The Little 2 Conference

Be awesome if they implemented CFL rules

They should get rid of the garbage ass targeting!! Not the rule itself they should just get back to only calling the rare ones that are actually targeting and have mostly been eliminated from the game!! The rule did it’s job! I understood calling it the way they did at 1st but now it so rare we actually see a intentional targeting with player leading w his crown or launching himself! Now 90% of the ones called happen when the ball carrier target area changes in a split second before the hit! Or incidental contact w helmets. Can’t believe they not only still giving out way to impactful 15 yard penalties but booting kids from games which often changes the entire complexion of the game! Now that for the most part they have legislated out the kind of hits it was intended to prevent they need to loosen up!!

They should get rid of the garbage ass targeting!! Not the rule itself they should just get back to only calling the rare ones that are actually targeting and have mostly been eliminated from the game!! The rule did it’s job! I understood calling it the way they did at 1st but now it so rare we actually see a intentional targeting with player leading w his crown or launching himself! Now 90% of the ones called happen when the ball carrier target area changes in a split second before the hit! Or incidental contact w helmets. Can’t believe they not only still giving out way to impactful 15 yard penalties but booting kids from games which often changes the entire complexion of the game! Now that for the most part they have legislated out the kind of hits it was intended to prevent they need to loosen up!!
I'm not sold on that. Targeting is essential and it's not popular.

Knowing a bunch of Chiefs fans, most hate the rule but also have nothing to say when it comes to the Belchar issue. I'm 100% behind limiting concussions. It's a really bad subject, buddy is donating his brain to science when the time comes and he has zero empathy. Like it's just part of the job.

Man that has to change.

I'm not sold on that. Targeting is essential and it's not popular.

Knowing a bunch of Chiefs fans, most hate the rule but also have nothing to say when it comes to the Belchar issue. I'm 100% behind limiting concussions. It's a really bad subject, buddy is donating his brain to science when the time comes and he has zero empathy. Like it's just part of the job.

Man that has to change.

You misunderstanding what I was trying to say. Im not saying squash the rule to where it brings back all the hits we don’t want. Im
Just saying the rule has served its purpose Imo. We can still call it when it blatantly leading w helmet or launching into ball carrier. Im saying that 90% the ones now being called are not blatant at all, it’s incredibly rare to see a defender do those things anymore, wouldn’t you say? I think the rule did it’s job and we rarely see those kind of hits any longer. I want them to stop calling the majority that have none the intent of the past hits. Of course when it a blatant leading w helmet or launching to use helmet as a weapon you call those and boot the kid. I’m just saying I’d be willing to bet no more than 20% the ones being called these days are deserved, it so rare we see a kid leading w helmet and/or using as a weapon. There no place for those, I just think enforcement of the rule has changed the game for the better and now they slowing everything down frame by frame and booting kids/throwing flag on something that wasn’t his fault?!! So many times now the flag comes out on perfectly clean hits but just because they look violent! That what I want them to stop, I understood erring on side of caution at 1st, now days I don’t believe that necessary, that all im saying.

You misunderstanding what I was trying to say. Im not saying squash the rule to where it brings back all the hits we don’t want. Im
Just saying the rule has served its purpose Imo. We can still call it when it blatantly leading w helmet or launching into ball carrier. Im saying that 90% the ones now being called are not blatant at all, it’s incredibly rare to see a defender do those things anymore, wouldn’t you say? I think the rule did it’s job and we rarely see those kind of hits any longer. I want them to stop calling the majority that have none the intent of the past hits. Of course when it a blatant leading w helmet or launching to use helmet as a weapon you call those and boot the kid. I’m just saying I’d be willing to bet no more than 20% the ones being called these days are deserved, it so rare we see a kid leading w helmet and/or using as a weapon. There no place for those, I just think enforcement of the rule has changed the game for the better and now they slowing everything down frame by frame and booting kids/throwing flag on something that wasn’t his fault?!! So many times now the flag comes out on perfectly clean hits but just because they look violent! That what I want them to stop, I understood erring on side of caution at 1st, now days I don’t believe that necessary, that all im saying.
And I'm not sure it's served its purpose

Gong show defenders still launch and beg to be DQ'd. It's not really a fun thing to do with people who think that it's just great football

No it's not, these assholes like to be weapons and that simply has no place in the game. They are the worse of the worse. Using your body armor to destroy someone is pretty much a thug move.

Much like when the MTN West broke away from the WAC. This is what I would do.

1) Oregon St
2) Wazzu
3) Boise St
4) San Diego St
5) Fresno St
6) Air Force
7) UNLV
8) SJSU
9) Nevada
10) SJSU

Back