The hits keep coming for the Horns...

SHSUHorn

Thief
Around 9:20 a.m., Pflugerville police were called to the Casa Garcia Restaurant on Windemere Drive for a possible attempted robbery.

They found an extremely disoriented and confused man, who turned out to be Aaron Ross in the parking lot.

Police eventually determined Ross was having a medical issue, not doing anything illegal.

Emergency Medical Service was called and Ross was transported to St. David's Hospital where he was treated and released.

His girlfriend's car was towed to the police department, searched, and nothing was found.

No charges will be filed.

Another report....

Here is the official press release from the Pflugerville Police Department. We'll pass along more information as it comes through.

On 12/21/06 at approximately 0910 hours Pflugerville Police responded to a possible robbery at Casa Garcia’s. We were dispatched to a possible robbery that had just occurred. As officers arrived on scene a description was given out on the suspect. Officers located a person matching the description who was identified as Aaron Ross.

Mr. Ross had walked inside was seated and was given a menu. He asked for money which scared the waitress. A Short while later he exited the restraint. The subject was located by officers in the parking lot of the YMCA. Due to the nature of the call the individual was handcuffed and temporarily detained for further investigation. After officers spoke to the manager it was determined that no offense had occurred.

The statement given by Mr. Ross was confusing and it was evident through conversation with him he was disoriented. There was no smell of alcohol on his breath or on his person. Officers on scene were concerned for his welfare and contacted Austin/Travis County EMS. An evaluation was conducted on Mr. Ross by Austin/Travis County EMS and he was transported to St. David’s Hospital.

Mr. Ross was issued a Criminal trespass warning for the location. No charges will be filed at this point.

Ross was reportedly asked if he knew where he was, and he told the officers he was in South Austin. He also told them it was 1996.

Here are the comments issued by the school:

Statement from Aaron Ross:
"I really don't remember that much. I remember getting in the car to head to practice and I must have fallen asleep and run off the road. I was pretty shook up and out of it, but they checked me out at the hospital and I'm okay. I feel lucky that I didn't hurt anyone else or myself."

Statement from Mack Brown:
"Aaron was involved in an accident on his way to practice this morning. They took him to the hospital and we talked to him there. He's been released and is doing fine. He's really fortunate that he¹s okay and that no one else is hurt."

Okay so it looks like everything will be okay. Nice for UT to report Colt is cleared to play to overshadow this though.

More quotes

McLean said police “secured” Ross and searched him and his vehicle. Officers found no evidence Ross was under the influence of drugs or alcohol, McLean said, adding that Ross was very cooperative.

“We were able to get a hold of someone who knows him and got a little medical history on him and they gave us some information that really concerned EMS, so they shipped him to the hospital,” McLean said.

“There’s not any charges pending. We have no reason to believe there was a robbery about to be committed. He had no weapons on his person or in his vehicle. From the information we received from the person we talked to, we felt completely comfortable what we had was a medical issue.”

Horn--

I love that--when you're in Pflugerville--a disoriented muscular black man means robbery!

Gotta love the over-reaction.

rjurewitz said:
Horn--

I love that--when you're in Pflugerville--a disoriented muscular black man means robbery!

Gotta love the over-reaction.

where would that not be a sign of robbery? big muscular disoriented dude who doesnt look like he needs money askin for money in a restaurant?

Back