That...just happened?

DwightS

Pretty much a regular
So...James Harden just shot more free throws than the entire Grizzlies team. It wasn't even close (25-20), a full 25% more. OK, he was intentionally fouled once and got a technical free throw (coming after the refs blatantly missed 3 consecutive calls against ZBo). But that can happen, right? Oh, wait, Harden was only touched 3 times on his other 22 free throw attempts? What about on the other end? The Grizzlies fed the ball down low and without Howard in there the undersized and poor defensive Rockets were forced to hack constantly, getting beaten up by Randolph, Koufus, Davis, Johnson, Lauer, and Conley/Allen driving into the paint...and yet, they don't get to shoot any FTs?

Harden alone shot 14-16 more FTs than he should have, the Grizzlies shot between 24 and 32 fewer than they should have. Moderately unbelievable. Down by 10 with 11 mins to go, somehow the team LOSING gets 14 FTs to the others 4 with no big man and no getting into the paint (before the intentional fouls started)?

The biggest highlights of all came when ZBo just gets hacked going up for a layup, the Rockets commit a blatant goaltend, which leads to a fast break where Parsons lays it up and gets to shoot the bonus despite not being fouled. It was close with when ZBo gets hacked, drives into the paint, and gets called for a charge with a man on top of him who was in the circle (moments before his technical).

The icing, of course, is the Grizz fouling down 8 with 30 seconds, foul down 7 with 20 seconds, and then just letting it go when down by 8. Interesting

Just wishing the league GL convincing intelligent ppl the poor defensive, jump shooting team gets 40 FTs, to the great defensive, pound it inside team getting 20. Dwight shot 0.

Obv I'm saltier because I just lost the largest wager I've ever made in the NBA, costing me thousands of dollars, but it was also likely the best wager I've ever made. Memphis came in and just annihilated the Rockets. They won by 30+. They even held the 2 best players on Houston (Harden/Howard) to 3/14 from the field. AND Howard, the league leader in FTs attempted, shot 0. To not cover 7.5 is disgusting and took a real piece of work

Sorry for the brutal beat. If the thousands of dollars means that much to you maybe you shouldn't be betting so much on a single wager. Not to be an absolute dick what did you see that made this the best bet ever for you? Just don't get the justification

Sorry for the brutal beat. If the thousands of dollars means that much to you maybe you shouldn't be betting so much on a single wager. Not to be an absolute dick what did you see that made this the best bet ever for you? Just don't get the justification

When did he say the money meant that much to him? He simply bitched about the shady NBA doing it again, that's all.

Too late, this time you actually hit absolute dick status
Tomorrow is another day though

what an asshole. he just lost a brutal beat and you're asking him some bullshit.

Sucks, Dwight...those are hard to take, especially when you "step out". I had +8.5 and feel very fortunate.

Get em back on the flipside manana bro. :shake:

yup, nothing I can do but keep betting on the right side or quit. other bets were the under in cle/atl which could only lose with OT, and the under in lac/por which could also only lose with ot. fun day, 2 fuck jobs and a fix!

you're really asking me what I saw in the game?? I saw it playing out exactly like it played out. I mean, not EXACTLY like it did, I expected Memphis to compete and likely win, not absolutely fucking bloodbath thrash them. I figured the Rockets would have no answer for ZBo other than to maul him, which is exactly all that they could do. I expected Conley to pick this defense apart without Beverley in there to defend since Lin/Brooks are swiss cheese on D (and Brooks getting hurt made it even more insane). I expected Tony Allen, the best perimeter defender in the NBA, to shut down Harden (which was done in spades other than them cheating him a bonus 20 FTs). I just expected an overall huge letdown coming off a huge win where they played out of their minds on Christmas day and Memphis would want this game more. Did I expect Memphis to outplay them by 30-40 points with fair officiating? Of course not, nobody can ever anticipate a group of men playing like the little girls Houston did tonight. But I expected a beatdown and Memphis delivered that.

you'd be the guy that would tell his wife she looks fat in that black dress at her dad's funeral...my lord

you sincerely owe an apology

Look, I'm not going to weigh in on this one way or the other (because, honestly, I don't care), but I just find it amusing that guys who never post in the NBA Forum are now in this thread for the sole purpose of ripping on nbafan, especially without the benefit of context and background.

Read into that what you will...

Lol. Okay guys. Rip me apart for giving money management advice. Let's all create new threads every time there is a bad beat in a game.

Lol. Okay guys. Rip me apart for giving money management advice. Let's all create new threads every time there is a bad beat in a game.

Rip you for money management advice? First off, the OP never said that the money was an issue...that was an assumption you made all on your own. Secondly, since it was a big bet for him (his biggest ever), he felt the need to make a thread after the highway robbery that occurred in Houston last night. He was simply venting...everyone else seemed to understand that but you. So, you most definitely were NOT being ripped for "money management advice," and how you don't realize that is beyond me.

Can we give you some "rooting advice?" The Nets suck, their coach is a joke, their owner isn't much better than a joke, and you should find another team to suck off daily. Don't get mad at me, I'm just giving you some advice on rooting for teams that suck (I have experience living in Buffalo)....don't do it anymore, find another team.

James Harden's 27 points are the most in a game in NBA history by a player who made 2 or fewer field goals. Terrible beat man.

OP is spot on. That had to be one of the worst examples of officiating I have ever seen...even by the NBA's pathetically low standards.

Z-bo spoke out after the game and he will be fined.

Don't worry though...the league is working on the problem and soon they'll allow player nicknames on jersies which will make it all better.

OP is spot on. That had to be one of the worst examples of officiating I have ever seen...even by the NBA's pathetically low standards.

Z-bo spoke out after the game and he will be fined.

Don't worry though...the league is working on the problem and soon they'll allow player nicknames on jersies which will make it all better.

Yeah, that's another horrible idea in a growing list of horrible NBA ideas (the X-Mas jerseys recently made the list). It's my understanding though that the nicknames will, thankfully, only be a 1 game thing (at least initially).

Yeah, that's another horrible idea in a growing list of horrible NBA ideas (the X-Mas jerseys recently made the list). It's my understanding though that the nicknames will, thankfully, only be a 1 game thing (at least initially).

Is "He Hate Me" playing?

listen, I'm more than accustomed to people being assholes in all walks of life. It really is no big deal, I'm not worried about. Like many others have posted, the money was not a huge issue. I've been very fortunate to have had a very successful poker career, but any time thousands of dollars are lost, it sucks. No matter how much money you have. The fact that this was many thousands and on a game I was 100% correct on...yeah, that sucks. I wanted to vent cus I know many on this site are also sharp bettors, were on the same side, and would either feel the same pain or have been through numerous other situations like this. Life goes on, but if this many people feel the need to jump into a thread started by a dude they don't know to tell someone else what a dick they are...might want to re-evaluate some life choices? Just some life choice advice :charming:

Back