The 2017 Masters...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
I have a few nickel and dimers as well but these are my main few plays and my favorite longshot...

Phil -120 vs Stenson (Full Tournament)

Jon Rahm to miss cut +363

Lowest Score of tournament o65.5 +135

Weisberger to finish Top-10 +800

Sergio outright +3750 (some 4000, some 3500)

I'll discuss a bit here real quick...

Phil is this generations 'Mr. Masters' basically. He knows this place like the back of his hand. He also is playing very well this year. His driving is either superb or horrid but that doesn't mean as much at Augusta. His putting seems in great form right now as well. I think he will have a plan to get around during bad winds etc first two days and be ready for the weekend. Stenson is not in the best form and he doesn't play great at the Masters. This was cheaper but I waited a bit too long but still like it.

Rahm is a great young golfer. He will be there as a force for 20 years perhaps. This is his first time and frankly he should not have played last week after a long week at the Match-Play. Without a lot of course knowledge and windy conditions this isn't the ideal way to start your Masters career, imo. I think he could fade Friday and there is value here to place a small bet.

Over 65.5 is a very good bet imo. Take away Spieths 64 and there wasn't anything below 66 in one of the lower scoring Masters ever two years ago. You can score here but you can give a few back as well. Obviously I feel great the first two days will produce numbers a tad higher. Now, there will be a scoring day over the weekend, most likely Sunday as we all know the pin placements but it still takes a lot to get to 65 there. Remember, even if you birdie all the par 5's, you still have to get three more birdies and nothing above par. Obviously you can throw in a few Eagles but I think the value is in this bet as well.

Bernd will be that name you see Sunday kinda hovering 5-10 places back all afternoon and finishes not with a win but a top-10. Place fits him.

There could be some feel good stories come Sunday...

-Phil winning at 46
-Day winning after everything he's been through
-Woodland making a charge with his life crisis
-Rory career Grand Slam
-Spieth erasing the memories
-Deki being the first to win

Lets go with Sergio breaking through. Why the heck not??

Enjoy, one of my favorite weeks of the year.

Additional plays of merit to be posted in here.

Luck is too short for me for to amatuer. It may only be practise rounds, but he beat Scott over 18 and Rory over 9 in the past few days

Well, it isn't going to be a profitable Masters. The Phil bet looks good and that will cover most of the rest.

Hoffman has 2 putts from inside 20 feet for a 65. You have to be kidding me that anyone would shoot 65 out there. Great round.

Experience and fatigue means nothing to Rahm. He has a few strokes on the field here so unless he really blows up he'll make the cut.

If Bernd can make the cut anything is possible.

Sergio lurking...

Wait... when you say nickel and dimers... are you betting $500 and/or $1,000 on golf?

I have 240-200 on Phil bet and a bit less than that combined on the others posted then some small fun futures/bets. Basically Phil bet covers most everything if that all loses, almost.

It's a cold snowy day here, needed some fun till I get to actually go play myself Saturday morning.

Well, unless Phil totally blows up we good there with Stenson missing cut.

Bernd will make cut, all I could ask for.

Sergio currently tied for lead, will be in final few groups at least tomorrow. I'll take it.

And even though Charley was 75 today, he still won his match-up with Chris Wood so good no-play there.

Nice job baw, you cap it as 2 putts for victory on 18?

Keep that bar tab open

Pulling a KJ and ingaming a recorded sports event right now. I started where I left off. Leaders on 11...

and you'll see that after Rose pulls up with the sore back (tee shot 15 i think) his remaining shots were all wayward. The exception being tee shot 16

Wow at 13. Outta corner of my eye I thought that was a birdie-bogey exchange. I didn't know about the penalty stroke.

Back