The Dak Prescott journey to the Hall of Fame thread

Gandolf

Leader of the Van Buren Boys
Begins today. Romo out 6-10 weeks with broken back. Will miss him but I don't see him getting his job back.

Retire PLEASE.

Dak to the SB

Please don't do anything stupid Jerry. No journeyman losers.
Wait, JFF might have a chance. JK

First win is over your biggest rival on the road? Fast track to being a fan favorite.

Have to be happy with splitting those first 2 divisional games. With Chi and then SF on deck we could see Dak start 3-1.

few things as an eagles fan:

- the playbook is much smaller with dak and yes he throws a lot of dinks and dunks

gotta get that off my chest. now having said that:

- as a fan of their rival, i want them to bench him for romo. Dak scares me. He just seems poised and always knows what to do with the ball and when. How on earth are you really gonna bench him with the team rolling like this?

it all makes too much sense, tony romo gets to spend the resto f the year as a mentor and ride the bench and retire at the end of the year, while dak takes over as the full time starting qb. romo has a wife and kids and should probably stop playing for his own health anyway. it just makes too much sense to happen this way. but of course it wont.

just seeing how the schedule is set up, new years day dallas at philly, holy crap that could be an all timer if its for a playoff spot with 2 rookie qbs

as a person who continues to lose money betting against DAk, I can tell you one thing, the best QB on that team is currently on the field.

as a person who continues to lose money betting against DAk, I can tell you one thing, the best QB on that team is currently on the field.

You're smarter than this. How could you go against the savior of America's team?

I didn't get to see the first half, but the look on the Katy Tigers face(Dalton), when I finally got to a tv, was priceless.
Somehow, the defense has played better. Kind of like what Johnny did for a horrid Ag D in '12.

Two very different QBs... when healthy Romo is a top 5 QB in my eyes.... the when healthy part is the big problem

Hard to imagine he's the same after this though, even after all the rehab

If he remotely wants to play golf after football he might retire

2nd win ever for the Cowboys at Lambeau Field. (Romo actually had the 1st in 2008 over Rodgers, before that all wins had been in Milwaukee).

jerry jones loves romo like a son. he would never do this and in fact iw oudl not be surprised if he STILL pushes for romo to play. Also, who would trade for him now?

I have no idea. But he should still be servicable and there should be more than a couple teams that would be interested. It's stupid to have him as a backup

I have no idea. But he should still be servicable and there should be more than a couple teams that would be interested. It's stupid to have him as a backup

you dont trade for a guy who every time hes tackled the whole org and fanbase holds their breath. ive said it all year, it is best for every party involved if he stays on this year as a mentor to Dak (And steps in if there is an injury), retires and takes a job in teh booth where he will be great, and keeps his health so he can be a good husband and father and be able to golf as much as he likes to.

Still rolling along. First 8 game winning streak for the Cowboys since 1977. 1st win at Heinz Field for the Cowboys.

That Zeke kid is pretty good too.

He's enshrined himself in the Cowboy HOF already. He plays like this he'll be headed for Canton. Impressive play with the deck stacked against him (rookie, completely different system, thrown into action less than a week before the start of the season) and he's still playing like a grizzled vet.

wow

Honestly, I dont know what to say about the cowboys. What they are doing is amazing with Dak and Zeke and of course the other team supporters. They are all feeding off each other during the game emotionally and its fun to watch this team. Their offense is set for a few years, just plug in some top defensive players and they will be one hell of a team for years!

i am conditioned to hate the cowboys just bc im a birds fan but it is very hard not to respect this....they are playing great and are very fun to watch. if they wore any other uniform id love them, but its dallas so i hope they choke in their first playoff game and zeke goes to jail for dom violence

They got their 2016 version big 3 (Dak, Zeke, Dez) looking more and more like hall of fame big 3 (Aikman, Emmitt, Irvin). That offense is pretty good.

Anyone see Romo read that statement?

Am I
Crazy?

He looked miserable and ready to
Kill someone

Disagree. Have seen him smiling and hi-fiving guys on the sidelines the last 2 weeks after some of Dak's completions. Still think that at some point Romo will be needed to win a key game.

I hope Romo decides to retire, not worth the long term health effects to go somewhere else to start. He will turn 37 this offseason. Time to walk away while he still can.

Disagree. Have seen him smiling and hi-fiving guys on the sidelines the last 2 weeks after some of Dak's completions. Still think that at some point Romo will be needed to win a key game.

