The Lamar Odom Conspiracy Theory

CharlieBX

Friend of CTG
Ok, was watching the game on TV and I was a bit intrigued how Lamar Odom finished the game. Didn't have anything on this game, was actually flipping between this and the local news. Anyways just wanted to share my crazy thinking here.

Throughout the game the few times he took the ball aggressively to the basket was when they need the points because the Spurs had made the game close. That's fine.

However his play in the last 2 minutes really draws some suspicion.

With that being said, on comes the conspiracy theory lol.

4:53 Lamar Odom made 2 point shot
3:46 Lamar Odom made 2 point shot
3:11 Lamar Odom 3 point miss
1:36 Lamar Odom 2 point miss
1:33 Lamar Odom 2 point miss (Michael Finley fouls)
1:33 Lamar Odom misses FT
1:33 Lamar Odom makes FT
0:10 Lamar Odom misses FT
0:10 Lamar Odom misses FT

When he scored his basket at 4:53 it made the score from 93-86 to 95-86. The game was still in doubt. When he scored his basket at 3:46 it pushed the score from 97-86 to 99-86 pretty much stretching it out and at that time mark imo closes the game.

Now ok, the game was over and whatnot BUT what honestly caught my eye was the fact suddenly Lamar takes over the ball and starts doing his own thing. The miss at 1:36 was off a drive to the basket but for those that saw it didn't it seem to u like as he reached up to the basket to lay the ball in that he instead angles his wrist over as if flicking the ball to the basket? The miss at 1:33 was on a fastbreak in which he drove the ball at Michael Finley and he got up and over Finley and again instead of just letting the ball come off his fingertips like a natural fingerroll (which we seem him do all the time) he again angles his wrist a bit and again winds up flicking the ball off the backboard. Odd that with a big lead and the game clock winding down that he'd drive it one-on-one. I could see if it was a breakaway wide open dunk then yah, we see it all the time. But Finley had gotten back on D and Odom still went right at him...in fact I believe that's why Finley was jawing at him after he fouled him because he was upset that Lamar was still attacking. However, if Odom had not attacked being up 9 with 1 minute left, who's to say how much time would've run off the clock? Whatever the case he made just 1 of 2 FTs. Now, with 10 seconds left didn't it seem like Odom backed himself into Brent Barry a bit? I understand why Barry reached in and fouled, cause shit...if a guy was slowly dribbling back into me I'd go for it too. Almost as if he was enticing Barry to just foul him. It seemed like Barry was going to kind of just hover over him and let the game end, but as Odom drew closer he figures to just try and reach in. And he proceeds to miss both FTs, the 2nd one with horrible form as he drew his right leg back an awhile lot and had completely zero follow-through on his shot.

It just seemed out of sync to me the way Odom finished the game.

Hehe...came up with all that folks...and I'm sober! LOL! Well, gnite everyone!

:cheers:

Lamar is from queens and we have a few mutual friends. All I will say is that its not below him to fix a game if the paper was right.

Yah, just wanted to share. It just seemed really out of sorts how the last 2 minutes were played out by Odom.

People will say "So you're saying it was a fix? Hey, if Finley doesn't hit the shot with 2 secs left then the Lakers still cover so no way was it a fix."

I agree, BUT that certainly doesn't eliminate the fact Odom's role could've just been to "do whatever YOU can to get the cover in the end".

Tim Donaghy did not fix the actual game by making completely biased calls but instead provided people with inside information about relationships and viewpoints.

There is more than one type of fix and more than one way to fix a game right?

There is more than one type of fix and more than one way to fix a game right?

exactly BX

Now, I will make no accusations. This has happened in NBA for eons. But, thats why I always vouched for the shadiness.

No doubt about it.

I personaly have a tough time getting mad about Lamar..for anything..with how his life has changed in recent years. Takes a real man to even be out there. Don't know if I could do it myself.

i just watched the sequence again.

that first layup he missed was at the 1:20 mark and bowen flashed a hand in front of his face and then oberto likely hit him on the arm when he went up.

and that final foul was all on barry. odom got inside position slightly but he obviously had no intention of driving.

i don't think he's shady, he just stopped giving a fuck and lost concentration. its the reason why hes the most versatile player in the league and has never made an all star game. mentally soft.

Odom didnt fix the game guys lol.

Im a Lakers fan. He just sucks. He doesnt think straight. Most unconsistant player in the NBA. He should be good for 20-12-5 a game but something is wrong with him. Instead of going to the bucket he shoots jumpers and misses, his 3 pt game sucks. He is a guarenteed to miss 1 out of 2 ft's. Instead of finishing when he does go to the hoop he tries weak ass layups or tear drop shit. He's fukin tall dunk the fukin ball.

He just sucks and single handley costed lakers backers no fix lol.

I will say refs didnt help it. There was alot of non calls both ways. Refs were letting them play. But those fuckin 3 balls by the spurs they chuked like 35 of them

I will say refs didnt help it. There was alot of non calls both ways. Refs were letting them play. But those fuckin 3 balls by the spurs they chuked like 35 of them

as soon as bynum got kicked out of the game, everyone started helping inside and left the perimeter wide open. that ejection was bullshit.

as soon as bynum got kicked out of the game, everyone started helping inside and left the perimeter wide open. that ejection was bullshit.

yeAH that was huge. If Bynum was in there late spurs dont get those 2nd chance buckets. Bynum would have got the boards

Wasn't it a different ref too that called the 2nd tech on Bynum? I was pretty surprised at that. Can't remember the last time I saw two different refs give a player a tech within a minute.

cog...looking at your sig....

Just a discussion..Kid has had an unreal year personally..but team sucks..Nash has been nash..but if GSW keeps going along nice I say he deserves it..as far as best first half PG

tough in west at guard position...

deron,cp3,the baron, nash, kb24, iverson

Wasn't it a different ref too that called the 2nd tech on Bynum? I was pretty surprised at that. Can't remember the last time I saw two different refs give a player a tech within a minute.

yup. the one guy T'd him up and then turned his back to bynum. the other ref saw bynum's reaction.

what sucked was the reaction was nothing. it obviously wasn't verbal, just body language. very weak call.

a very weak ejection..although it fired LA up IMO a bit.and LA bench won this game first 6 minutes of 4th

cog...looking at your sig....

Just a discussion..Kid has had an unreal year personally..but team sucks..Nash has been nash..but if GSW keeps going along nice I say he deserves it..as far as best first half PG

tough in west at guard position...

deron,cp3,the baron, nash, kb24, iverson

yeah i can't argue with Nash as the starting pg. just want BD in even if he has to come off the bench. but who do you leave out? I think the top 3 in the west are Nash, Davis, and D-Will. Chris Paul is pretty good tho.

Back