the bullsheet for Sept 20.

bull

Coattailing Cheerleader
I think it was 5-3-1 last week, and now something like 10-8-1 for the year. FCS games went 3-1, the loser being Colgate losing by 3TDs to Furman. Just on the wrong side, that's about it.
On to this week
Elon +10 @ Georgia Southern - Unless there is a meaningful injury I don't know about, this one jumped out at me just a bit. Game between these two went 2 ot's a year ago, and although the home field changes in favor of GS, they come off a tough OT win against Northeastern. Northeastern is a local team, and tho last week's close loss to GS did not surprise me, I would have to rate Elon better than NU. 10 points or even the 8 now offered looks pretty good to me.
Be awhile before I come back, but there will be more.
And I think Hoops may not need the extra points he's getting in some of those tease games.

ADDING:
Villanova -7 @ Penn - This is a pretty good rivalry but the game results are moving in Villanova's direction since Penn has slipped since its terrific teams at the start of this century. If you look at the past records, you will find that Villanova has won evry year but one since 1999. That was 2001, Penn's undefeated year and they didn't play Villanova that year.
VU won by 20 last year, and despite the Philly rivalry I say that these two teams are no longer close.
No Illinois -39 v Indiana State. - This may be a first for me, laying 39. Indiana State is that bad, and I missed the boat when they played Eastern Michigan opening week and lost 52-0. I don't want to miss the boat a second time.
Harvard -6 1/2 v Holy Cross
This one opened at 10 , and I probably would have jumped at HC after their close game with UMass. But HC's record at Harvard stadium is abysmal, and UMass' loss at JM by 2 TDs last week when favored leads me to believe the Redmen are not as good as advertised ( they are 0-3 ATS this year) This takes some of the lustre off Holy Cross' close game with UMass. Harvard has most of its defense intact and returns their QB with enough complementary players on offense to lead me to the conclusion that I like their chances of covering in this opening game tonite
<TABLE class=tborder id=post154703 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=7 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_154703 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 2px solid">Adding my final 3 FCS plays
Fordham -8 @ Columbia - Fordham is a contender in the Patriot league, an almost equal of Columbia's Ivy League. Columbia went 1-9 last year, one of those nine losses being to Fordham by 17 points. This is Columbia's first game of the year and Fordham's third.
Iona +1 v Sacred Heart - Sacred Heart is 2-0 against division 2 competition. I say that Sacrted Heart is overrated here . Iona won this game by 24 last year. I'll take the home team, gladly.
Appy State -2 @ James Madison- THis one is your tOSU@USC game of the FCS division. Both Sagarin and Keepers support this selection by small margins. I look beyond JMU's win over UMass to the loss to Duke. Duke v Appy ??? I would take Appy .
<!-- / message --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 2px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ffffff 2px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff 2px solid"><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: postbit_onlinestatus -->
user_online.gif
<!-- END TEMPLATE: postbit_onlinestatus --> </TD><TD class=alt1 style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 2px solid; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff 2px solid" align=right><!-- controls -->
progress.gif
<!-- / controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited:
gl with the bullsheet this week my friend.

any thoughts on ark pine bluff at alcorn state ?

gl with the bullsheet this week my friend.

any thoughts on ark pine bluff at alcorn state ?

definitely outside my territory. Sorry.
I follow 5 FCS conferences pretty closely and 2 not as closely.
The SWAC is one I do not folow at all.
GL, whatever. I'll be watching for the score.

pags- thanks and same to you.
Is this the woof woof we've been waiting for >>
GL

Thanks Tim- Great win for your Terps last week.
Good to hear I have some company, DMoney . Let's see if the Elon Phoenix can't win this one SU. :cheers:

Added Villanova -7 @ Penn and No Illinois -39 v Indiana State
to my initial post in this thread. I'm looking at a few more plus the FBS slate, and I expect to have a decision on the Appy State - James Madison game. :tiphat:

I like that Nova play. You know that.

I think that JMU takes it to App. State. I don't think the Mountaineers can shut down Landers, and the run. I was impressed how JMU didn't look ahead to this game, and rolled UMass, and there will be too much for them to handle. I wish they would hang a total on this, as I would play anything over any number. I just can't make up my mind if I want to play it or not!

I like that Nova play. You know that.

I think that JMU takes it to App. State. I don't think the Mountaineers can shut down Landers, and the run. I was impressed how JMU didn't look ahead to this game, and rolled UMass, and there will be too much for them to handle. I wish they would hang a total on this, as I would play anything over any number. I just can't make up my mind if I want to play it or not!

hoops- this is a game I Have to play, if you know what I mean.
Hopefully, I'll come up with the right answer.
sagarin has this game right on the number
keepers has Appy by six.
Landers v Edwards.
What a classic. I think my TV menu has this one for me.

<TABLE class=tborder id=post154703 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=7 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_154703 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 2px solid">Adding my final 3 FCS plays
Fordham -8 @ Columbia - Fordham is a contender in the Patriot league, an almost equal of Columbia's Ivy League. Columbia went 1-9 last year, one of those nine losses being to Fordham by 17 points. This is Columbia's first game of the year and Fordham's third.
Iona +1 v Sacred Heart - Sacred Heart is 2-0 against division 2 competition. I say that Sacrted Heart is overrated here . Iona won this game by 24 last year. I'll take the home team, gladly.
Appy State -2 @ James Madison- THis one is your tOSU@USC game of the FCS division. Both Sagarin and Keepers support this selection by small margins. I look beyond JMU's win over UMass to the loss to Duke. Duke v Appy ??? I would take Appy .
<!-- / message --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 2px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ffffff 2px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff 2px solid"><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: postbit_onlinestatus -->
user_online.gif
<!-- END TEMPLATE: postbit_onlinestatus --> </TD><TD class=alt1 style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 2px solid; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff 2px solid" align=right><!-- controls -->
progress.gif
<!-- / controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

And now the FBS plays
Games not many are posting about.
Central Florida +10 - Lo-scorer potential like GT-MSU.
Would BC have held USF to an OT win?? I'll take 10 points.
Pitt EVEN - Despite the coaching mismatch, I like the home team here.
Damn few teams in CFB put up win streaks of 4 or more. Give me the home team with the 1-1 record..
Michigan St -8 1/2 - Despite the trend in this series. Irish can't expect a rash of turnovers two weeks in a row , can they? I was really impressed with Ringer last week.
Marshall +7 1/2 - I think this team is improvind, and I don't buy USM yet despite their goodearly record. 3-0 ATS Hmmm. 4-0 ??
Rutgers -5 1/2- Just waiting for a breakout game for the Scarlet Knights.
This looks like the week.

Back