The NFL gives another FU to the fans

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
Now they've moved one of the playoff games to Peacock Network so fans will have to sign up for another pay service

Maybe it will work for the NFL, but my response is to just ignore any games they move to a pay platform and do something useful with my time. I won't miss it any more than I'll miss the Direct TV package they moved to YouTube. I ignored the move of the Thursday games to Amazon and had a better time every Thursday than I would have had if I had watched an NFL game

Maybe most NFL fans will just pay up, but I wonder how many feel the same way I do

Last edited:
If enough people push back and refuse to watch games on streaming platforms, the NFL will backtrack. They did a couple years ago when they pulled sunday ticket from Canadians and forced us to watch through a second rate streaming service that barely worked. Fans revolted and they backed down and sunday ticket is available in Canada again.

So yeah, fight it because this is bullshit.

Now they've moved one of the playoff games to Peacock Network so fans will have to sign up for another pay service

Maybe it will work for the, but my response is to just ignore any games they move to a pay platform and do something useful with my time. I won't miss it any more than I'll miss the Direct TV package they moved to YouTube. I ignored the move of the Thursday games to Amazon and had a better time every Thursday than I would have had if I had watched an NFL game

Maybe most NFL fans will just pay up, but I wonder how many feel the same way I do

In all honesty though, if you’ve already ignored the TNF games on Amazon, and by your own words have had a better time not watching…what in the absolute fuck do you care about one more game you’re not able to or going to watch?

Also what’s the difference between DirecTV and YouTube TV if you were already paying for the package? How many people still use DirecTV anyway? And what’s the number who use YT vs DTV? It would make sense more people use YT if the NFL has decided to move their Sunday Ticket to that platform. At least if you’re using common sense that is.

In all honesty though, if you’ve already ignored the TNF games on Amazon, and by your own words have had a better time not watching…what in the absolute fuck do you care about one more game you’re not able to or going to watch?

Also what’s the difference between DirecTV and YouTube TV if you were already paying for the package? How many people still use DirecTV anyway? And what’s the number who use YT vs DTV? It would make sense more people use YT if the NFL has decided to move their Sunday Ticket to that platform. At least if you’re using common sense that is.

I’m also not even agreeing with them moving a playoff game to Peacock, even if most can and either password share as BAR pointed out, sign up for a free trial they can and will cancel after the game, or even pay $5 for one month to watch the game (and then cancel after the month).

I’m simply pointing out that your criticisms make little sense based on your own words.

NFL also gave a juicy primetime game, Bills at Chargers on Sat 12/23 @ 8:00 pm to Peacock. So that's a December and January subscription to see both.

I have peacock, not a bad service. Think I signed up for a free trial when that ended they offered me like 1 year for like 24 bucks so I said might as well.

But yeah, I don’t even watch MNF bc I refuse to pay for cable or the more expensive services like Sling/YouTube TV/etc. local tv station shows all the saints prime time games and that’s all I really care about.

My g/f has Amazon and it could get a little glitchy for the Thursday games; I'm the same though when it comes to these streaming services; I do pay for cable and will not buy a streaming service to watch the NFL. Most streaming services don't allow streaming in establishments if i am not mistaken (I'd like to know if i am wrong about this); no access to Peacock so i won't bother with the playoff game and Buff - LAC (though that should be a helluva game!) unless something changes

I’ve already began ignoring the nfl much more than I used to. I have prime but still didn’t watch hardly any the thu games on that last year, there just no way I’m tuning into their garbage thu night game on a platform where I can’t channel surf to fight off boredom of watching 1 stand alone nfl game!

Reactions: KJ
NFL also gave a juicy primetime game, Bills at Chargers on Sat 12/23 @ 8:00 pm to Peacock. So that's a December and January subscription to see both.

They might be greedy pos but they ain’t stupid! Printing money is what they do.

I’ve already began ignoring the nfl much more than I used to. I have prime but still didn’t watch hardly any the thu games on that last year, there just no way I’m tuning into their garbage thu night game on a platform where I can’t channel surf to fight off boredom of watching 1 stand alone nfl game!
This is so true with any sport. They are so arrogant to think one game is bigger than life when our collective attention spans need to change channels every 30 seconds to stay awake. Hell it's probably why most of us gamble, to stay interested.

This is so true with any sport. They are so arrogant to think one game is bigger than life when our collective attention spans need to change channels every 30 seconds to stay awake. Hell it's probably why most of us gamble, to stay interested.

I remember there was 1 Thursday game where the matchup was one I wanted to check out despite my disdain for the thu night cash grab. Think ncaa was still going on so 1st timeout you know I’m trying to exit prime and go to Hulu live or whatever I was using at the time, that took so long I wasn’t gonna go back again! Lol. Maybe a playoff game I can just leave on the station for most the game but there no way I can endure commercials, timeouts, halftime, replays that go on forever, when I know there another game going on a different channel without switching!!!

last few years I feel like baseball has made some their plsyoff games a pain in the ass to find, they not on a steaming platform (yet, it probably coming since they already do some things during the year) but just putting them on goofy channels lessons the chance I tune in!

I wonder if this more a money play or their idea of a way to reach new/different viewers? I’ve never understood that philosophy, they so arrogant they think they can treat the longtime fan any kind of way and won’t matter! Could be NBC already has that playoff game and they pushed the idea (with cash) so they could try and get a subscription boost before end the year!!

last few years I feel like baseball has made some their plsyoff games a pain in the ass to find, they not on a steaming platform (yet, it probably coming since they already do some things during the year) but just putting them on goofy channels lessons the chance I tune in!
ABC Family playoff games were the best. Went straight from Danny Tanner schooling Steph on dating to a playoff game.

Football at least has the power to do basically whatever they want and continue to print money despite it annoying some. Baseball should watch their step cause that fan base shrinking, I love it and I’m not gonna go following them around to watch a game! I stopped watching most cards games cause for some reason you can get basically every fox sports channel on the live streaming packages but not the regional fox sports where cardinals are on in my area and I assume plenty of other local teams are in different regions. Mfers want to be difficult I got news for them, I’m ok not watching!

Football at least has the power to do basically whatever they want and continue to print money despite it annoying some. Baseball should watch their step cause that fan base shrinking, I love it and I’m not gonna go following them around to watch a game! I stopped watching most cards games cause for some reason you can get basically every fox sports channel on the live streaming packages but not the regional fox sports where cardinals are on in my area and I assume plenty of other local teams are in different regions. Mfers want to be difficult I got news for them, I’m ok not watching!
Bally bought Fox Sports out here then filed for BK. Now Snakes, Suns and Yotes are on local tv lol

Something is so pure about that

Very true. Odd to think about their strategy here. Maybe I’m old school and flip around by nature, but even kids now like to jump around and view shorts/clips.

Be interesting to see where it goes

Very true. Odd to think about their strategy here. Maybe I’m old school and flip around by nature, but even kids now like to jump around and view shorts/clips.

Be interesting to see where it goes
We are at a point where the next generation will be taking Adderall like a morning vitamin. Technology has encouraged it.

We are at a point where the next generation will be taking Adderall like a morning vitamin. Technology has encouraged it.

I thought we started that, you saying I’m not supposed to get fed a addy to get out of bed?!?!? I don’t eat them daily like I used to but still a nice crutch! The worst thing was days the ex popped in my mouth while I was still asleep and then I’d get up and eat another not realizing I already had 30 milli, be nawing on my lip and shit! Lol

• Love
Reactions: KJ

Have to just put it on a computer or phone.

Back