The Kids are back! College football 2024

RBD

College football season is finally here.

Class is back in session.

The Battle with the Books begins anew.

“Once more unto the breach.”

“Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.”

“Sound trumpets and let our bloody colours wave. And either victory or else a grave!”

“I’ll fight till from my bones my flesh be hacked,
or my betting account monies be emptied!”

Only one of those lines is not from Bill S.
Guess which.

Anyway...

Today I'm on Miss -41.

Yes, it's a high number. Really high. I usually lean towards Unders because that's where I have the most success, but when I have a high percentage on a play I don't care what the number is. And this situational spot for week 1 only games is 16-8, 67%, over the last 4 years, and 4-2 this year. (Note - I am NOT saying my record is 4-2, I'm saying the record of the play is 4-2. It's like if I said, "The NY Liberty are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games." I'm not saying I'm 8-2, I'm merely pointing out a stat that supports my play on a game.)

The first couple weeks of any sport is difficult to handicap because you don’t really have a lot of stats to work with. And this is especially true of college football in these days of the transfer portal. You can give some weight to coaching tendencies (as I do in this game) but not so much for the teams themselves because of high player turnover.

So where did I get this play from? It's just one of about a dozen I've developed over the years and track and chart each season.

And yeah, it's a lot of points.
But if you're going to lay a lot of points, Lane's the man you want to do it with.
He knows why college teams put an FCS sacrificial lamb at the start of their schedule.
And he has no problem slaughtering them.

Last year's lamb? Mercer. Score? 73-7

Two years ago? Central Arkansas. Score? 59-3

Three years ago? Austin Peay. Score? 54-17

Next up - Furman.

USC Un 7' (+100) Regular Season Wins

(And F me for the long write-up. In between when I started writing this and finished editing and posting, the lines has gone up 1'!)

The play is Miss -42'.

Thanks, Carolina, Cavs, and Steed.
Same to you.

B.A.R,
First game of the season doesn't make or break an RSW but tomorrow night's contest is pretty big as it will give an indicator of what the season is going to be like for USC facing new opponents.
I'm confident about the analysis I shared in LVMike's thread but it's a game that I have marked as a sure L, if USC wins it I'm going to need to find another W where I wasn't expecting one. I thought the line would stay the same or go up a hook or so, but it's dropped. Either way, looking like a fun game to watch.

Hunt,
I'm straight but I could dig having a beer with Buddy Cole.

Thanks, Carolina, Cavs, and Steed.
Same to you.

B.A.R,
First game of the season doesn't make or break an RSW but tomorrow night's contest is pretty big as it will give an indicator of what the season is going to be like for USC facing new opponents.
I'm confident about the analysis I shared in LVMike's thread but it's a game that I have marked as a sure L, if USC wins it I'm going to need to find another W where I wasn't expecting one. I thought the line would stay the same or go up a hook or so, but it's dropped. Either way, looking like a fun game to watch.

Hunt,
I'm straight but I could dig having a beer with Buddy Cole.
Good stuff

Thanks, B.A.R

Record (college): 1-0
Last week:
"If you're going to lay a lot of points, Lane's the man you want to do it with.
He knows why college teams put an FCS sacrificial lamb at the start of their schedule.
And he has no problem slaughtering them."

Final score? 76-0.
Goodnight, Clarice.
(Most (?) won't get that reference, but there it is anyway.)

NEXT!

This week I'm buying N. Ill/N. Dame Over.
This play is from one of the three formulas I use to 'cap totals and it says this game stays Under
The play was 0-2 last week, 12-15 LY (Last Year.)
The combined two year record (for the play, NOT my record of plays bought and/or recommended) is now 12-17, a 58% Fade.
Anything I chart that is 58% or > is a buy for me.

Aside from my numbers, gut feel tells me it's going to be a ND blowout and they'll get me almost all of what I need.
They avg'd 43 PPG at home LY and I see them putting up a similar number in this game.

The opening 46 is down to 44' so I'll monitor my screens and wait to buy it.
Worse case likely 44', and I'm good with that number for this spot.

Last week the Irish only scored 23 vs Tex A&M in a 23-13 game.
The Huskies beat up on FCS opponent W. Ill, 54-15.
Not a lot to go on, not really relevant, but . . . there's this:
The Huskies are competitive in the MAC (who doesn't love early weekday Maction??!!) but there's a reason they don't often venture out of their conference to play a top 25 team:
2019 lost to #13 Utah 17-35
2021 lost to #25 Michigan 10-63
2022 lost to #8 Kentucky 23-31

Three games in the last five years.
Three losses.
And all of them saw more points than I need in this one.
See a pattern for the Huskies? I do - stay in your lane, puppies. Or get spanked.

I don't like taking an Ov in a game where the scoring may be one-sided (I'll be happy if the Huskies score in the 10-13 range) but my play says Fade the Un so I'm sticking with my numbers and a little "gut feel" mixed in.

Back