The NFL can easily be RIGGED by the REFs FAR BETTER THAN TIM (NBA)

• Thread starter Thread starter ddk997
  • Start date Start date
I think I disagree

Although I have said recently that PI needs to be reviewable and capped at 15 yards..Or one or both..

I say no. The refs are watched much closer IMO. When too many bs calls are made, NFL steps in. Suspension or some kind of action towards the crew. NFL is much too big a sport when compared to NBA and MLB

I think I disagree

Although I have said recently that PI needs to be reviewable and capped at 15 yards..Or one or both..
I've been wanting this for over a decade. College style. I hate how they reward a team for a ball they might not have even caught. 50-60 yards on a PI. Ridiculous.

I want a few changes ..

no gloves or league issued gloves that are normal. These gloves they have make it super hard to drop a pass and super easy to make tough catches. no gloves unless it is super cold and then you have to wear regular old gloves.

Allow contact with the defender and wr and only call PI when the defender is legitimately too early (not one second too early .... that means the receiver isn't open)

I would make a rule that if the two players are running down the field and the ball is thrown short and the WR stops which makes the defender run into him as the wr is going back for the ball .. that is not interference. The defender has the right to his inside position and should not be expected to stop on a dime.

I would have a ten yard penalty on any offensive player who allows himself to be hit while in a defenseless position. It is your job to protect yourself. hehe. Ok not really but .....you get what I am after ...

I would have NO PENALTIES for celebration. If you win, you get the spoils... if you win a play, you get the spoils .... if you cannot handle it and physically attack the other person, then you are penalized. We should be rewarding success and teaching people how to cope with failure.

I want a few changes ..

no gloves or league issued gloves that are normal. These gloves they have make it super hard to drop a pass and super easy to make tough catches. no gloves unless it is super cold and then you have to wear regular old gloves.

Allow contact with the defender and wr and only call PI when the defender is legitimately too early (not one second too early .... that means the receiver isn't open)

I would make a rule that if the two players are running down the field and the ball is thrown short and the WR stops which makes the defender run into him as the wr is going back for the ball .. that is not interference. The defender has the right to his inside position and should not be expected to stop on a dime.

I would have a ten yard penalty on any offensive player who allows himself to be hit while in a defenseless position. It is your job to protect yourself. hehe. Ok not really but .....you get what I am after ...

I would have NO PENALTIES for celebration. If you win, you get the spoils... if you win a play, you get the spoils .... if you cannot handle it and physically attack the other person, then you are penalized. We should be rewarding success and teaching people how to cope with failure.

love all of these. i also think that the NFL should make it a 15 yard personal foul penalty for a receiver to plead for a PI call. Nothing is worse, and I mean nothing, than a play where it looks like good defense, the WR gets up and starts doing the flag motion begging for a flag, and 5 seconds later one comes in.

actually to be honest i done care about the gloves....love most of the rest of them that you were serious about. really like that it shouldnt be PI on an underthrown ball when the WR turns back to get it

and in terms of "no penalties for celebrations" can we add to it no taunting calls? Thats in the same boat right? Its mystifying to me that in a league with so much violence, you get a personal foul for being a big meanie and hurting a players feelings

PI has been reviewed in the CFL for 2 years now and I think only one time has come up where people think the refs fuckdd up the review

Thats such an easy one to add

I dono about shortening it to 15 yards though because some of these cbs are so good if they get burnt they will just tackle or trip a guy early rather than givr up a big gain

The stuff about making it harder to call though especially on receiver's coming back to thr ball though I am all in on

PI has been reviewed in the CFL for 2 years now and I think only one time has come up where people think the refs fuckdd up the review

I dono about shortening it to 15 yards though because some of these cbs are so good if they get burnt they will just tackle or trip a guy early rather than givr up a big gain

The stuff about making it harder to call though especially on receiver's coming back to thr ball though I am all in on

didn't know this

it has to happen...these hail mary attempts that get rewarded for 50 yard gains? Complete bullshit man

Also, the NFL need to lose the "the defender has to turn around to make a play on the ball" shit.....

why cant a DB break up a pass play with his back to the QB while not interfering? Dumb dumb rule

I want a few changes ..

this is kinda what I am saying too Kyle

it is just bullshit....it is bad bad

Make PI 30 yards. Then watch PI calls disappear in a matter of weeks

Agree. Can't just do 15, can't stand when a defender is beaten in college and just reaches/grabs knowing it's only 15 yds...conversely, I can't stand the ref making the play for the WR with the spot foul. Only other penalty in sport that's comparable is the penalty kick in soccer.

The only issue with the NFL implementing the rule that PI is reviewable is that the NFL replay system fucking sucks. They STILL get more calls wrong than right with review, could we imagine how horrible it would be for those morons trying to figure out PI in a replay? They still can't even come close to doing it on a god-damned catch/no catch ffs. Definitely agree that PI needs to be reviewable, and that the CFL has proven that it would work...but the NFL just sucks at most things they do.

I'd like to see some sort of "clear path" rule if a guy intentionally trips/tackles a guy rather than possibly give up a big gain. If you wanna trip/tackle the guy even though there's still the catch to be made (which isn't a guarantee), we'll penalize you by either giving them a TD, or just a spot foul. The defender is then taking out the unknown on his own and costing his team because of it. Not to mention, guys already trip/tackle guys if they're about to get beat big, even with the spot foul. If the penalty is reduced to 15 yards for a "common" PI, maybe they'll think twice before taking the spot foul by intentionally tripping/tackling a guy. But even still, you have the same problem I just mentioned...the NFL, and its officials, would be the ones determining all of this (what is/isn't intentional, etc)...and the NFL generally just fucking sucks.

I'm all in on the last one as well. When everyone knows that QBs are intentionally throwing balls behind guys, which more than likely wouldn't be completed even if a defender wasn't standing there, we've gotten away from the "spirit of the game." How is the defender supposed to literally stop their motion when a ball is under thrown, especially considering they don't even know the ball was under thrown to begin with more often than not? It's just a ridiculous thing to watch and something the NFL should want to get out of its game. But again, they're the fucking worst so they don't really care...they LOVE controversy and couldn't care less about the product on the field.

Back