The new proposed 17 game season -Discuss

Been saying forever the move was to just add a 2nd bye

That way you gain an extra week of football anyway, which is a win win for everyone imo, both share the money from the revenue and players get an extra week off, maybe even make sure everyone has a bye before a thursday game

This new one is interesting to me tho

Couple thoughts

Football into late February is just *chefs kiss*. That last 3 weeks of February are usually kinda dead, even though so much is going on. Nhl and nba don't really enter stretch run till March, ncaab conference tourneys dont start till march... so that's a win

17 game season seems kinda weird, its gonna be unbalanced, how would they decide each teams 17th? Rivalries?

2 game preseason, yep

The each team playing international or even non nfl markets is fine, but germany and brazil??? Cant imagine an owner agreeing to that

Been saying forever the move was to just add a 2nd bye

That way you gain an extra week of football anyway, which is a win win for everyone imo, both share the money from the revenue and players get an extra week off, maybe even make sure everyone has a bye before a thursday game

This new one is interesting to me tho

Couple thoughts

Football into late February is just *chefs kiss*. That last 3 weeks of February are usually kinda dead, even though so much is going on. Nhl and nba don't really enter stretch run till March, ncaab conference tourneys dont start till march... so that's a win

17 game season seems kinda weird, its gonna be unbalanced, how would they decide each teams 17th? Rivalries?

2 game preseason, yep

The each team playing international or even non nfl markets is fine, but germany and brazil??? Cant imagine an owner agreeing to that

Going in order...

Absolutely teams need a bye before Thursday night. This should be no issue at all and should promote good games as well. I guess then you can pencil in Dallas n Detroit for a bye before Turkey day every year. In fact, that week before would have to have 6 teams on a bye.

NBA All-Star Weekend is literally the only Feb competition plus the Winter Olympics.

The 17th game will be REAL interesting and I did not think of that yet.

Yeah, I do not see Brazil as an option at all. You almost have to go with Mexico and London games only. Now, it was mentioned using areas in the states that do not have pro markets. Well, that is cute and all but the logistics of holding an NFL game are a bit different I believe. I'd love to see the Seahawks and Broncos playing at Boise though haha.

Back