thanksgiving day discussion...lets break them down...

scraps@midnight

Pretty much a regular
12:30 PM EST
305 Tennessee Titans -11 -04 -11 -04 / -11.5 / -11 -11 -15 -700
306 Detroit Lions 43.5o10 44o10 / 44 / 44.5 44 +500
CBS

4:15 PM EST
307 Seattle Seahawks 47.5 47.5 / 47 46.5 +600
308 Dallas Cowboys -13 -03 -13 +01 / -13 +04 / -13 -12.5 -800
FOX

8:15 PM EST
309 Arizona Cardinals 47 47 / 47u12 47 +125
310 Philadelphia Eagles -3 +07 -3 +07 / -3 +09 -3 EVEN -145
NFL NetworkGAME CIRCLED:PHI-QB-McNabb-Probable (expected to start), RB-Westbrook-Questionable, RB-Buckhalter-Questionable

thought i would get this going early...let's find some winners in this mess...tee, sn, joe, calling all degenerates...jump in men! 'an_horse'

gun to the head initial leans are as square as they come...

Tenny
Boys
Red birds

Can't imagine how lopsided the wagers are in the Hawks/Boys game, but its that way every year, I guess. I probably won't play a side in that game, as I haven't seen the Hawks play all year, and have no idea what their D looks like, and what Hassleback can do.

my initial thought when i looked at the card was dallas/sea game over. fully expect dallas to be in the high 30's, similar to last year. as much as i hate them, with romo getting his feel back and adding roy williams they seem to be heading right back to almost unstopable. if felix jones is back, i add 7 at least although have not looked into his status yet. i would also expect seatle to get to 20 with a bit of their offensive rhythm coming back as well. lean to the dallas side as well. i realize these will be popular plays but seem correct.

Have all the same marked with an additional lean on the over in the cards/philly game. Broken blitz coverages lead to Card points and fired up McNabb attempting to show out for his future team.

Detroit might not even get 3 in this game....I expect a major bounce back from the Titans this week....

Liking all the favourites on Thursday thus far.

BOL.

Have all the same marked with an additional lean on the over in the cards/philly game. Broken blitz coverages lead to Card points and fired up McNabb attempting to show out for his future team.

like that over in philly too. had an initial lean to the eagles as well but something strange is going on there and not sure if you fix it in a few days. they should be able to pass against az and set up westbrook (assuming he plays) for a few nice gains. they should come out with something to prove with a national audience but, as i said before, hard to fix issues like that in a few days. not just with ried/mcnabb but odd decisions during games and a team way underperforming. the total seems skewed low by the eagles past three average of 17 as that should not be who they are...but is it? zona should hit the high 20's minimum leaving at least 33 td's for philly...think it happens...'an_horse'

like that over in philly too. had an initial lean to the eagles as well but something strange is going on there and not sure if you fix it in a few days. they should be able to pass against az and set up westbrook (assuming he plays) for a few nice gains. they should come out with something to prove with a national audience but, as i said before, hard to fix issues like that in a few days. not just with ried/mcnabb but odd decisions during games and a team way underperforming. the total seems skewed low by the eagles past three average of 17 as that should not be who they are...but is it? zona should hit the high 20's minimum leaving at least 33 td's for philly...think it happens...'an_horse'

should say 3 td's...not 33!

I see it one of two ways. Either McNabb lays an egg on purpose or he performs his job and plays hard. We know there will be griping from the philly fans regardless of what he does. They have every right to complain, the play by this team has been aweful. I have two concerns: one is Westbrook, he has been beat up over the season. The second being the locker room- will it be divided much like the TO situation.

I see it one of two ways. Either McNabb lays an egg on purpose or he performs his job and plays hard. We know there will be griping from the philly fans regardless of what he does. They have every right to complain, the play by this team has been aweful. I have two concerns: one is Westbrook, he has been beat up over the season. The second being the locker room- will it be divided much like the TO situation.

my guess is mcnabb comes out strong. he always has been a guy who plays better with a chip on his shoulder, when he is being doubted and given up on. if there is division in the locker room, i think it wont be a factor this game. still a group of pretty proud athletes who know they have played like shit and now they have a national audience on thanksgiving. same concerns about bwest, big step down from him but he knows it too...then back to the pride thing and national stage...

having said all that, not sure if i would put my money on it. az may actually be the better team and had philly been playing like they had early in the season i would prolly be on the cards. philly would be more of a situational play thursday if i played them.

I will not be playing them at all, I am already locked on the over with 47. If I play a side, I will tease AZ and get more points. I just do not see Philly shutting the Cards down. AZ will get theres. Whether it is enough to win SU is a differnt question, but there is pride in the Card locker room as well. They have been told all year they cannot win on the road. This will be their chance to prove to a national audiece that they can.

the more i get into it books i agree with your over play. think it may be how i approach this one as well.
need to get all my shit straight today as my wife has me running all over ohio tomorrow. i will be lucky to watch one of the games. she just doesn't get it...ruining my holiday!

nice. hope marlos prediction doesn't screw you! don't play teasers myself but that looks pretty sound.

I like teasing NFL, the lines are typically close and feel if I can get value with a team that I feel confident will win SU, why not get some more points for a buffer. It also allows me to play more games without risking as much bank. I can't stand playing teasers in college as it always bites me in the ass.

Thanks askias, I love money. It helps me afford the luxuries I do not yet have.

Sorry Marlo but Tenn will not lose straight up. If they had won last week and came in undefeated I would have said there was a chance. National tv spotlight, ESPN plugging Det on MIke and Mike to get off Thanksgiving because of how poor they have been for years, Detroit trying to get a win vs. an undefeated team, Titans sleepwalking after a big win against the Jets. But all of these items went to bed after the loss.
Titans have the best coach in the NFL (yes I said BEST) and they are still only 2 games ahead for top seed in the AFC. This game now has a lot of meaning to them. Now if you want to talk about spread........

Back