The Greek released a fair amount of MLs tonight!

whats Idaho ML? ;)

Good to see though. We are only about 16 days away now..exciting

CrisMaker needs to get rest of totals up.

Yanks, since you're looking at the Arizona ML I thought you might be interested in the fact that BYU has lost their starting SS (Dustin Gabriel) NT (Russell Tialavea) and their top 2 backup running backs will miss with a suspension (Tonga) and surgery (Di Luigi).

I think Arizona would be a good ML play based on the fact that BYU is going to do everything they can to take the pressure off of Max Hall by trying to run the ball. Unfortunately they are missing their two backup running backs and their starter came into camp out of shape and their is no reason to think he'll be in great shape by the time the season starts. So asking him to run 20+ times in the opener is a stretch. Mendenhall loves playing the dump off game (Curtis Brown led the team last year in REC) to the RB out of the backfield Vakapuna has hands of stone. So that leaves BYU with a 4th string RB subbing quite a bit and also forces Hall to look downfield more often than Mendenhall would like him to. Don't forget that Hall hasn't played in a live game since high school in '03. Add all that to the fact that AZ returns 9 starters on Def and 7 out their top 8 DB's and I smell an upset.

great info jpicks...both posts.

that's why i'm already on this under. two very good defenses...against two offenses that'll struggle. byu's will improve w/ time though.

anyhow, i'm definitely going to be adding a play on AZ too. jsut deciding if they'll have enough offense themselves to warrant a ML...or if i should jsut take the 6 pts while i can get them.

JPICKS - Some great info there and mainly how I feel. Add in the fact that BYU, a better team last yr, rushed 24times for 24yards, the offense could be in some trouble here. I think it is logical to say that Max Hall does not put up John Beck like numbers this yr and if he does, it doesn't happen in wk1 of the yr. BYU also lost their leading rusher who went for over 1k last yr. Aside from that they lost their four leading receivers. I don't see a whole lot to get excited about with BYU's offense. They have 4 guys back on the OL and that is huge but they will be inexperienced at every skill position which is pretty important if they intend to cover the spread. Last yr against Zona they ran for 24yards on 24carries and Beck went 28-37 for 289yds.Zona doesn't have the best of offenses but I think BYU is going to have a lot of trouble scoring vs. their defense.

Last edited:
As far as the losing their four leading recievers last year it's not quite as it looks. Curtis Brown led the team as a RB, Jonny Harline was a TE (new guy is raw though), and the other two were actually receivers. They do bring back Austin Collie (2004 MWC Freshman of the Year who went on a mission) who is better than either of the guys they lost last year and also have Matt Allen who's seen the field for the last two years. I'd say they haven't lost anything at WR but TE and RB are both weaknesses compared to last year. That's kind of my who point about the swing pass problem. If AZ forces them to throw the ball downfield to Collie I don't have any confidence that Max Hall can get it down in his first start. Beck wasn't a good QB in his first two years and I have little reason to think Hall will be great against a solid defense like Arizona.

All totals and ML are now up on 5Dimes...and I literally mean ALL moneylines. You can take Southern Cal -225000. Thats right, a mere $2250 to every $1.

Yanks, since you're looking at the Arizona ML I thought you might be interested in the fact that BYU has lost their starting SS (Dustin Gabriel) NT (Russell Tialavea) and their top 2 backup running backs will miss with a suspension (Tonga) and surgery (Di Luigi).
I feel even better about having AZ in my ML parlay.

As far as the losing their four leading recievers last year it's not quite as it looks. Curtis Brown led the team as a RB, Jonny Harline was a TE (new guy is raw though), and the other two were actually receivers. They do bring back Austin Collie (2004 MWC Freshman of the Year who went on a mission) who is better than either of the guys they lost last year and also have Matt Allen who's seen the field for the last two years. I'd say they haven't lost anything at WR but TE and RB are both weaknesses compared to last year. That's kind of my who point about the swing pass problem. If AZ forces them to throw the ball downfield to Collie I don't have any confidence that Max Hall can get it down in his first start. Beck wasn't a good QB in his first two years and I have little reason to think Hall will be great against a solid defense like Arizona.

Thank you for clearing that up. I basically pasted some notes I had already put up on this website about this game. Looking back at my notes now...

Beck was great last yr, that is the best word I have to describe him. Anyone who completes 69.3%, had 32TD-8Int and 3885yds had himself a hell of a yr. On offense overall BYU at the skill positions is def slacking compared to last yr. You mentioned the two RB's out of this game, not sure how much success they would have anyway vs. this Zona defense who eats up the run. There is just no way to imagine Max Hall looking like John Beck of 06' and without a running game they are going to challenge him with pressure and through the air. I see a few turnovers this game, something Beck was able to protect them from. The BYU defense however was tough last yr and should be pretty tough again and Zona on offense does not scare anyone, this has low scoring written all over it. Anyway, I am considering the ML but I think I have convinced myself on Zona +5.5. Last years game was decided by 3 points on a last second field goal but I feel that Zona will be better than last yr while BYU will be worse so in this matchup I will take the points in which case is almost a TD.

One last thought on BYU's defnese and then I'm done talking about the Cougars (as a Utah fan the last thing I want to think about all day is BYU).

The defense last year was very fortunate to give up the # of points they did. Reason: the offense. Having Beck lead the offense created many favorable field positions from which thier defense could work from. The team as a whole was +14 on turnovers and you can certainly expect the offense to give the ball away a bit more this year which will put the defense in more positions to give up points. While they ony gave up 14.7 points a game last year they did give up an avg. of 18 first downs a game. So in my opinion the defense will be good again, but based on the fact that they will be defending a short field more often this year I'd hesitate to label them great.

I've already got a play in on the under and I will hit the AZ ML before kickoff.

Arizona 23 ybU 17

Gotta love these 5dimes ML's...

USC -225000
PSU -54000
Texas -60000
Oklahoma -75000

Guess these are for the "low risk" bettor haha.

whats Idaho ML? ;)

Good to see though. We are only about 16 days away now..exciting

CrisMaker needs to get rest of totals up.

Idaho ML is risk 100 to win $75,000 at 5dimes. If Idaho pulled off the upset, you know there would be someone on one of the other forums who would say that they dropped $100 on it (after the fact of course) haha.

Idaho ML is risk 100 to win $75,000 at 5dimes. If Idaho pulled off the upset, you know there would be someone on one of the other forums who would say that they dropped $100 on it (after the fact of course) haha.

right except they said they played it for 100 units not $100..

"MY 100 UNIT LOCK OF THE YR, IDAHO +1,000,000"

im going to have like a 20 team parlay on money lines just to equal 1 unit= 1 unit lol

Yeah husky, I was screwing around on the site just to see what kind of payout one would get it they played a parlay with all the big ML favs over like -4000 and it ended up being risk 100 to win 5.50 haha.

Back