The "New" Coach of the Washington Redskins

scdoggy

Moderator (Honorary)
is Joe Gibbs......

Breaking news. I'm not shitting you.... This will be all over the news shortly.

What the fuck is going on here???

Oops

Bad info fellas. A friend of mine caught the tail end of a hoax on Riggins radio show. Riggo wanted to fuck with the public and spent 20 minutes pontificating on his theory that Gibbs will come back. It was just a gag, and my buddy called me at work and thus the bad info.

Sadly enough I actually got excited about getting Gibbs over Fasell. Apparently, that's what I'm reduced to these days.

It happens.

Thing is, I'm not sure what Fassel really gives that team. I mean, I suppose he sort of fits the personnel they have, not a lot in the passing game, more power than anything else, but from the standpoint of a big hire or someone who really has a track record of getting it done, is Fassel really the answer?

I dunno what the answer is now. Honestly, what is the best option out there?

Fassel & Mooch are both guys that should be passed on. But who do you go after at this point??? And who really wants this job in the first place? If you were an established NFL coach, would you take this job? The only reason to take this job is strictly for the cash.

At this point, it makes more sense to go after some new blood and give some sucker a chance here. Hell, I'd give Russ Grimm a shot at this job before I hired any of the names I've heard thrown around for the past three weeks.

I agree, only that's not the way Snyder goes about things. He's not playing to build a team for a run that lasts a few years, he wants to buy a SB as soon as possible.

But I'm with you, it makes more sense to go after a Mike Singletary, or some up and comer and turn the whole thing over to him for two or three years in an effort to build a team. What they're doing now is just piling new problems on top of old.

Chris Mortenson said the Fassel deal was all but signed.

A Fassell hiring reminds me of the Norv Turner hiring honestly. A coach with experience, but not many head coaching credentials. I don't understand why teams hire these washed up coaches. It's a new era in sports. Take a risk on a young guy with a new outlook on coaching.

BY the way, Joe what is that a picture of in your avatar? It kinda looks like HR PufnStuff

BY the way, Joe what is that a picture of in your avatar? It kinda looks like HR PufnStuff

Ha. That's Gabbibo. He's a character on an Italian TV show. He's kind of tough to explain except to say he's sort of like a grown up Grimace. For whatever reason he just cracks me up.

=)

I was thinking it was some obscure college mascot, but it looks hauntingly familiar. I think he must be PufnStuf's cousin. I actually had to look up Pufnstuf's picture to recall exactly what he looked like.

"HR Pufnstuf - he can't do a little cause he can't do enough."

Well if that's not the truth, I don't know what is.

Also, Gabbibo gets the chicks.

pimpgabibbo.jpg

Did any of you guys play the game Mr Mouth when you were little? If you didn't, its not what you're thinking.

But that dude looks kinda like Mr Mouth.

pic123042_md.jpg

WASHINGTON -- The Washington Redskins hired Jim Zorn as their coach Saturday night, a surprise ending to a month-long search for a replacement for Joe Gibbs.
Zorn's hiring was confirmed to ESPN.com's John Clayton on Saturday night by sources familiar with the situation.
Zorn will be introduced at a news conference at 3 p.m. Sunday, according to a person who was informed of the Redskins' decision. The person spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because a formal announcement had not been made.
Zorn, a former Seattle quarterback, has been the Seahawks' quarterbacks coach for the last seven years. The Redskins hired him to be their offensive coordinator on Jan. 26 while continuing their search for a head coach.

Jim Zorn. After all that he picks Jim Zorn.

Smoke - Jim Zorn was the quarterback of the Seahawks back in the day. Ya know, when you were a little kid and liked teams like the Seahawks, Oilers, and Lions cause they had bitchin uniforms.

This seems appropriate since the Skins already have bitchin uniforms.

I guess my reaction as a Skins fan is something along the lines of, "Fuck it, why not?" I'll take him over Fassel and I didn't really see a guy out there that would make me get really excited to have come here. Even Spagnuolo may not be ready for a head coaching job. I'm certainly going to give the guy a chance and see what he's got.

Something tells me that unless this guy comes in and works miracles, Snyder will sign the next high profile coach that throws his name in the ring. I wouldn't be shocked to see Zorn fired at the end of the upcoming season if a big name is available....

i agree, sounds like cowher will be gettin 10 million a year. Also, the skins are like 20 million over the cap. I do not think this will be a great year for skins fans to say the least.

I actually really like Jim Zorn. Mostly because I know him from what he did with Seattle back in the day, but he's been a pretty good QB coach as well.

Very smart guy.

But I'm with Doggy, I think Snyder bailed out.

Back