That AZ QB Sure is a DumbAss (Like His Coach)

lvmike32

Pretty much a regular
Had AZ -3 - thought it was a conference mismatch like Utah/CSU and bet against the early money. I know the AZ QB is RS Frosh and was a highly prized Bishop Gorman recruit but I was amazed at his willingness to take 3 sacks on that last drive, especially on the last play. have to sail that one into the seats to give your team one more chance at the TD. Just seemed so nonchalant about it. To me it goes to coaching and Rich Rod is among the worst. I paid the price for backing him with my money. But man, that kid doesn't understand the QB position at all after a full season. What we used to call court awareness in basketball he lacks on the football field. Earlier in the game he ran right into a sack. Guess we'll see if he improves over next few seasons. But he was sure a dumbass tonight.

RR was fine other than the spiked ball.

The Bishop Gorman kid probably has friends in LV. Wide open guys all night. Running when he had no pressure. Missing throw after throw ... taking three sacks on that last drive was insane. Taking one to end the game was beyond insane. The one time you can force it too. Throw it away, force it ,,, hell even fumble the thing ... but you cant be tackled with the football. I refuse to believe that he is that dumb... if you are Zona you have to pray it is something more sinister because if he is that stupid you need to move him to tight end

CC, I had already written off the bet but obviously if they can tie it there I have a chance in OT. I was just flabbergasted at how dumb he was - looked like he didn't care. But my point with Rich Rod is that some of that has to go to coaching him up on situational football, though this was just common sense. I agree with you - it was so bad I was thinking they should be recruiting another QB.

RR was fine other than the spiked ball.

The Bishop Gorman kid probably has friends in LV. Wide open guys all night. Running when he had no pressure. Missing throw after throw ... taking three sacks on that last drive was insane. Taking one to end the game was beyond insane. The one time you can force it too. Throw it away, force it ,,, hell even fumble the thing ... but you cant be tackled with the football. I refuse to believe that he is that dumb... if you are Zona you have to pray it is something more sinister because if he is that stupid you need to move him to tight end

I've seen quite a few AZ games this year and that was the worst he looked by far. I won't go X-Files on you guys but yeah, it makes you wonder. I was on BSU fwiw.

Hate to say it because I lost plenty on his decision making, but he's a freshman in the biggest bowl game in recent history for Arizona, and with so many AZ fans there he might have just been absorbed by the moment...and by moment I mean all game. He's been better than that this year, but he's also been awful at times this year. As much as I hope he remains that stupid for the rest of his career I actually give him the benefit of the doubt on that stage. And his coach wasn't doing what a good coach does at all. DickRod was adding fuel to the fire that entire fourth quarter with his attitude as opposed to showing composure and trying to settle that fuckstick down. He was not helpful at all.

Solomon's qb play would make any coach look constipated. He was a disaster. There is not being able to handle the moment on the big stage and then there is just being terrible. I don't think either is the case. Just play pitch and catch .... this was throwing the nerf on the driveway with dad easy ....but he couldn't do it. It felt like almost any college quarterback makes more plays than he does. Heck they are only down 8 at that point because of his pick at the goal line.

How do you get sacked there? It was off an incompletion so it wasn't like he didn't have time think through the situation.

Back