The Nets: Discussion Time

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
So, they added Jimmy Harden to the team...

The first few games, he and KD looked electric on offense.

The defense still sucked, obviously.

Kylie comes back, and Harden looks awful (to his standards).

Tonight, Jimmy has taken 5 shots with 7 minutes left in the game.

I know it is early, but this doesn't work.

Cancer gotta go, IMO.

It’s a bad fit. Both Kyrie and harden are so ball dominant. KD will get his looks but one of the other two will have to sacrifice shots and so far it looks like it’s harden. If KD would green light if I think the nets would move Kyrie

DBrnJutUIAAhGW7.jpg

Nets got tons of issues, but if they making the playoffs (and I'm sure they will without any doubt) and if everyone is healthy - it will be still very very hard if not impossible to stop them on defense and Nets can always go to the hot hand that night, while Nash and players themselves will have 7 games series to find the right things to do on defense against any offense...

The Nets showed some more heart on D at times in the 2H. That was a much needed win for them.

They still need another piece, no doubt but that was a very good 4th for them after some previous disasters.

The Nets showed some more heart on D at times in the 2H. That was a much needed win for them.

They still need another piece, no doubt but that was a very good 4th for them after some previous disasters.

they just have no freaking depth: I dunno if it matter when there so much time off in playoffs or not? Shouldnt stop them from getting out the East. Those 3 plus Harris can prob outscore most teams.

Assuming Kyrie doesn’t have another meltdown in middle a playoff series and decides to go on vacation!

Basically you get tired defensively guarding the Nets as the game goes on.

They have 3 of the best, if not the best 3 ISO dudes in the league that wear you down.

Teams that exert themselves on defensive like the Flippers will get burned over 4 quarters vs this squad.

You're best just expending yourself on offense, not overcommitting on defense and trying to outscore them like the Cavs did a week ago.

Nets will give you all you want offensively, Flips burned the wax trying to guard these dudes. Didn't have the gas to get over the finish line.

Nets still have all that offensive energy at the end of the game and their talent wins out.

As much as we 'hate' on this squad it's gonna be hard to contain all that offensive talent over a 7 game series.

Can't wait for when they play the Lakers in 2 weeks.

Interesting trend going forward...

Teams that previously played the Nets are 6-16 SU and 7-14-1 ATS their next game.

3-7 SU and ATS if favored the next game.

Flat Earth is disconnected, I'm sure he means well but is just totally out of touch with reality.

Hardens interview with Rachel Nichols was absolutely hilarious

Harden was traded by the Rockets to the Brooklyn Nets in January.

"I don't like it all because that's not who I am. The drama. The extra, whatever you want to call it. The negativity, for me, I don't really like negative energy. It's draining. I don't like how it necessarily happened. I feel like it could have happened a lot smoother, a lot easier. It is what it is."

Harden was asked if he regrets how he handled his departure.

"No, because I wasn't trying to be disrespectful. I wasn't trying to be selfish. I feel like the front office knew where I stood and what I wanted. I apologized for how it went down but I guess I had to do what to do in order to get to where I wanted to go."

Back