The Baron Davis dunk

Joe Public

Gabibbo's Finest
I missed it when it happened last night, I was in the midst of losing somewhat hard on that game so I'd turned it off. But I saw it this morning and I think we should take a moment to appreciate what might be the best playoff dunk in a decade.

This thing was John Starks dunking on the Bulls-esque. This dunk was 427 shades of awesome. They just jokingly said in their intro on ESPNews that they should just run that dunk for three hours and, really, I might actuallly be OK with that because it's just that good.

I envy anyone--like Ghost--who was there for it.

Outstanding dunk, Baron. Thanks for the memory.

my man joe, seeing that dunk in person was wow.. amazing... golden state was already killing utah.. then that dunk, crowd went crazy.... people stood up screamed,shouted,gave high fives.. man it was amazing... tickets for me and my girl 350$... seeeing that dunk in person priceles...more then what i bargained for...

ya dat shit was sick. but i still got the king sitting pretty at #1.

other notables. monta ellis on bosa.

Normally I'd say all that celebration after the dunk in a 20pt game is pathetic and bad for the game. And I'd probably call Davis a THUG. But that play really gives GS some swagger heading into game 4. The crowd will be even louder in game 4. They WILL NOT lose game 4. Now, will they cover? That's what I need to find out. So far, I say yes.

Yep, Ghost, you were pretty much who I thought of when I saw that. You were there to see, live, what will go down as one of the greatest dunks in
playoff history.

As of right now ESPN is already showing it alongside Kevin Johnson and John Starks. That play is honestly in rare historical company.

MJ owns john starks

MJ owned the Knicks, I hate to say it, because I dispise Jordan, but it's true. The reality, however, is that for at least one moment, John Starks owned the entire Bulls team.

It's one of the great playoff moments in recent Knicks' history. Followed closely by LJ's three pointer and Allan Houston beating Miami.

DO you have any idea how much emotion he was probably feeling at that moment?

Dude just straight yacked on one of the best shotblockers in the league 7 inches taller at home.

Last edited by a moderator:
This dunk is the freakin' lead story on local news. It's on the front page of every paper around here... so I bought most of them. It's crazy. I seriously have seen that dunk close to a thousand times and I can't get enough of it.

Baron said in his press conference that he even lost his mind and went stupid with emotion afterward. He said the dunk shocked him.

However the quote of the the night was:

"I think I was late on the help," Kirilenko said with a grin. "At least I got to be on the poster."

Agreed.

Seeing it live was the only way to do justice. At that point, the game was a late rally from a choke, but the message was clear: This one was a Warriors winna! Impressive.

i've seen him do the same kind dunk when he was in ucla...he is one bad motherfuckers...he is clutch..he can do everything...amazing, unforgettable dunk....and i had tons of money on the warriors..it made it even sweeter........TODAYS WINNER WILL BE PISTONS -3....shoudn't this line be like 7 or 8

He's still a punk though. He is of the Eli Manning ilk to me.
Fucker knows he laid down on the Hornets to get moved out to Cali.
His play has impressed the past two series with more supposed injuries to boot. However, the truth is he shoots too many bad 3s with so many other good shooters around him. I still hope they make it to the Finals if nothing else on the back of Biedrins foul shooting.
The guy has really stepped up this series......good to see.

baron davis has always been injury prone.....he was still this season....when healthy with any team he has shown signs of being great....he got traded because he was always injured.....if he played a full season everyone would be saying MVP......i have been a fan since his UCLA days...

Back