• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

The Lions host Atlanta... and why this is such a HUGE game for Detroit...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
I made this statement a few days ago, and I know there were a few eyebrows raised around this part of town.

Fair enough.

Let us talk about the last 10+ months or so...

Detroit hit rock bottom with the loss at home last October 30th to the Miami Dolphins. They couldn't stop anything, and the fanbase was frustrated. From there though, they got hot and frankly only missed the playoffs due to some shoddy officiating in Seattle on the final Sunday of the regular season. The amount of excitement that finish to the season generated was something else in this area. A slew of excellent signings and the hype was gaining more steam! After a controversial draft night, the Kool-Aid became strong again as we headed into the summer. Armed with a manageable schedule, that included some showcase games, the Lions hype was alive and well locally and nationally.

The Kool-Aid only has intensified as the summer progressed. For the first time in franchise history, they have sold out all tickets before the season started. Unprecedented stuff! Then the unthinkable happened... the comeback win in KC on national TV to start out the season.

The scene then shifted to Ford Field for last week's home opener vs the Seahawks. We all know how that affair went. Plenty of mistakes, some interesting officiating and an OT heartbreaker. That was a rabid crowd in downtown Detroit last weekend. They were ready to tear that roof off. Despite the loss, the hype is still there. I think frankly that anyone not being satisfied with 1-1 after two weeks was asking for a bit too much. The problem is that was not the order that many would expect.

During these first two weeks, the injury bug has hit pretty hard. There are significant injuries on both sides of the ball. With that being said, this seems to be a league wide issue right now. The key is to have depth and persevere.

So, now I can tell you why this is such a big game. I have summed up how much hype there is for this season. This team expects to win the Norris and make the playoffs. They expect to host a playoff game. There is a lot on the line here. Now, was last year a bigger step in the rebuild than expected? YES. Has the timeline moved? ABSOLUTELY. The bottom line is, this team has talent on offense and made moves defensively to compete on that side...

This begins a short week for Detroit, with a huge division game at Lambeau on Thursday Night Football. After today. they play ONE home game until the MNF game on October 30th.

You simply cannot...

1. Start 0-2 at home
2. Start 1-2 after winning AT KC
3. A loss here, and the pressure is immense on TNF in Green Bay.
4. With how this schedule is constructed, they really need to make hay these first 8 games, 5-3 is needed in order to accomplish their goals.
5. A bad defensive performance, and the heat to replace Glenn will intensify.
6. The fanbase will start to turn.

The Lions weakness is in the pass defense. They luckily face a very average, at best, passing game. Concentrate on keeping Bijan in check, and get the win. I think they will be crisper

on offense (hence, what my play will be again).

Predicting a tense one, but a win, 30-22 is what I have capped.

HOPEFULLY.

Otherwise, things could snowball.

img_2410.jpg

That schedule part is interesting, I liked em before noticing it, but gotta start hot with the road schedule in October

The weakness on d like you say is at the back which Falcons aren't elite at exploiting

lines on both side of ball are a strength, which is where Falcons usually have an advantage and run a gameplan around it

Usually what fans think represents what the players think whether we like it or not

This game is far from must win but the situation is very, very good

@B.A.R. Injuries a worry? Montgomery and StBrown? I'm seeing reports StBrown is playing, but wonder if he is 100%?

@B.A.R. Injuries a worry? Montgomery and StBrown? I'm seeing reports StBrown is playing, but wonder if he is 100%?
ASB has a bum toe and there were cramp issues last week. Steel toe in his shoe I believe today.

He might have some reduced snaps but expected to play.

Montgomery out for a few weeks.

ASB has a bum toe and there were cramp issues last week. Steel toe in his shoe I believe today.

He might have some reduced snaps but expected to play.

Montgomery out for a few weeks.

Turf toe is pretty much impossible to predict, you would think it a lessor version seeing how he gonna play but I’m not sure that is always accurate?. Guys w a high pain threshold think they can play on it, sometimes they can but seems like it becomes a bigger problem the more some guys play w it. “Turf toe” doesn’t sound all that menacing but it has totally ruined guys seasons!!

I like your boys regardless, bout time some reality came falcons way, a team w Desmond Ridder playing qb shouldn’t and won’t have a winning record no matter how much watered down garbage in the league!!!!

Montgomery being out could turn into a blessing in disguise I think, if it leads to more snaps for gibbs I say it not all bad!

Defense playing great.

0-3 for me in early games.

Gonna take the medicine till tomorrow night.

(Do have a jags 2h TT obviously auto bet)

Detroit side gave me a nice Saturday

This thread also helped me talk a guy off a bet on ATL that he really would’ve stung him until payday….sometimes the best bets are the ones not made.

Good stuff bro

Think that game was pretty good proof of what I said bout falcons, you aint going nowhere w Ridder at qb! I don’t care how many nice pieces they have, at some point in this league you need your qb to stand back and make throws! The parts I watched it was incredibly obvious Ridder can’t do that!

Back