The Huskies arnt getting any love over the birds

ghostnmyhead

On The Grind Stacking Big Faces
I don't understand this game one bit. I'am scratching my head wondering how the public is all over the villes. yes, the Cards dismantled K-state last week, but it was due to the fact how poorly K-state travels; not because the cards are a better team.On friday night we have two great teams coming out of the big east, which i think is a joke btw. Im no way sold on this Ville defense. This should be Uconn first test at a legimate D, and vice versa for the villes.

Uconn +3.5 (50 units)
uconn ML (25 units)
under 51.5 (15 units)

Here's some reasons why...

1. The game is being played in Papa John's stadium. The Cardinals are 22-3 SU in their last 25 games at home. This bodes well for Louisville backers, since the Cards are only favored by a field goal.

2. It's a Friday Nighter (nationally televised). Pretty much impossible for the home team not to be UP for the task.

3. This is a REVENGE game for Louisville, as the Cardinals lost a tough one at UConn 17-21 last year. Many (including myself) feel the Cards were robbed by a horrible blown call by the officials. Louisville would have WON that game. Just another reason for the Cardinals to come out angry and hungry for some redemption.

4. Louisville (2-1) has looked good since their Week 1 loss. The Cards in contention for the Big East, and have a chance to make a statement and chalk a monster win against UConn.

5. UConn (has a one dimensional offense (Brown and the running game). Combine this with the fact that Lorenzen has not been playing well...

Tyler Lorenzen's stats thru four games...

50/85 (58.8%) for 519 yds (130 yds/game) 1 TD & 6 INTs

6. UConn's schedule has been a complete joke to this point...

Hofstra (1-2), Temple (1-3), Virginia (1-2), & Baylor (2-1) (combined record of 5-9)

7. Louisville's schedule has been anything but a complete joke...

Kentucky (3-0), Tennessee Tech (3-2), Kansas State (2-1) (combined record of 8-3)

8. The Cardinals defense has given up an average of 42 yards/game on the ground. All 3 of their previous opponents have effective ground games, yet were shut down by the Cardinals. Brown will face 8-9 in the box, just about every down. Conversely, UConn is giving up nearly 100 yards/game on the ground, at home, to inferior opponents thus far.

I guess that's all I can think of for now.

:shake:

Uconn is a horrible road team on a current run of 1-10 ATS getting more than 3 on the road. Plus 2-6 ats in all games.

Why the Lou love?

Last 25 games are irrelevant in my mind. Team completely changed under Kragthorpe and they are 6-3 SU at home since he was named coach. Notice that all three losses in the last 25 games also came in the last 12, too. At home against the Big East under Kragthorpe, UL is 2-1.

I haven’t bought the “revenge” angle. South Carolina should have beat Vandy based on revenge, too, and that South Carolina loss last year was much more meaningful.

Louisville looked good against Tennessee Tech and a horribly overrated Kansas State team that can’t tackle, gets blown off the ball, and is full of undisciplined, fundamentally weak JUCO players. UConn is undefeated and in a better position in the Big East, imo.

UConn’s offense IS one dimensional. And no one has been able to even remotely slow it down.

Looking at opponents record is also irrelevant. IMO, Baylor would beat Kentucky and would beat K-State. Kentucky’s only meaningful win was over Louisville. Let’s not pat them on the back for beating Norfolk State and barely surviving Middle Tennessee. Same for K-State. Congrats on humiliating North Texas and Montana State. You get a gold star! Temple, Virginia and Baylor have all lost to ranked teams and UConn. Is Virginia bad? Yes. Is Temple bad? You bet. But don’t make the mistake of devaluing them based on Louisville’s opponents.

As for UConn’s rush defense, I think it is also being overvalued at this point. They haven’t yet faced a “we’re going to run the ball down your throat” offense. K-St is not a running team. Kentucky is not some hard-nosed rushing offense.

This game, to me, is very interesting. I think Louisville is getting way to much credit for beating a very overrated Kansas State squad. As for UConn, I think the close win against Baylor is being used against them, but Baylor is a COMPLETELY different team than Louisville. When Hunter Cantwell runs the zone-read as well as Robert Griffin, then we can talk.