I hope Romo decides to retire, not worth the long term health effects to go somewhere else to start. He will turn 37 this offseason. Time to walk away while he still can.

Not only that, Romo has been running the scout team in practice. Yes, the scout team. Any other "big name" QBs that we know who anyone thinks would willingly run the scout team? Even if there are a few (or a bunch, doesn't matter really), Romo has still actually done it and seemingly seems pretty content with the entire situation.

I don't really know if I'd like it if he ended up here but no doubt Carson is one concussion away from hanging em up, and maybe he should anyway after this season. Won't be surprised with this team as constructed to get a QB that isn't content elsewhere. Head coach is very QB friendly and the Cards have nothing behind Palmer but quite a bit of depth all over the rest of the field although Mathieu is so injury prone, have to think a veteran QB is in the works.

Romo really does seem like a good dude. For his own health I do hope he retires and becomes the best analyst out there. I have been way too complimentary towards Cowboys in this thread, but you gotta respect when ppl handle their shit

I am not saying he isn't a good dude

but it looked like Jerry wrote that.....looked like he was at a funeral

SI had an article in September titled Best Rookie Quarterback Seasons in NFL History.

Top 5 were:

#5: Dan Marino (Dolphins, 1983)

The sixth quarterback taken in the first round of the 1983 draft, Marino didn't get the starting job until Week 6. But once he earned the job, the Marino Era officially began in Miami. He went 7-2 as a starter his rookie season. — Rookie Season Stats: 11 GP, 58.4% comp., 2,210 yards, 20 TDs, 6 INTs, 28 carries, 45 rushing yards, 2 TDs.

#4: Russell Wilson (Seahawks, 2012)

Wilson became the steal of the 2012 draft, as the third rounder helped carry the Seahawks into the playoffs. He won the offensive rookie of the year award and made the Pro Bowl. — Rookie Season Stats: 16 GP, 64.1% comp., 3,118 yards, 26 TDs, 10 INTs, 94 carries, 489 rushing yards, 4 TDs.

#3: Cam Newton (Panthers, 2011)

The top pick in the 2011 draft, Newton picked up where he left off in college—running all over defenses. The surprise was that he was just as effective through the air, topping the 4,000–yard mark. In his first professional game, the Heisman Trophy winner threw for 422 yards and two touchdowns against the Cardinals. — Rookie Season Stats: 16 GP, 60.0% comp., 4,051 yards, 21 TDs, 17 INTs, 126 carries, 706 rushing yards, 14 TDs.

#2: Robert Griffin III (Redskins, 2012)

The No. 2 pick and former Heisman Trophy winner had high expectations entering his first season in Washington, but he exceeded them in his rookie year. He led the team to an NFC East title marking Washington's first playoff appearance since the 2007 season, and threw just five interceptions the entire regular season. — Rookie Season Stats: 15 GP, 65.4% comp., 3,200 yards, 20 TDs, 5 INTs, 120 carries, 815 rushing yards, 7 TDs.

#1: Ben Roethlisberger (Steelers, 2004)

The Steelers drafted Roethlisberger with the 11th pick in the draft, intending to initially deploy him as a backup. But when Tommy Maddox got hurt in Week 2, Roethlisberger was forced into action. All Big Ben did was rattle off 13 straight wins to finish 13-0 as the starter in his first season. The Steelers ended up losing in the AFC Championship. — Rookie Season Stats: 14 GP, 66.4% comp., 2,621 yards, 17 TDs, 11 INTs, 56 carries, 144 rushing yards, 1 TD.

A composite of the BEST stats from those five seasons would result in:
13 wins, 66.4% comp, 4051 yards, 26 TDs, 5 INTs, 120 carries, 815 rushing yards, 14 TDs, Pro Bowl

Dak’s numbers alone heading to the final game:
13 wins, 68.1% comp, 3630 yards, 23 TDs, 4 INTs, 56 carries, 273 rushing yards, 6 TDs, Pro Bowl

Begins today. Romo out 6-10 weeks with broken back. Will miss him but I don't see him getting his job back.

If not for CCC I'd dare say this was the best prediction of 2016. Can't top "Place your bets".

Wishing #9 well in his new role as the new #1 CBS analyst.

He could be mute and still easier to listen to than Simms, upgrade for CBS even if he sucks

C8lyF3yUQAAt6JV.jpg

Romo really does seem like a good dude. For his own health I do hope he retires and becomes the best analyst out there. I have been way too complimentary towards Cowboys in this thread, but you gotta respect when ppl handle their shit

I knew I could talk some sense into him

Back