The importance of INTEGRITY

RBD

The majority of site visitors at most sports forums don't post themselves, they come to read posts.

The majority of these readers don't 'cap their own games, they look for other handicappers to tail.

Therefore, integrity is key.

1) It protects site visitors from losing money by betting on scamdicappers posing as posters, using fake records and pretending they win when they do not.

2) It encourages growth and participation, as most sports bettors prefer exchanging game info/stats/picks with people who are honest, as opposed to posters trying to con them out of their money.

Most forum owners do not understand the basic business principle of "Treat your customers with respect and you'll have a customer for life. Serve them up as sheep to be preyed on by wolves and you'll lose them."
This is one reason why most forums are failing, or have already failed and disappeared. It's why some are reduced to the same 3-4 guys talking to each other (and two of them are mods using aliases to make it seem like they have traffic.)

I contend that posters who alert other forum members about frauds provide a much needed service to forums.
For bettors who tail others, like most forum visitors, this info is just as valuable as a post with picks and analysis.

Many sports betting forums do not have integrity, in fact, most don't.
I'm relieved and happy to have finally found one that does.

I'll post picks, analysis, wagering strategies, money management tips, and handicapping methods (I dislike the word "systems") I've developed over the years.
And hopefully, more winners than losers.
I aim to become a valued contributor here.

Good luck to you this upcoming football season.
RBD

The majority of site visitors at most sports forums don't post themselves, they come to read posts.

The majority of these readers don't 'cap their own games, they look for other handicappers to tail.

Therefore, integrity is key.

1) It protects site visitors from losing money by betting on scamdicappers posing as posters, using fake records and pretending they win when they do not.

2) It encourages growth and participation, as most sports bettors prefer exchanging game info/stats/picks with people who are honest, as opposed to posters trying to "con them out of their money".

Most forum owners do not understand the basic business principle of "Treat your customers with respect and you'll have a customer for life. Serve them up as sheep to be preyed on by wolves and you'll lose them."
This is one reason why most forums are failing, or have already failed and disappeared. It's why some are reduced to the same 3-4 guys talking to each other (and two of them are mods using aliases to make it seem like they have traffic.)

I contend that posters who alert other forum members about frauds provide a much needed service to forums.
For bettors who tail others, like most forum visitors, this info is just as valuable as a post with picks and analysis.

Many sports betting forums do not have integrity, in fact, most don't.
I'm relieved and happy to have finally found one that does.

I'll post picks, analysis, wagering strategies, money management tips, and handicapping methods (I dislike the word "systems") I've developed over the years.
And hopefully, more winners than losers.
I aim to become a valued contributor here.

Good luck to you this upcoming football season.
RBD

Nice writeup. Its the substance of what its made of that matters.

Im a deep historical and current statistical data handicapper.

What sports are you going to post about?
NFL?
College Foots?
Bases?
NBA?
College baskets?

IN your 19 years of experience what were your usernames at other locations that you claim to have been at - to experience all the wrong doings at other forums?

Are you still posting this "Integrity" sermon at those other locations?

We dont need the sites you were at - - just your username at all of them.

After all.... The title of" Integrity" should also include who you were elsewhere.?

No secrets needed here. It diminishes the Integrity of the poster. I Agree with your assessment of aliases/scamdi-cappers/con men.

Thats why we should know here at CTG who you were elsewhere. Its fair to the members here.
Many forum newbies are usually some other name in the past - and want a fresh start either for being banned or just to get away from their original posting records, or past encounters that weren't favorable to the poster.

It could validate your own 19 yer experience you say you've had - which would be helpful to followers here.
Most posters don't come into forums for the first time and talk about years of experience and not have any background, to come with it.

When CTG was born - many of us came from a site(BuryTheBook) that was shut down.
We were invited, because of our posting records.
Fondy (who sadly passed - is no longer with us), made this site what it was when it started. He is still missed today. The owners here are all about integrity as well and managed CTG well over the years.

So-
Posting a solid thread about "Integrity" is a great start, but making that your Introduction here, is much like "Schooling members" here, who have been at this for over 20-30 years.

I can say with all relativity - everyone here could learn something here from you, which would be plus.
But your background matters.. Just as much as your integrity of your experience - and like you said above -. this info is just as valuable as a post with picks and analysis.

Welcome!

I Appreciate feedback,
You presented All solid topics.

Back