In the end, this is a no-play for me because of the fact that I think both teams have way too much to prove before I can make a comfortable read on either.

Uconn on 1-10 road dog of more than 3 since 2004 and on current 2-6 ATS roll. Bad road tyeam!

Sweet Ghost, UCONN is the correct play, albeit once again the unpopular, unlikely play, I concur, let's CASH.

Good Luck fellas . Not sure where Louisville is the overwhelming popular play . I see low 60's if your using betting %s . To me thats about normal . Really when your 50/50 your looking at more dog action IMO since people are naturally inclined to play the favorite based on think the favorite is better (hence why they are favored) . So 60/40 is "normal" balanced action in my eyes ...

Anyway had UConn last year and going with the Ville here . I dont get some of the comparisions . Like South Car was supossed to get revenge on Vandy but they didnt ? There is no mid level team I would ever say is in a revenge spot playing on another teams homefield . Revenge is about being able to have all the little things on your side not walking into someone's stadium saying they beat us last year and I am mad so we are gonna beat them next year . So I dont agree with that cause not ease to dictate a game on the road . Here Louisville lost a tough game which as I said on that FRIDAY had UConn . Everything went UConns way and the loss of home field alone puts the chances at them catching the little breaks here much much lower . So revenge is abount incentive and motivation but would think 95% of the teams need Home Field as well to qualify .

Second is talking about Louisville schedule . I have to say Kragthorpe COACHED last year like a gambler Or someone out to prove something and put his stamp on a team . He made so many outrageous calls gambing with his offense he let his team down IMO . I am not sold Louisville was beat in most of there losses as much as thety beat themselves.

The #1 problem vs Kentucky was the offense and it seems to have straightened itself . Especially with Mr. Anderson running the ball . Plus it was game 1 of the year sometimes shit just happens they clearly have improved .

Who has UConn played at all ? They looked like shit @ Temple and the Owls have disappointed IMO so nothing positive there . Baylor had a freshman QB and relatively no defensive ability and almost won @ UConn . Something no road team has done , win a weekday game. UVA ? Dont get me started there at this point are one of the worst if not the worst team from a major division . While Louisville's schedule has been basically the same facing an overrated Kansas State team still would think that was better then anything Uconn played . Baylor is improving each week so dont tell me the Bears are the same team that played Wake at home in week 1 and got a charity win vs WSU . Who is actually the worst D1 team . Each team is still a work in progress.

One thing is clear UConn has struggled @ QB especially with INTs . There is no excuse for 6 vs that competition .

Its going to be interesting I prefer the HOME TEAM here who has shown improvement where UConn has two 2 pt wins over its real opponents . Huskies have the chance to win alot of games because of Brown and there running attack so I am not doubting them just think to much praise for a team with lackluster opposition and narrow wins where they were outplayed both times...

I dont Louisville took Syracuse seriously after that devasting loss to Kentucky on the road BTW. Utah followed another good team you just cant show up versus and exect to win and not sure they believed much in themselves midway through 2007 or they did alittle to much. Last year the weather played a role when you realize the VILLE were real terrible at running the ball playing a Huskie team that wants to hand it off as much as possible......Still TOP was nearly 35-25 in favor of the Cards !!! There INTS were killer ....

Im the end Mort has some great points about alot of stories being told here tonight . Which btw I do like the UNDER ......:cheers:

:shake:

very solid points all :shake:. If i can recall that temple came should be thrown out, that game was having serious weather conditions."you control the clock you control the game". You guys are absolutely correct this ville offense is getting better, but Uconn's game plan is to control the clock by running the ball.In Uconn last 4 games they had the ball 131/106 minutes. The huskies had atleast 5-10 minutes in each game more then their opponent(except the baylor game). All this talk that the villes D-rush is ranked 2 in the nation blah blah blah! The teams the ville played didnt even rush that much. Kent attempt rushed 33\ for 63 yards, ttech 22\ for 33 yard, and dont get me started on k-state a horrid 12\ for 30 yard. You cant compare the villes D-rush against Uconn rushing attack, because the ville has seen nothing like it. This uconn team is one dimensional we all know that, but the huskies are still going to pound it down your throat.Uconn slamed it down on the ground 197 times! for 1118 yards! I dont care who you are if your pounding the d-line that much, their going to get tired. brown is going to break that d-line apart the whole 2nd half. We all know that Uconn's QB sucks at throwing, so its going to be simple hes not going to throw. hes going to try to throw a few, but all in all i dont see him trying to throw it more then 20 times in this game. The only legimate thing against Uconn is that they blow on the road, but what big east team doesnt? this game should be a good one, its eathir going to be a ville blow out. or a grind it type of game with Uconn winning by a fg

