The Dallas Mavericks have a serious problem.

Getting kidd was a mistake... DAL isn't a run-n-gun team so Kidd's skills are useless here. Just like Phx, Nash can't use his full potential anymore since Shaq arrived...

Nah the trade wasn't a mistake. Mavs needed a floor leader and someone who could help make their offense more efficient. At the very least they needed to inject some energy into their listless team. It has really energized Dirk. However, like you said, unless the Mavs run then Kidd doesn't help but not because Kidd is only a run-n-gun PG. If Avery had any idea how to use his skills in a half court offense then he would be more valuable. However, Avery has no idea how to diagram an offensive play if it doesn't involve an ISO. Thus, Avery doesn't know how to use Kidd.

yall need a post imo and havent gotten over that loss to the heat yet.

That is just flat out false. I watch this team every night.
OK, I may be taking it far. BUT, they clearly are NOT a better team post trade than they were pre trade. How many games, seasons, years whatever do you need to "mesh" or whatever they call it? Someone needs to take over for this team. Kidd doesn't suck, I was joking about that (sort of)...but the trade hasn't helped...and if it has, tell/show me where because I just have not seen it.

:shake:

I actually like Dallas's offense with Kidd. It looks lie ISO's, but the amount of flex-motion offense they throw in to get it is something pretty you don't see many times in this league. Their break off made baskets are flex formation to a T. Maybe I'm just liking it cuz its something new (in opposed to the pick and roll we see about 50 times a night with other teams). But I think since Dallas has so many offensive weapons that can break their man off the dribble, Avery chooses to try to take advantage. but yea it really disturbs me when they set up a post up play for Dampier and have Dirk/Howard just watching from the opposite wing. haha

GS offense is the most fun to watch. find the biggest mismatch on the floor and run an iso. and if you get an offensive rebound, that gives you the RIGHT to run out and shoot the 3 with 19 seconds left in the shot clock

cuban was a fool for handing the franchise to him in the first place. he's simply not a good coach. the last game vs. jazz summed it up. he started irk on boozer and damp vs. okur. he put his soft euro on the other teams low post banger and his shotblocking big man on the other teams soft euro. yup, that makes a lot of sense.

i guess del harris must have been carrying him the past couple seasons.

who knows, maybe he'll get fired, luck out and end up coaching the next chris paul and morph into a coach of the year candidate ala byron scott.

the worst thing an nba coach can do is get too involved and try to control everything, and thats avery's m.o. there's a reason phil sits on the sideline like a zombie when the lakers get run off the court. cuz he knows its on the players to get it done.

I think Dallas just needs some time to get it together. Avery Johnson isn't a bad coach. Houston's just playing at an extremely high level right now.

See where Dallas is in a couple weeks.

No, he is a bad coach the worst coach to appear in the NBA finals the last 15 years at least (even worse than Mike Brown and Hill). Hell, he got two assistant coaches who are twice better coaches than him!

This Avery hate is interesting to me. When they were up 2-0 against the Heat, everyone was raving about Avery and said they would take him over Riley ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. After the loss and the choke to the GS, Avery is now a horrible coach? I don't know what the Mavericks problem is but I don't think Kidd is it. It seems Dirk has played better with Kidd but I just don't feel that I can win a championship with him (Dirk). Their depth has hurt them recently too hasn't it?

And brew, I am curious to know how you liken this to Skiles? I think Avery has done a lot more in his career as a coach already than Skiles has.

Let's say Dirk is the problem. Still, he is a solid player and with Howard and Kidd on board, he doesn't have to play an all star level game for Dallas to be better than they are.
By the way, who is responsible for telling that he doesn't want Dirk on the team? I'm sure many teams would have wanted to get him and would have been willing to trade.
Who is responsible for the fact that Dirk is in bad form? Isn't it HC job to help his star to get out of his bad form?
Who brought Maglour and Jowan Howard on board only to act as cheerleaders?
Who after two weeks still doesn't got one play with Kidd in it to enjoy his stronger virtues? Kidd needs to alter all the time, how can a PG run a game with such poor textbook?
Why on earth do they need Lue by the way?
Why by the way, against Utah, Spurs and Lakers, teams with dominant big guys, Maglour wasn't on the floor?

Back