the British Open Picks

alangrrbs

Pretty much a regular
Justin Thomas ov Jordan Spieth

Pretty simple pay here. Jordan Spieth has been struggling mightily with his game, especially his putting, and it’s bleeding over into the other parts of his game. In his last 6 tournaments, he has no top 20 finishes, and he’s missed the cut in 2 of the last 3 tournaments he’s played in. Jordan can let his head get in the way of his game, and he can over think things, and him putting the pressure on himself of being defending champ I think is going to be a problem this week. Justin Thomas not great history at the British Open, but he’s been playing much better than Spieth recently, consistently finishing better than him in tournaments they play in together.

Brooks Koepka ov Jordan Spieth

All the reasons mentioned above about fading Jordan Spieth, Koepka is just incredible right now. Win at the US Open, then follows it up with a top 20 finish the very next week. He’s the type of player that thrives in big tournaments. Love him this week.

Henrik Stenson ov Tiger Woods

Stenson is dealing with an elbow injury, and I feel like every time we doubt a professional athlete with an injury, they prove us wrong. So if Stenson is healthy enough to tee it up at the British, Im going to believe he’s healthy enough to compete at a high level. Stenson finished 5th at the Masters, 6th at the US Open, and in the last 8 tournaments, his worse finish is 26th. He’s elite. I just don’t believe in Tiger at big time events any more. In the two majors this year with stacked fields, Tiger missed the cut at the US Open, and finished 32nd at the Masters. I think Stenson will be fine, and even if he can’t swing as hard off the tee, he gets the hard fairways with the long rolls, and I trust his irons and short game.

Francesco Molinari ov Sergio Garcia

We made a ton of money betting against Sergio this year, and it looks like he’s playing better with his last 2 finishes on the Euro tour being 12th and 8th. That’s great. Molinari’s last 5 finishes are 25th, 2nd, 2nd, win, win. I love the way he’s playing right now, I’m not ready to say that Sergio is back and ready to win a major.

Russell Knox ov Bubba Watson

Bubba is not a good links player. I’m not sure what it is, but here are Bubba’s finishes the last 10 years at the British Open. 27th, 39th, mc, mc, 32, 23, 30, mc, mc. He’s terrible on these types of courses. Meanwhile, Knox has been good recently. Hasn’t missed a cut in 8 tournaments, and 2 out of the last 3 tournaments on the Euro Tour he finished top 5. He didn’t play in the Masters, but he finished 12th at the US Open, so he’s not afraid of the majors.

Ian Pouter ov Phil Mickelson

Pretty easy play for me. Poulter is playing great, Phil is not. Phil’s last 3 finishes are 48th, 65th, and then a missed cut last week at the Scottish, which is supposed to be a tune up for the British. Poulter meanwhile has been solid all year, 6 top 25 finishes in the last 7 tournaments, and he easily beat Phil head to head last week, and at the US Open.

Matt Jones ov Cameron Smith

We’ve said before something happened to Cameron Smith at the Zurich. He and his partner played great in the first round, then here are his rounds since then. 76, 76, 75, 79, 74, 75, 72, 79, 72. Played last week, made the cut barely, and that was the first made cut he’s had since the Masters. Matt Jones a little all over the board, he’s got 5 made cuts in the last 8 tournaments, and finished 12th last week.

Oliver Wilson ov Sam Locke

Oliver Wilson is a professional golfer. He’s played in 6 European Tour tournaments this year…made the cut in 4 of them, and those were the last 4 tournaments he’s played in. 16th, 32nd, 49th, and 29th. He tweeted out that he’s at Carnoustie, excited at the course set up, and looking for a great finish.

Sam Locke is a 19 year old barista, who won a random qualifier. He won The Renaissance Club qualifying event last Tuesday…and the next day he was making latte’s and cappuccino’s at the Paul Lawrie Academy…and he was serving coffee to…Paul Laurie. Laurie said… “He’s a top lad who deserves all the plaudits coming his way. And he’s got loads of time to prepare.” Time to prepare?!? For what?!?! He’s got one week and figure out a way to play at the British Open?!? Give me a break.

Bonus pick: British Open winner is American.. +145 The last 5 major winners are Americans in their 20s, and Americans have won 3 out of the last 5 British Opens. I love the value at +145

ALL OVER Francesco Molinari ov Sergio Garcia, Russell Knox ov Bubba Watson and Ian Pouter ov Phil Mickelson with you, andy. also chanced "to miss the cut" props on Watson +190 and Mickelson +220

played Brooks Koepka ov Jordan Spieth somewhat different. did the group of four "quad bet" at Westgate. Brook Koepka +260 over Jordan Spieth, Justin Thomas and Tiger Woods

GOOD LUCK :shake:

Thanks guys. Got a ton of other parlays, and plays going, but most of the money is on the head to heads. Here's to a profitable weekend!!!:assshake:

Back