20-17 THE DOGS

1. The game is being played in Papa John's stadium.
The Cardinals are 22-3 SU in their last 25 games at home. This bodes well for Louisville backers, since the Cards are only favored by a field goal.
Best thing going for the card imo.

2. It's a Friday Nighter (nationally televised). Pretty much impossible for the home team not to be UP for the task.

Wouldn't that work for both teams?
3. This is a REVENGE game for Louisville, as the Cardinals lost a tough one at UConn 17-21 last year. Many (including myself) feel the Cards were robbed by a horrible blown call by the officials. Louisville would have WON that game. Just another reason for the Cardinals to come out angry and hungry for
some redemption.

as sportsnut said, i dont buy into revenge factors, different year,different team.half the time players cant remember what the revenge was for.

4. Louisville (2-1) has looked good since their Week 1 loss. The Cards in contention for the Big East, and have a chance to make a statement and chalk a monster win against UConn.
i love how the ville wins one game against a terrible road k-state team.everyone hails them.If i recall everyone was bashing the ville up until they tore up that k-state team.

5. UConn (has a one dimensional offense (Brown and the running game). Combine this with the fact that Lorenzen has not been playing well...

true lorenzen blows, but its going to be hard to stop a rushing attack that rushes the ball a lil over 45 times a game and gets about 275 yards a game.

Tyler Lorenzen's stats thru four games...

50/85 (58.8%) for 519 yds (130 yds/game) 1 TD & 6 INTs
this is going to cost Uconn, but hopefully well just have him throw 10 times this game, hopefullt 1 int.

6. UConn's schedule has been a complete joke to this point...

Hofstra (1-2), Temple (1-3), Virginia (1-2), & Baylor (2-1) (
combined record of 5-9)

Ill tell you what this uconn team goes 9-3 for the year, unsetting WV. true their all jokes, who has the ville played? they got handed by kent, and beat a weak k-state team. baylor would smack the ville around

8. The Cardinals defense has given up an average of 42 yards/game on the ground. All 3 of their previous opponents have effective ground games, yet were shut down by the Cardinals. Brown will face 8-9 in the box, just about every down. Conversely, UConn is giving up nearly 100 yards/game on the ground, at home, to inferior opponents thus far.

effective ground games? like i said before the ville hasnt faced a ground game like this ever. This ground game is different. you can stuff the box all you want, it just opens up other attacks. we shall see in the first 5 mins of the game, if the huskies are going to be able to run or not.

I don't see where the public is all over UL?

up until last night about 73% was on the ville. now it went down to about 60\40, but still i dont see why all the love for the ville. I think people are just blinded by the win over k-state, and the poor performance vs baylor

up until last night about 73% was on the ville. now it went down to about 60\40, but still i dont see why all the love for the ville. I think people are just blinded by the win over k-state, and the poor performance vs baylor

O.K. Never saw it that high anywhere so I'll take your word for it.

I guess I'm one of those that are blinded. It's tough for me just to throw out those games played last week and the fact that UL did beat a very good/good/solid Kansas St. team in the same building they are playing the same team that barely escaped--at home--with a 3-point victory as a 2 TD favorite...against....Baylor....Baylor....Fucking Baylor...Jesus Christ, it's Baylor. At your house. Friday night. National T.V. And you get taken to the wire. By Baylor.

I just can't ignore that.

Good health, though, ghost:shake:

I guess I'm one of those that are blinded. It's tough for me just to throw out those games played last week and the fact that UL did beat a very good/good/solid Kansas St. team in the same building they are playing the same team that barely escaped--at home--with a 3-point victory as a 2 TD favorite...against....Baylor....Baylor....Fucking Baylor...Jesus Christ, it's Baylor. At your house. Friday night. National T.V. And you get taken to the wire. By Baylor.

