The Landscape of the NBA

Marlo

Check out my DAD BOD
Do you guys like what you're seeing? The old guards seem to be getting pushed aside to the younger teams....look at mid season right now. Atlanta and GS lead the East/West. Teams like LA, NY are struggling, and with out significant changes in the off season will continue to do so. Teams like SA, DAL, LAC, and Chicago are all playing well, but behind some of the "younger" teams. Chicago/Cleveland would be in race for the playoffs out West.

I think its great to see teams like GS, Atlanta, Toronto, Wash, Memphis, Portland all in the top half of their conferences.

I think the NBA has a tonnnnnnnn of young talent, and is definitely headed in a great direction.

What do you like about the Current NBA landscape, and what do you look forward to?

Nice to see you in the NBA forum - dont see you here too much :)

Short on time but quick response- the last 3/5 years has been solid for the nba. The pace of the game (most important to me) has picked up significantly across the league. As a fan i cant stand watching 85-80 games.. that is not good defense , that is poor offense (though many argue the other but dont watch the games, or have played at a high enough level to understand)..
Agree lots of young talent - ...The teams you mentioned above,, have done a nice job of drafting and building a competitive roster in this salary cap era...
think you will see GS (added depth and defense) vs memphis and on the other side - Toronto vs Bulls- and then Bulls vs grizz in finals..

Agree regarding you insane youth talent. It's gonna be great. All of these players are under 30

Jeff Teague
Al Horford
Derrick Rose
Kyrie Irving
Greg Monroe
Stephen Curry
Klay Thompson
James Harden
Dwight Howard
Chris Paul
Blake Griffin
Andrew Wiggins
Brandon Knight
Anthony Davis
Russell Westbrook
Kevin Durant
Nerlens Noel
Eric Bledsoe
Damian Lillard
Lamarcus Aldridge
DeMarcus Cousins
DeMar DeRozan
John Wall
Bradley Beal

I'm sure I named a few guys who won't be stars, a few who are on the older side from a minutes standpoint and I'm sure I missed a few who will be stars but that's a hell of a young core for the league

Great post Marly...

This is so different wrt to the conference leaders.

The game has evolved well.

I think Silver will be a gamechanger.

Less b-b games will be great. The joke games where one team is playing 4 in 5 and the other is on 2 days rest will be vanishing.

Agree w this, but really really want them to reduce the amount of games. I think the product would be that much better, but I know it prob won't happen bc that would mean less $ to certain important parties...but I love what Atl is doing and enjoy them as much as watching GS

Back