The Barclays

crawdads

Fairway to Heaven
Will fade Watney until he proves otherwise. Harry English -150 over Nick Watney to win 1 Franklin.

I have struck out the last couple of tournaments, so I don't think my read on golf is all that sharp at the moment. That being said, Rory is overdue and his game is rounding into form. I think he should be in contention on Sunday.

The last time the Barclays was played on this course was '09. Heath Slocum won at -9. Tiger, Stricker, Els, and Padraig finished -8. Paul Goydos was the 54 hole leader and then blew up with a 75 on Sunday.

Paulina Gretzky had the low round for the tournament at 64, which he fired on Sunday, but still finished 6 shots back.

Last edited:
Any thoughts on a pettersson fade? He's been in bad form recently and hasn't played this course before.

I know fading Tiger is a tough sell, but his back and neck were sore enough today that he didn't hit many full shots in the pro-am, and only chipped and putt on the entire back 9. My book has Rory +165 against Tiger, and like thehorzy above, I think Rors can make some noise in this one. Haven't played it yet, but might not be a bad play.

Anyone that's been doing this a while have any idea on how the top 25 or so play in the opening tourney? You know, those that are definitely in the Deutsche Bank field, and likely already in the BMW field? If they don't have a good Thurs/Fri, maybe they kind of go through the motions on the weekend to start concentrating on Boston. No idea, just spit balling

Kuch over Tiger in the first round is interesting... he didnt take a full shot in the pro am today with the stiffness in his back from the hotel bed... kuch is 4th on tour in pre cut average... +144

MIght have a banger on the european tour. Waiting for a source to confirm the injury. :goal:

Didnt bring the bang bus on this one, since Lawrie seemed a little questionable about his form. He is the defending champ and is trying to make a few international teams. Anyway,

[TABLE="class: Grid"]
<tbody>[TR="class: NonAlt"]
[TD="class: MiddleRight Currency"]$200.00[/TD]
[TD="class: MiddleRight Currency"]$210.00[/TD]
[TD]Pending[/TD]
[TD]8/22/13 3:05am European Golf 456 Paul Lawrie (Tourn) +105* <small>vs</small> Stephen Gallacher (Tourn)[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

I found this when researching this week.

Two of Warren’s compatriots, Stephen Gallacher and Richie Ramsay will decide this morning whether they are fit enough to play in the first round due to back and neck injuries respectively. Gallacher, who sustained his untimely injury washing a car, rates his chances as “40-60 against”.
“It was really bad on Monday,” said the Dubai Desert Classic champion. “So much so that I couldn’t even bend down to tie my laces. It felt a bit better yesterday and I was hoping there would have been more improvement today but that’s not been the case.”

Any thoughts on a pettersson fade? He's been in bad form recently and hasn't played this course before.

He has been struggling and did so last week on a course where he is a member. I guess it depends on who he is paired with.

A little worried about the afternoon rain and wind. If the line hadnt moved so much, i would hedge out. (pga tour)

Tigers back is sore and his odds move in. He's got to be one of the only guys in the world, in sport, who make markets react as such

Phil keeping it rolling after tap in bird before calling it a night yesterday... loves the NY atmosphere again

oh ya, I was going to say, what are the odds of him missing the cut.

Hoffman looks so different with the buzz

oh and watching euro tour golf cant get much more boring.

Haven't had time to watch any of this yet. What's the course supposed to play like over the weekend? I heard rain softened up the greens, but guys shooting 62 in this event is a joke.

Other Plays for today:

Hunter Mahan -115 vs. Jim Furyk - 3rd Round
Matt Kuchar -105 vs. Webb Simpson - 3rd Round
Gary Woodland +.5 (-111) vs. Rickie Fowler - 3rd Round

Looks like 2-2 today. Woodland looked very good today. Kuchar looked good after a rough opening couple holes.

Sabbatini really fucked me late. +3 thru last 4 holes where Watney was -2 thru the last 3

This didnt go as planned. Sorry for those who tailed. Dude went from doubtful to likely winning the event. Oh well.

Yeah I played Spieth as well. My matchups are:

Gary Woodland -105 vs. Kevin Streelman
Jordan Spieth -115 vs. Bubba Watson
Webb Simpson +105 vs. Adam Scott

Greatest Tiger Woods fan in the world: Luke Doolittle

I thought I was...

the kid rarely bets futures, but he has 66 to win 1000 on Scott and was STILL rooting for Tiger's putt to drop

Back