The luckiest team in hockey gets another break

Gandolf

Leader of the Van Buren Boys
Winning the Crosby sweepstakes, well-timed tank jobs that don't backfire, the charmed life of the Pens continues:

Timonen out for playoffs with blood clot

By Tim Panaccio
INQUIRER STAFF WRITER
Flyers defenseman Kimmo Timonen was diagnosed with a blood clot in his left ankle today. He will be out for the remainder of the playoffs.
The diagnosis was made at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Timonen said.
"I got hit with a shot in Game 4 against Montreal," said Timonen, 33. "It's been getting sorer and sorer every day. We thought we'd get it checked out because it didn't get better and they found a blood clot.
"This was just an awful day for me. I played in Game 5 in Montreal, but it was really hurting me. I have to be honest: I didn't expect this result. How many times in your life do you get a chance to play for this, with a chance to go to the Stanley Cup Finals? This is just awful."
Timonen did not make the trip to Pittsburgh for tomorrow's start of the Eastern Conference finals against the Penguins.
The Flyers plan an announcement later tonight.
"We're still trying to get more information," said general manager Paul Holmgren.
Timonen is the club's best defenseman. He was expected to play against the Penguins' dangerous Evgeni Malkin in the series. His loss could have a huge impact on the Flyers' chances.

I didn't know Ed Snider was on this forum.

Everyone had a crack at the Crosby sweepstakes

Flyers have the Worst medical staff in the NHL.

:hang:
an_brick.gif
:hang:
an_brick.gif

Let's Go Pens.

=)

(Oh, and I hope this guy gets well soon, meaning, I hope he's 100% healthy for the start of next season.)

I can't believe it, the Pens vs. the Flyers for the EC and I'm stuck working with basically no way to see it.

This is almost as bad as if your Leafs were playing the Habs for the EC and you had to go on your honeymoon, Santa.

Ack.

I can't believe it, the Pens vs. the Flyers for the EC and I'm stuck working with basically no way to see it.

This is almost as bad as if your Leafs were playing the Habs for the EC and you had to go on your honeymoon, Santa.

Ack.

I'm sure Santa would postpone the honeymoon, or at least incorporate the games into the festivities. :popcorn:

I'm sure Santa would postpone the honeymoon, or at least incorporate the games into the festivities.

OK, so how do I do that with the West Virginia primary?

=)

I'm sure Santa would postpone the honeymoon, or at least incorporate the games into the festivities. :popcorn:

we did have a back up plan, but she didnt know it:tiphat:

Joe, I'd make the drive north one state into PA... or watch it on the net

Back