The Miami Heat

BJPLAYER

Pretty much a regular
Still shaking my head over the game last night. I wonder if the grind of winning back to back has caught up to them physically or if it is to difficult to stay tough mentally for this long a term.

You can make a case they were lucky to win game 6 last year when down 5 with 28 seconds left Lebron gets a second chance at a three he had just missed and then ray hits the corner three…or you can rationalize that they were just that good.

Regardless they do not seem like the same team and I do not believe in the "we will just turn it on when we want" theory…although it does seem to be popular in recent years.

Their effort level was so poor last night that I wonder what it will take to get them up for a game if Kevin and the Thunder coming to their crib doesn't do it.

I would take the field against a three peat right now for a lot if available.

Well the heats depth is pretty bad but they are coasting. Lebron said that he loves playing against Durant because it brings out the competitive nature out of him lol.

I just think the team doesn't give a shit. They are pretty much locked in for the 2 seed and they're perfectly content with that. You shouldn't blame them. You should blame the shitty eastern conference.

I understand what you are saying and it is just one game but I would have expected a bigger effort last night if for no other reason than good old male ego

nba….wondering what your thoughts on the knicks/cavs tonight?

Knicks looking ahead to these Miami heat.... On Super Bowl Eve.....

and maybe the heat were looking ahead to it too.

Miami has beat OKC countless amount of times, I'm not surprised okc gave the better effort.

That was a laughable effort from the Meat last night. Bron ain't staying in South Beach. Stern has to be pleased with Durant, commish will make it OKC's year.

I try not to read too much into the regular season.. The regular season has become such a grind, it's all about the playoffs

They aren't going to have to exert much effort to get to the ECF.. I think they get past pacers but lose to anyone coming out of the west

Pacers beat them this season if they don't turn the ball over. It's that simple.

The key for OKC is when Russell gets back, does he make them better or worse. Froggy aka Reggie Jackson is a smarter player when it comes to running the point, Russell is super-talented but often-stupid and careless. Dude gonna have issues letting KD run shit on offense also, he is of the 'I need to get mine' mentality...

OKC is amazing.....even with westbrook out, they are rolling teams......that game yesterday was great to see....i put a little on them at almost 5 to 1 when they were down 22-4...came back with miami at plus money when okc went up, in hindsight shouldn't of come back too hard on miami as okc ran them out of the building

durant is absolutely unstoppable...reggie jackson is good but this team will even be better with russell...they are straight scary

brooks is obviously a great coach too...they are the favorite coming out of the west

agree with emkee in that indiana should beat miami this year....the east is so bad that my raptors are over 500

I heard someone the other day compare the heat/pacers to the kings/ lakers 2002. I thought it was a great comparison. Kings much like the pacers this year were the better regular season team, hell they should have won that series.

I think everybody is too quick to count out the heat.. Think pacers/ heat will be epic, but I'll take lebron with ref/nba help

I remember Peja, one of the best shooters we have seen miss an almost wide open three at the end in game 7, I think he air balled it.. Kings made all types of mistakes that game, pressure got to them

I'm not really sure why you guys are surprised by the heats effort. The team has no incentive at all to give effort. None. Blame the league. Not the team

emkee…i like jackson also…westbrook has always bothered me with his dysfunctional play in regards to distribution…he can get hot though

tazz..raps are looking pretty good this year….watched them the other night…decent team….my celts are real bad

braves…that kings/lal series…was that the one where the point guard for the kings was unconscious?…everything he threw up went in?

one of these times when the heat try to just turn it up a notch it ain't gonna work….maybe in the ecf

Back