:36_11_6:

That's David Koresh to you, mister.

Thiniking about takin some risk on and play Huskies 1st H and Lville game which would probably include Lville at the half as well......Would think its tough for Uconn to come back if they are down with there run porientated offense......

wow, that is why you never second guess your self. i capped this game right, but when the senior QB got injured, i thought uconn was going to pile over.. o well. both my bets hedged out, so i won 10 or so units for the day, not bad but could of been better

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left></TD><TD>
41.gif
</TD><TD>
97.gif
</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD class=bi align=left>1st Downs</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>23</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>3rd down efficiency

</TD><TD>5-12</TD><TD>6-13</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>4th down efficiency

</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0-3</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD class=bi align=left>Total Yards</TD><TD>282</TD><TD>508</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD class=bi align=left>Passing</TD><TD>121</TD><TD>247</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Comp-Att

</TD><TD>10-20</TD><TD>17-30</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Yards per pass

</TD><TD>6.1</TD><TD>8.2</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD class=bi align=left>Rushing</TD><TD>161</TD><TD>261</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Rushing Attempts

</TD><TD>41</TD><TD>41</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Yards per rush

</TD><TD>3.9</TD><TD>6.4</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD class=bi align=left>Penalties</TD><TD>6-40</TD><TD>7-59</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD class=bi align=left>Turnovers</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Fumbles lost

</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Interceptions thrown

</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD class=bi align=left>Possession</TD><TD>28:47</TD><TD>31:06</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

26 - 21 uconn

wow, that is why you never second guess your self. i capped this game right, but when the senior QB got injured, i thought uconn was going to pile over.. o well. both my bets hedged out, so i won 10 or so units for the day, not bad but could of been better

I did the same thing, ghost. Had Uconn ML, +3.5, and Under. Then went into the ingame and somehow I convinced myself to take Ville 2nd H and screwed my profit.

Nice job tonight.

You knew that the team you were wagering on was going to be out gained by 230 yards, yet was only receiving a FG?

You capped it right.

a win is a win, doesn't matter. i didnt know our starter QB would be out, then our backup would put up a TD. face it shit happens. at the end of the night the scoreboard was 26-21, call it luck, call it bullshit, but its reality:cheers:

call it luck, call it bullshit, but its reality

3 for 3

bottom line business, no doubt about that.

a win is a win, doesn't matter. i didnt know our starter QB would be out, then our backup would put up a TD. face it shit happens. at the end of the night the scoreboard was 26-21, call it luck, call it bullshit, but its reality:cheers:

You're 100% correct, a win is a win. Luck is all a part of this game we play, and that's totally understandable. You were lucky this time, and perhaps the irregular shaped ball will bounce my way next time. No concerned about that at all.

But after the game is over, and it winds up in your favor, you can't say that you "capped the game correctly" on such a lop sided affair. You were catching 3.5 points and out gained by 230 yards, no where above did I read "I think the Huskies will completely be dominated on both sides of the ball for the entire game, but they will still get the cover,and even the SU win"

If you would have included that somewhere, then you could say that you had it perfect.

Some teams would have been lucky to cover a 24 point spread, less alone 3.5 with that type of box score.

You're 100% correct, a win is a win. Luck is all a part of this game we play, and that's totally understandable. You were lucky this time, and perhaps the irregular shaped ball will bounce my way next time. No concerned about that at all.

But after the game is over, and it winds up in your favor, you can't say that you "capped the game correctly" on such a lop sided affair. You were catching 3.5 points and out gained by 230 yards, no where above did I read "I think the Huskies will completely be dominated on both sides of the ball for the entire game, but they will still get the cover,and even the SU win"

If you would have included that somewhere, then you could say that you had it perfect.

Some teams would have been lucky to cover a 24 point spread, less alone 3.5 with that type of box score.

:shake:, you make it like i won money off this game, i hedged my bet out at half. i was rooting for the cards just as much as you the 2nd half.your correct i didnt get this game 100% correct, but i did know that the ville D was suspect, and they did like brown run for 190 yards on them, but i guess that doesnt matter? it was a rough game, im sorry you loss, im sorry i loss, lets just move on and do what we came here to do, cap more games:cheers:

Back