• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

The final four......rank the pieces

Gandolf

Leader of the Van Buren Boys
OK, lets look at the final four teams this way and see if there is anything to glean from it.

Rank the superstars - Tatum, Haliburton, Edwards, Doncic

Rank the 2nd bananas - JB, Siakam, KAT, Kyrie

Rank the bigs - KP & Horford, Myles & I Jackson, Goober & Naz, Gafford & Lively

Rank the coaches - Mazzola Oil, Carlisle PA, the Finch, the Kidd

Rank the 3 and D support - Jrue/White/Hauser/Pritchard, Nesmith/Nemhard/TJ/Obi, Conley/McDaniels/NAW/Slowmo, PJ/Derrick Jones/Green/Hardy/THJ

My ranks:
Superstars
Edwards
Tatum
Doncic
Haliburton

2nd Bananas
Kyrie
JB
KAT
Siakam

Big men
Goober & Naz
KP & Horford
Myles & Jackson
Gafford & Lively

Coaches
Carlisle
Finch
Mazzula
Kidd

3 and D support
Boston
Minnesota
Dallas
Indy

On a 4-3-2-1 ranking I get
Minnesota 16 points
Boston 15
Dallas 10
Indy 9

Luka
ANT
Halliburton
Tatum

Kyrie
Kat
Brown
Spicy p

Minny
Indy
Boston (would be 2nd with KP)
Dallas

Indy
bos
Min
Dal

Boston
Minny
Dallas
Indy

I get

Minny 15
Boston 12
Dallas 12
Indy 11

Luka
ANT
Halliburton
Tatum

Kyrie
KAT
Siakam
Brown

Minny
Indy
Boston
Dallas

Carlisle
Finch
Kidd
Mazzula

Boston
Minny
Indy
Dallas

Could swap the final two simply because of the additional depth but I still prefer Indy there...splitting hairs at that point

Minny 16
Indy 13
Dallas 12
Boston 9

Only injury I'm factoring in is Porzingis, I'm not really sure how banged up some of these guys are at this point but I'd have to make Boston and Indy more equal with Indy if he's healthy. Strange way to do this because even though I'm not high on Boston I really don't think there's that big a discrepancy between the others. If it was boxing or UFC I'd be giving more than 4 points for the final category.

Stars:

Dallas -Luka
Minny - Ant
Boston - JT
Indiana - Hali

"Pippen":

Boston - Jaylen
Dallas - Kyrie
Indiana - Siakam
Minny - KAT

The MEN in the MIDDLE:

Minny
Indiana
Boston
Dallas

Coaches:

Indiana
Dallas
Minny
Boston

3 and D:

Boston
Minny
Indiana
Dallas

Minnesota =13
Boston =13
Indiana =12
Dallas =12

Some thoughts...

The two players I would pick to start a series with right now are both playing in the WCF's.

I am not a Tatum hater, but he'll have a game or two in a long series where he falls in love with bad shots and becomes a non-factor. Simply put, he's my #3 here.

As far as second fiddle, that one was VERY tough. Jaylen cannot dribble but he can be such a huge factor in multiple games in a series. Kyrie also fits that bill and certainly can have a few-week run that could change everything in these playoffs. Pascal is just solid. The other two have a higher ceiling. KAT already has 2 fouls in Game 1, just saying.

Coaching was easy, we put Boston coach at the bottom. I'm growing on Kidd these playoffs. He has improved as a coach. Ricky is the best of this bunch though, no doubt. Finch worries me with some of his strategy regarding ANT at times, otherwise a helluva defensive coach.

I think the reason Boston likely beats Indiana in 6 or 7 will be because of White and Holliday (and obv Porzingis if he plays effectively, changes everything)

Back