Just curious..
Looking forward to it and wish it was night as Hunt said

They've played it at 3:30 a couple of times ('06 was one of those times).

Ohio Stadium didn't get permanent lights until a few years ago. Michigan Stadium got permanent lights a few years before that.

Which means there's a long tradition of this game being played and completed before its dark out (i.e., 5-6 p.m. this time of year), and a lot of old timers who are fundamentally troubled with adapting anything about "the Game" to modern times.

I'm now on the west coast so the 9 a.m. kickoff is especially brutal.

You nailed it twink. As I'm sure sf can allude to as well is that the old timers of both programs have the pocketbooks to keep this at 12. At least at Michigan they want it at 12.

They've always had this game in this time slot. It's exactly where they want it for whatever the reason. Would be a great Saturday night ABC game with Herbie and Musberger.

They've played it at 3:30 a couple of times ('06 was one of those times).

Ohio Stadium didn't get permanent lights until a few years ago. Michigan Stadium got permanent lights a few years before that.

Which means there's a long tradition of this game being played and completed before its dark out (i.e., 5-6 p.m. this time of year), and a lot of old timers who are fundamentally troubled with adapting anything about "the Game" to modern times.

I'm now on the west coast so the 9 a.m. kickoff is especially brutal.

4am kickoff for me. Hate midday games

KaLLLis needs one more L on that moniker. .tough match up for the Buckeyes, though. .Penn St manhandled our O-line and Michigan can bring it up front . .and this is collectively the worst group of WR's ever assembled at Ohio St and Michigan's corners seem all clingy and possessive.

My guess 42.5, but it seems like both teams pull out the stops in this game

Couple trick plays for big gains won't be surprising

I think both AD's have made comments that a night game would get too out of hand, behavior-wise. I'm not really sure if I agree but 3:30 seems like an ideal compromise.

Not sure if the pockets from the boosters are deeper than ABC/Disney pockets.

Gotta love tradition for the sake of tradition though, lol.

If the weather is clear then I wouldn't bet the farm on the under.

It's odd to me to see a conference's marquee game at 11 central, but maybe that's because I've been conditioned with the SEC best game at 2:30. Also as an attendee, I would hate to be outside at night when it's that cold. Anything under 50 and I'm inside. Hate that I'll miss the game this year because we'll be on the road trying to make it back home for the Alabama game. Guess I can stream it in the car since the wife will probably be driving

hold on every body U of M vs OHIO STATE like I said you can't find to many bigger fans then me of U of M. when you have a TATTOO and it says U of M from the big house and a Helmet on your arm but holy shit how in gods name will mich move the ball with this QB . yeah its only one game last week but holy shit like I said before this kid has 2 left hands

Let the backup QB excuses begin.
I remember what happened when we had to plug in a backup QB...

hallbird354.gif

lol steed.

nice job ohio state football twitter..

Happy
274c.png
onday
274c.png
orning from The Ohio State University ca
274c.png
pus.

Cxygr5vXcAAk8rO.jpg

Cxygr5vXgAAQ0nM.jpg

Cxygr5vXEAAOW0_.jpg

Cxygr5vW8AAYjk_.jpg

• RETWEETS3,975
  • LIKES4,708

5:25 AM - 21 Nov 2016

Gonna be Unreal Saturday. Wish I had a ticket. I would probably wear neutral in that stadium tho

No idea what to expect honestly. The playcalling and the few intermediate throws O'Korn threw on Saturday suggest that Harbaugh doesn't trust him AT ALL. Called a Peppers throw on a 3rd and 10 at the 11, bunch of 3rd and long handoffs, ton of 1 read stuff. With that said, the optimistic view on this is that OSU has nothing "real" to review of this guy on tape. It's really tough for me seeing Michigan winning this game without Speight, would take the type of luck on big plays like Florida had on Saturday imo. And that's coming from the guy who's been posting about Michigan futures since August.

Given how concerned Urban and harb are with publicity for their programs...it's absolutely shocking to me that this game is still played at noon.

Urban has been on record as stating he hates noon starts. They moved the 2006 game to 3:30pm and I'm surprised they didn't make the same move here. I wonder if both teams were undefeated would they have done that?

They set this as a noon start over a month ago...

Yes ESPN Gameday is in Cbus. Five hour show from 7am-12noon.

Speight is likely out even though Hairballs is saying he is day to day.

Go Bucks, Beat the Blue!

Just a hunch, Speight plays.
No shit.....
Is there a contingent of old schoolers up there that like this thing played at fucking 12pm?
Just curious..
Looking forward to it and wish it was night as Hunt said

It will never be at night in our lifetimes. Bo and Woody still 'overlook' this series.

I knew he was old but no idea he had already beaten Kansas 199 times

Longevity...

No idea what to expect honestly. The playcalling and the few intermediate throws O'Korn threw on Saturday suggest that Harbaugh doesn't trust him AT ALL. Called a Peppers throw on a 3rd and 10 at the 11, bunch of 3rd and long handoffs, ton of 1 read stuff. With that said, the optimistic view on this is that OSU has nothing "real" to review of this guy on tape. It's really tough for me seeing Michigan winning this game without Speight, would take the type of luck on big plays like Florida had on Saturday imo. And that's coming from the guy who's been posting about Michigan futures since August.

I'll go into this more in B1G thread but some weirdness going on last few weeks.

If you want to see tape on O Korn , go back to UH's 2014 opener vs UTSA , when they were favored and lost 27 - 7 .

O Korn kept throwing it to the Roadrunners , and lost his job after that.

If you want to see tape on O Korn , go back to UH's 2014 opener vs UTSA , when they were favored and lost 27 - 7 .

That's kind of the point, if the only thing you have on a guy to prepare during gameweek is 2 year old tape at a different school in a completely different system then you're going to have a hard time knowing what to prepare for.

That is the think with JOK...

Fabulous frosh year then they change offenses and he struggled.

That is the think with JOK...

Fabulous frosh year then they change offenses and he struggled.

I believe he will struggle vs OSU as well. He certainly did not look comfortable in the Indiana game, and OSU can dial up the pressure
a lot more than he faced last week.

Suck it up Wilton. Quit being a bitch and take a cortisone shot in your non throwing shoulder. You'll live.

I believe he will struggle vs OSU as well. He certainly did not look comfortable in the Indiana game, and OSU can dial up the pressure
a lot more than he faced last week.

No disagreement there.

He never had a chance behind that pass protection anyways. IU front is pretty good as is.

Suck it up Wilton. Quit being a bitch and take a cortisone shot in your non throwing shoulder. You'll live.

Cortisone ain't going to help much when a 320 lb. Tackle throws him to the ground and just happens to fall on him.

Back