The most UNDERRATED team in college football?

E.T.G.

One of trus baby mommas
Found this on the front page of Covers and I disagree with it but I am having a hard time coming up with a team..Who do you feel is the most underrated team?

BYU - Dominated Zona, out gained UCLA by 200yards, and from non BCS conference.

htp://www.covers.com/articles/articles.aspx?theArt=149329

Ohio State at Washington (+4.5)
So far, the Washington Huskies have proven to be the most underrated team in college football. In Week 1, they were listed as 3-point favorites at Syracuse and crushed the Orange by 30 points. Last weekend, they were underdogs at home against Boise State and hammered the Fiesta Bowl champs 24-10. Oddsmakers have tried to get this situation back in line, making the Huskies slim underdogs against the Buckeyes, who spent most of last season ranked No. 1 in the nation.
OSU still has to sort out its passing game, but this is a defense that could bring some of the best offenses in the nation to a standstill. If Washington’s freshman quarterback can pull out another 80-yard rushing game against this defense, then he really is something special. But it’s more likely that Jake Locker will get his real introduction to big-time college ball this week.

I like your thought on BYU, but I think Kansas makes a run at the Big 12 North title and don't seem to be on the media's radar.

I think Washington isn't a bad choice b/c they were picked 9 out of 10 pac-10 teams. We will see if they are legit this weekend.

Considering South Carolina is now in the Top 25, it's hard to say they are overrated. I actually think I agree with the article. Washington is 2-0, beat a Top25 team, and they aren't even listed in the Top 25. If they win this week, they should be in the Top 15 next week. Big test for Washington with tOSU rolling into town.

My second choice would probably be South Florida, but they're starting to get noticed now.

Yea, I'd definitely go with South Florida, it's insane that they aren't ranked in the top 25 yet. What the hell do you have to do? It's like the voters are saying, "we've given the Big East enough respect with WVU, Louisville, and Rutgers, that's plenty."

I love that covers has that article about Washington, that OSU line shows they aren't overrated. OSU hasn't shown a thing, Washington has, so OSU has that advantage .. I'm not sure if you guys remember, but he coached at Notre Dame and wasn't too great at getting his team ready for big games.

Gotta go with South Florida, and (I cant believe I am actually going to say it).........ugh............Kentucky. Coming from a Louisville fan, thats tough to say. Kentucky should be a getting a little more top 25 love, and I think they are going to at least win one of the games this year between Tennessee and Florida, which I am sure any Kentucky fan would be thrilled with.

I gotta agree though, its a joke just how little love South Florida is getting from the polls. They go into Auburn and beat the Tigers at their place. Even if its not the best Auburn team we have seen recently, thats still impressive.

People better not sleep on South Florida, or they might end up getting upset.

Cincinnati
Alabama

I think both win this week and Alabama will enter the top 25 while Cincinnati will be right on the brink of cracking it, but not quite. Both teams could pull an upset or two in conference play as a strong defense can carry you a long way once you get into the meat of your schedule. Don't think they will win their conferences or anything like that, but definitely wouldn't be surprised if each pulled an upset along the way.

Yea, I'd definitely go with South Florida, it's insane that they aren't ranked in the top 25 yet. What the hell do you have to do? It's like the voters are saying, "we've given the Big East enough respect with WVU, Louisville, and Rutgers, that's plenty."

I love that covers has that article about Washington, that OSU line shows they aren't overrated. OSU hasn't shown a thing, Washington has, so OSU has that advantage .. I'm not sure if you guys remember, but he coached at Notre Dame and wasn't too great at getting his team ready for big games.

Bro...Weis is a better coach than Willingham, and he can't get that crappy Domer squad ready for big games either. It was never Willingham's fault...the Irish just suck.

north carolina, b. davis has this bunch of guys from last year playing like a team. And from rivals.com, b.davis is getting 4 and 5 star recruits to have registered visits from those types of players (i guess a player can only have so many, although i am unsure, wording on the article kind of confused me). Can only mean good things in the long term.

Cincinnati<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I don't know if they are better than GT...but they are better than the talking heads have given them credit for..

A leader at QB goes a long, long way in college football.

Back