The New Lions Head Coach is Jim Schwartz

reNew Orleans

Clubbin' with Rasual Butler
Lions named former Titans defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz as their new head coach and signed him to a four-year contract.

They picked him over Ron Rivera and Todd Bowles. Schwartz, 42, makes sense for a Detroit franchise short on talent as an open-minded thinker who will keep the club's 4-3 defense intact. Ernie Sims will likely play the Keith Bulluck role, although the Lions don't have anything close to Albert Haynesworth. Schwartz used statistics to analyze offenses in Tennessee, earning him a reputation as Billy Beane of the NFL. Schwartz also has ties with the Bill Belichick tree and should find a good offensive coordinator. Jan. 15 - 3:43 pm et
Source: NFL.com

On an unrelated note (other than the team), dont you have to go after Michael Vick if youre the Lions?

I mean why not??

Guy gets out of prison July 20th and could be reinstated for the '09 season...

On an unrelated note (other than the team), dont you have to go after Michael Vick if youre the Lions?

Well that would certainly give that awful managed franchise media attention. It would be the only thing worth covering the lions if they made that move.

May the Schwartz be with you.

I think this is a great hire. Hopefully this means they go after some D in the draft. No QB at #1 please.

like it. glad they didn't hire the cowboys o coordinator (name escapes me). Agree with JK16 hope we don't grab a QB at #1. If stafford or sanchez is there for us at 20 i say why not cause the value is there (even though id probably rather go the whole draft without one), but we have too many holes to draft a QB #1.

like it. glad they didn't hire the cowboys o coordinator (name escapes me). Agree with JK16 hope we don't grab a QB at #1. If stafford or sanchez is there for us at 20 i say why not cause the value is there (even though id probably rather go the whole draft without one), but we have too many holes to draft a QB #1.

Sir, you are a TRUE fan...using we and us when describing the Lions deserves a...............:cheers:

Hell, if Miami and ATL can do it, why not The Lions?

Mully

Sir, you are a TRUE fan...using we and us when describing the Lions deserves a...............:cheers:

Hell, if Miami and ATL can do it, why not The Lions?

Mully

hahahaha
i root for them until they clearly aren't going to make the playoffs, then i root for a high draft pick and the firing of millen (luckily that finally happened this year) I really think we are only a few people away given our numerous draft picks this year from a solid team (ernie sims and calvin johnson have to be considered among the best at their positions) but going QB at #1 could ruin that.

good choice for coaching. need some more defensive line talent to implement the kind of defense schwartz liked to play

Back