The Keeper Dilemma

~Utah

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
In a keeper league where you lose draft picks based on who you keep and what round they went in last year. I have Zeke and Hopkins. Most of the good rbs (if not all) will probably be kept; and there just isn’t a ton of depth. But Hopkins with Watkins last year just looked too good

Basically who should I keep

How do you lose the draft picks though? As in if Zeke was a 1st last year,do you lose your first this year keeping him? Something like that, Alex?

How do you lose the draft picks though? As in if Zeke was a 1st last year,do you lose your first this year keeping him? Something like that, Alex?

If you keep a 1st round pick, yes you lose a 1st round pick. Otherwise, you lose draft picks based on the previous years performance. A simple example - if I am deciding to keep my last year 5th rd pick, I would lose my 4th rd pick this year. However, if they were in the top 20 for their position for points last year, I would lose my 3rd. If they were in the top 10, I would lose my 2nd. You can't keep two players that would qualify as a 1st rd pick, hence my dilemma. Incidentally I also have Brandin Cooks who I kept last year...he was a 4th rd pick last year and because hes in the top 10, he would also be a 1st rd pick if I choose to keep him (I wouldnt)

Also, is there a max / min number of keepers per team?

You can keep a max of 3 players and there are 16 rounds. I picked up Juju undrafted last year, so I would lose my 16th rd pick (I don't think hes in the top 20). I also drafted Spencer Ware last year as my 16th rd pick, assuming he would end up being a starter this year. It looks like he won't be the starter but feels like he wouldn't be a bad pick up for the 15th rd.

Heres some other possibilities I'm not too optimistic about , and what draft pick it would cost me. Im def keeping Juju though

Joe Mixon - 2nd rd
Derek Carr - 12th rd
Paul Richardson - 15th rd
Aaron Jones - 15th rd
Sterling Shepard -14th rd

What

With the likelihood of who will be kept I don't see how you can't keep Elliott and give up the pick, he's likely going to be better than whatever you would get there anyway

OK here is my keeper scenario. Thoughts?

PPR. 12 teams. QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR/TE flex, K, D. Lose that draft pick for keeper position.

4 - Brees
5 - McCafferey
6 - Landry
7 - Baldwin
8 - Mixon
15 - Wentz

PPR. 12 teams. QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR/TE flex, K, D. Lose that draft pick for keeper position.

4 - Brees
5 - McCafferey
6 - Landry
7 - Baldwin
8 - Mixon
15 - Wentz
In a 1 QB only league, I'd probably prefer a 15th rd Wentz. CMC and Baldwin are definite keepers. Obviously Landry is good in a PPR league, but I worry about TD's and a drop in production with whoever is throwing in Cleveland. I'd probably keep him though anyway, as he should gobble up near 90-100 catches either way.

4 - Brees
5 - McCafferey
6 - Landry
7 - Baldwin
8 - Mixon
15 - Wentz

You're never getting McCaffrey in PPR in round 5 or Mixon in round 8.

Wentz may not even start the season, Baldwin has value but has a banged up knee, Brees at 4 is too high to keep and Landry could be great, but we don't know what the Brownie offense is going to look like

In PPR especially, I think if you have the option to keep multiple guys in order I'd go McCaffrey, Mixon, Baldwin and probably wouldn't keep anyone else.

With the structure of your rules, think it's pretty much an absolute to keep Zeke and if you can keep multiple guys, Zeke & Hopkins makes the most sense....never going to get them lower in a redrafting situation.

Sorry, can only keep 1 guy.

Then I would view it this way....which is less likely....getting McCaff in round 5 this year or getting Mixon in round 8 this year. If you trust CMcCaff, I'd keep him at 5...if you think Mixon has upside behind a Bengals rebuilt O-Line, then I'd probably go him. Can't really go wrong with either one of them as they're both huge values.

Think I'm going with mccaff. Trust him more with being involved in the offense and think he'll be great for ppr again. Mixon still a bit unknown with how he'll do and may primarily run the ball.

Think I'm going with mccaff. Trust him more with being involved in the offense and think he'll be great for ppr again. Mixon still a bit unknown with how he'll do and may primarily run the ball.

Id keep him as well. You keep him with the 5th and take a top rb with your 1st and your set at rb. You can then load up on wr on 2 and 3 while others scramble for rb.

Keeping Mixon is tempting though at 8

Just feel McCaff is more integrated into the offense and producing already, while Mixon still needs to prove it

jonny utah keep zeke and hope to get Nuk in the 2nd round if all the others have been keeping their early picks. For the other two i'd keep Aaron Jones and Juju

4 - Brees
5 - McCafferey
6 - Landry
7 - Baldwin
8 - Mixon
15 - Wentz

mccaffrey or mixon, not sure who i'd prefer but if i had to pick i'd go mccaffrey

Id keep him as well. You keep him with the 5th and take a top rb with your 1st and your set at rb. You can then load up on wr on 2 and 3 while others scramble for rb.

Keeping Mixon is tempting though at 8
Just found out I have #1 in draft. Bell or Zeke?

Kinda splitting hairs imo, hard to even project who has the easier schedule anymore

Only Cowboys don't have a 1st place schedule of the three whatever that's worth

bell hasn't scored many TDs and is older with better offensive weapons that will steal points from him

I'm also considering his poor attitude and motivation this year.
I consider that as well

Would probably go

Zeke
Gurley
Bell
DJ

DJ should be fresh and get a bunch of dump offs with new QBs but understand the concern coming off the injury

Back